Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

[OLD] English Language Test - UK Border Agency Partners List - Accepted Qualifications

Any migrant who wants to enter or remain in the UK as the partner of a British citizen or a person settled here will need to show that they can speak and understand English, by taking an English language test with one of our approved test providers. The term 'partner' means husband, wife, civil partner, unmarried partner, same-sex partner, fiance(e) or proposed civil partner.

The tests will be compulsory for people applying from within the UK, and for visa applicants from overseas.

You can find the list of approved tests and providers attached to this post.

You can also find approved centers in the Philippines HERE
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

IELTS is one of the accepted qualifications. Further information: http://www.ielts.org/pdf/Information...es_booklet.pdf

Manila testing centre http://www.ielts.org/test_centre_sea...3-c9d0cbc89a8d

hi there keith,

I tried to open the attached thumbnails, but can not seem to open? is there something im doing wrong? Keeps sending me to the sign in page.

Do you have the free Adobe Reader installed on your computer? http://get.adobe.com/uk/reader/

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    here is a link where you can do practice tests to prepare for IELTS

http://www.britishcouncil.org/philip...-resources.htm
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    Do you have the free Adobe Reader installed on your computer? http://get.adobe.com/uk/reader/
    Yes i do. I downloaded the recent version also. I also wasn't able to open the thumbnails of people's cars on another thread also. I thought maybe i don't have sufficient privilages???

Nothing to do with privileges, it's your browser settings. Try it in another browser like Opera.

i wonder how much is the score needed for the settement visa.....

Quote Originally Posted by Queenbee View Post
    i wonder how much is the score needed for the settement visa.....
    for Ielts, i think the minimum pass mark is 4 in the listening and speaking sections queenbee.
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

not sure what score you need but its a pretty basic test. my fiance did it about 5 weeks ago and i went with her. i could hear her doing the speaking test.1 of the questions was "you go into a supermarket and you cant find the rice.what do you ask the supermarket attendant" her answer "sorry where is the rice". another 1 "you go into a cafe and you want a cup of tea what do you ask" her answer "sorry can i have cup of tea please"

Quote Originally Posted by poss30 View Post
    not sure what score you need but its a pretty basic test. my fiance did it about 5 weeks ago and i went with her. i could hear her doing the speaking test.1 of the questions was "you go into a supermarket and you cant find the rice.what do you ask the supermarket attendant" her answer "sorry where is the rice". another 1 "you go into a cafe and you want a cup of tea what do you ask" her answer "sorry can i have cup of tea please"
    Was that IELTS ? or some other test?

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Was that IELTS ? or some other test?
    not sure what its called untill she gets the application back on monday. It was the english language test certificate she needed to apply for settlement visa

just like to add because it might be help to somebody on here. i stupidly did not know about this test. we paid the visa fee then went to apply online and it asked for this certificate. i called the vfs and they gave me a phone number of a company that does the test.They said we can do reading/writing tomorrow and speaking/listening in 3 weeks.

Only had 10 days to get the application done so i called the vfs again and they gave me another number.They did all 4 parts the next day.problem was when i asked how long for the certificate they said 15 days (working days). Explained my problem to the girl and the english guy running the place must have overheard me.

he said they used to do a fast track so you get the certificate in 5 days but they stopped doing it because they were so busy.He had been trying to get the fast track going again and wanted to use my reason to push them.

it worked. cost me p7500 for certificate and p7500 for the fast track but it was ready in 5 working days. so if anybody gets in my position they are in the axa life building in makati.(EMD/Study connect) is there name

it was not Ielts then, she would have had to do all 4 parts in one go and it would take most of a day..
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

she did all 4 parts i was sat bored for 5 hours.1st company they gave me number for would only do reading/writing next day but listening/speaking in 3 weeks time. 2nd company did all 4 parts next day.we couldnt apply for visa without it

not sure if that is the IELTS but it was the certificate she needed to apply for fiance/settlement visa. had to do reading/writing/listening & speaking

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    thanks for the info sir.

Respected Member
    The Test for Settlement visa is called TOEIC. Test of English for International Communication. It is composed of Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking. Listening and Reading has a separate schedule from Writing and Speaking. For UK Settlement Visa applicants, Hopkins International Partners, Inc. is the sole provider and authorize to conduct the TOEIC by the British Embassy in the Philippines.

Quote Originally Posted by ynwa View Post
    The Test for Settlement visa is called TOEIC. Test of English for International Communication. It is composed of Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking. Listening and Reading has a separate schedule from Writing and Speaking. For UK Settlement Visa applicants, Hopkins International Partners, Inc. is the sole provider and authorize to conduct the TOEIC by the British Embassy in the Philippines.
    Any test that meets the level A1 of European Framework for Listening and Reading is acceptable to UKBA for visa purposes.

Is HOPKINS still part of the new list for english test centers for visa application requirements????Is there anyone here have had an experience taking up TOEIC Exam at HOPKINS... might be good to read some experience and info's....... ;')

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lykayu01 View Post
    Is HOPKINS still part of the new list for english test centers for visa application requirements????Is there anyone here have had an experience taking up TOEIC Exam at HOPKINS... might be good to read some experience and info's....... ;')
    My wife took the TOEIC test with Hopkins in Manila in July, after the UKBA had re organised things. She was able to attend a workshop one day and then did the 2 tests the following week. She found them okay. As I did. I had a few chats with them on the phone and found them to be ok.

I would say go ahead and use them......

thanks lastlid....... would still be need more info's and guide's as im still just on a starting process

Banned
    http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/si...lish-tests.pdf

Hi lykayu. The above is the link of approved test centres currently on the UKBA website. However Hopkins isnt on it, as far as I can see. I dont know if this means that Hopkins is no longer approved. But like I say, only 3 weeks ago my wife submitted her Hopkins TOEIC certificates to the UKBA and all was well as her Spouse visa was approved.

Try emailing Tess at VFS Manila at MariaE@vfsglobal.com as she is the deputy manager there and is pretty prompt at responding.

Also try phoning Hopkins directly on (632) 895-9944; 896-5808

Quote Originally Posted by lastlid View Post
    http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/si...lish-tests.pdf

Hi lykayu. The above is the link of approved test centres currently on the UKBA website. However Hopkins isnt on it, as far as I can see. I dont know if this means that Hopkins is no longer approved. But like I say, only 3 weeks ago my wife submitted her Hopkins TOEIC certificates to the UKBA and all was well as her Spouse visa was approved.

Try emailing Tess at VFS Manila at MariaE@vfsglobal.com as she is the deputy manager there and is pretty prompt at responding.

Also try phoning Hopkins directly on (632) 895-9944; 896-5808

Don't panic.

Hopkins is an authorized Test Centre and Philippine representative of ETS.

ETS is an approved and listed provider and awarding body for UKBA

Take a look here and enter Philippines in the drop down menu

Don't expect too much from VFS as it may not be possible for them to comment (or even know) all the test centres that are acting on behalf of approved providers.

Respected Member

Hi Lykayu01
    I took my TOEIC last May through Hopkins. They are superb! No worries its very basic. You can visit their website and print a practice test off them. One thing, they are very accessible as they accept online application. I was based in Bohol so I got my speaking and writting in Makati and after a week got the listening and reading in Cebu. I got 4 results at the end of May.

Mmm just really curious about hopkins and wish they are still on the list of Ukba up to end of this year.... Thanks for everyone who replied.,,, more infos about spouse visa would mean a lot in my preparation....tnx'

Been a good day went to vfs while ago forgetting the checklist and to adk loads of questions happy everything has been answered.... Yup!!!! Hopkins in makati is still on list of examination center!!!! Soon be taking that test... Maybe by december or so.....

Respected Member
    best of luck. you can make with for sure

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ynwa View Post
    Is there anyone here have had an experience taking up TOEIC Exam at HOPKINS... might be good to read some experience and info's....... ;')

Yes. My wife took her tests there. She did the package with workshop day included. Took 2 visits. They were very good. I spoke to them on the phone several times. I was impressed with them.

Thanks lastlid and ynwa well there more to go and much stressful... Hehe but i hope everything goes well... I know God is Good more questions to go soon i just hope you would all help me incase... Thanks again!!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information