Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: Please Help Me!

Post Please Help Me!

Hello everyone!!!

I am Arjie i am new here...I am here seeking for some advice about my case.

I am divorced in the US last 2009 and I came back here in the Philippines last March 2010. and last 2 weeks of February this year, I went to the DFA Office(in Butuan,Philippines) to renew my passport, because my passport expired this coming Sept. of this year. i want to use my single name but the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) personnel they don't accept my application, because i had amendment on my passport that it shows my married name on it ,I showed my Divorced paper to them and they don't accept it.They said i can use my single name if i file a petition to recognize my foreign divorce to the Philippine Court and if the court approved my petition i can clear my status in the National Statistics Office (NSO in Philippines).And that's the time I can use my single name again into my passport.

And also I have a British boyfriend now,He visited me here in the Philippines twice and he invited me to come to visit him to England using a tourist visa and live with him in 6 months.He is my sponsor on my trip to visit him.

My Questions Are:
    1.How long it takes to file a Petition to recognize my foreign divorce here in the Philippines?
    2. How much is that cost?
    3.Do i need to hire a Lawyer for this?
    4.Is that okay i will renew my passport with my married name and applying a tourist visa?
    5. In my case if i file a tourist visa and they found out that i am still married here in the Philippines under the Philippine Law.The British Consulate can refuse my tourist Visa?.

Please help me..

Cheers,

Arjie

hello arjie welcome to the forum!!

Yes you need to hire a lawyer as they will be the one to file the petition in the court for the recognition of your foreign divorce,it usually takes a month or two for the papers to come out depends on your negotiation with the lawyer...

Its good to file the petition for recognition of foreign divorce if you plan to marry again in the future,its one of the most important documents you need to provide but
    I dont think you need to change your name now into your single name if u are just planning to visit the UK on a tourist visa as you got your supporting documents like the final divorce papers to support all your documents when u submit it to the UK embassy.
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Thank you so much..

Thread Information