Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Our anullment timeframe - updated with new problems

11/2009 Sent Money - 250k
    12/2009 Case opened with attorney
    01/2010 Psych Interview & Report
    02/2010 Case Filed at court
    03/2010 Sheriff delivered summons
    04/2010 Waiting for husband's appeal - none was made
    05/2010 Fiscal investigation
    06/2010 Pretrial
    07/2010 Meeting judge/fiscal/attorney
    08/2010 1st hearing - wife/husband in court
    10/2010 2nd (and last) hearing - psychologist in court
    11/2010 another 50k sent for additional court costs (one relative of the husband objected to the case and a call for the husband to come forward had to be posted all over the PR)
    03/2010 verdict expected

Now, my asawa was called by the attorney who informed her that the fiscals wanted to speak with her. She went to the fiscals and they asked for 'a token of appreciation'. One clerk at the attorney's office confirmed that one of the fiscals has already delayed the proceedings - the case could have been done a month ago.

Bugger. We're both upset now...

What to do?

http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Quote Originally Posted by sm1971 View Post
    11/2010 another 50k sent for additional court costs (one relative of the husband objected to the case and a call for the husband to come forward had to be posted all over the PR)
    03/2010 verdict expected

Now, my asawa was called by the attorney who informed her that the fiscals wanted to speak with her. She went to the fiscals and they asked for 'a token of appreciation'. One clerk at the attorney's office confirmed that one of the fiscals has already delayed the proceedings - the case could have been done a month ago.

What to do?

Ahem. That's 20k, not 50, and 30/2011, of course.

One possibility might be to suggest agreement after completion of annulment via your
    attorney.

Quote Originally Posted by sm1971 View Post
    12/2009 Case opened with attorney
    01/2010 Psych Interview & Report
    02/2010 Case Filed at court
    03/2010 Sheriff delivered summons
    04/2010 Waiting for husband's appeal - none was made
    05/2010 Fiscal investigation
    06/2010 Pretrial
    07/2010 Meeting judge/fiscal/attorney
    08/2010 1st hearing - wife/husband in court
    10/2010 2nd (and last) hearing - psychologist in court
    03/2010 verdict expected

What to do?
    Did your asawa sign an agreement with the lawyer before the case is opened?? the lawyer and your asawa should have a written agreement about the annulment proceedings including the over all cost of it, which means no added cost for any ''token of appreciation'' or whatsoever this should be included!!! ..the lawyer should be the one giving money to the fiscals,clinical psychologist,court proceedings etc ,...I repeat,the breakdown of costs and terms of payment is all included in the Agreement papers...If she gave all the 250k in one go without holding any agreement papers from the lawyer then she made a big mistake,they will ask more money from you !!! Blood sucking leeches!!!
    sorry ,as it is proven (50K) more and more before she finally finish the case..

Reminder:

After the annulment ,your asawa should bring her previous marriage certificate, finality/decision papers (annulment decree) to the NSO for annotation..some lawyers included this in the annulment payment/proceedings but dont worry if it is not ,your asawa can do it on her own with little expenses expected. She will be needing this annotation before she can be allowed to marry again or for any visa she wants to apply in the future.

Goodluck!!
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Quote Originally Posted by sars_notd_virus View Post
    Did your asawa sign an agreement with the lawyer before the case is opened?? the lawyer and your asawa should have a written agreement about the annulment proceedings including the over all cost of it, which means no added cost for any ''token of appreciation'' or whatsoever this should be included!!! ..the lawyer should be the one giving money to the fiscals,clinical psychologist,court proceedings etc ,...I repeat,the breakdown of costs and terms of payment is all included in the Agreement papers...

I think that it is in the agreement papers, all foreseeable, legal costs. The 20k (not 50k, that was a mistake by me) are the result of an interference of the husband's family, there was nothing the attorney could do about that - in fact I think he managed to reduce the cost (and waiting time) for us considerably in this instance.

That unexpected bribes to corrupt fiscals are not part of an official document shouldn't be a surprise, I think.

We preferred to go with an attorney who was recommended to us and gave us maximum chances of succeeding in court (which of course is by far and away the most important thing). We don't really have any complaints about him as he seems to have done his work very well and his advice helped a lot along the way.

If she gave all the 250k in one go without holding any agreement papers from the lawyer then she made a big mistake,they will ask more money from you !!! Blood sucking leeches!!!
    sorry ,as it is proven (50K) more and more before she finally finish the case..

20k more.

He was paid in instalments after completion of certain steps, and is still helping after the last payment, so we don't have complaints at all. All additional costs were to our knowledge caused by outside parties - legal costs thanks to the husband's family and now probably bribes to the fiscals (we didn't pay anything to them yet, and I'm not sure if we will).

Thread Information