Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: Visa

Newbie (Restricted Access)

Visa

My Filipino fiance is hoping to come to the uk in august with a fiance visa so we can have a civil wedding here. But she is not working at the moment and is relying on me to send regular money every month. So both of us are not rich. I own a 3bedroom house here with one room being rented out. I work 8 months of the year after taking redundancy 2 years ago. I have enough money to support both of us but the money varies because of not working 4 months in the year. Would it be better if we had our civil wedding in the Philippines then it should be easier to bring her to the uk?

Hi Triesch57, welcome to you
    doesnt look like you have any problem, advantage your own house,plenty big enough even with renting one room,,you only need 6 months wage slips,and i think 6 months bank statments too,hopefully if your timming is good you may have 6 months consecutive,rather than being broken up by any of your 4 months without work,
    any savings you have will help,you need to be able to show proof you can look after her for at least 6 months,as she must not be dependant on dss ect,
    but you need to have met her possibly 2 times at least, photos reciepts of flights ,hotels ect, records of your letters, phone calls, any comunication, printed copy of yahoo chat or msn , all this will help,
    others are going to ask, how long you known her?have you met? ect ect, this is a good forum, everyone is very friendly and helpfull, have a look around your answers may already be there
    there are others on here with greater experience and knowledge than myself,

hello triesh57 welcome here!!
    check this link... http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....-Process-Guide
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

welcome triesch57 well, imagine has told you everything you need to know, just to add this little thing which is so important try not to show any bank statements that you are overdrawn in and if you have savings off around £2000 that helps too

but you need to have met her possibly 2 times at least

Incorrect... once will suffice if the rest of the evidence that you both provide is strong enough.

No man is an island, but Barry is

hi all, i intend marrying in the phills as soon as i can get things sorted, but, when i/we try to bring her into the UK, what problems will i have? as im not working,ive been a "carer" for my elderly mum for the past 6 7 years or so, i have savings of around 16,000 thought going back and forth to the phills will put a hole in that,ive already been there once to meet her,im just back less than 3 weeks ago,. also,the only way we have communicated is by email,(which has already been deleted) and yahoo chat, we talk on there for up 2 hours or more at a time, ive tried printing out the im archive but it just prints one page,which is about 10 minutes of the 2 hours.anyone any ideas?

Triesch57
    Firstly welcome to the forum.
    Secondly, In principle the requirements for Spouse Visa and Fiancee visa are about the same.

Take a look here to see different views on pro's and con's of each:-
    http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....ces-i-needed.-

Quote Originally Posted by briancol View Post
    . also,the only way we have communicated is by email,(which has already been deleted) and yahoo chat, we talk on there for up 2 hours or more at a time, ive tried printing out the im archive but it just prints one page,which is about 10 minutes of the 2 hours.anyone any ideas?
    Hi Brian and welcome to the forum
    the way i get to print my yahoo chats is to copy and paste on to a word document. go to message archive in yahoo messenger its under contacts when you click on the date of the chat you see part of you chat below right click on the chat and press "select all" the right click again and press "copy" then paste it on to a word document. well thats how i do it there might be a better way i will then save it and print the first page and the last two pages.

I hope i have not confused you some else might have a better way
    As life is to live so love is to give

Hi Alanp. thank very much for your help, ive just got it done tonight, i copied and pasted it to my email and sent it to myself,then printed it out,i did it in smaller print to save on paper cause theres a lot of it plus i did it in different colours to save on black ink,. i hope the visa people or whoever reads it doesnt mind,too bad if they do cause its done now and i aint doing it again,. all the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdjones View Post
    but you need to have met her possibly 2 times at least

Incorrect... once will suffice if the rest of the evidence that you both provide is strong enough.

thats good to know thanks ,bluebird

yahoo messages, i dont think you need every chat ,, what i do is 1/right clic on your girl in contacts,2/clic message archive,( the top partition you will see day ,time of chats,bottom partition the chat of which ever date from above that you have highlighted,)there is no need to copy every chat,
    3/i use the windows sniping tool to copy what i can see then send to my email for safe keeping, and to be printed from there,
    scroll down in the top partition to the next dates not yet copied,highlight one of them so you get a new chat showing in the bottom portion and so on,this way you can be choosy what chat they see,find one not private, the top shows them the days you chatted on, you do not need to print every chat

Respected Member
    Hi briancol,

If you dont mind asking where are u in Northern Ireland? My fiancee is from Belfast. He went here last June 2010..

Quote Originally Posted by imagine View Post
    thats good to know thanks ,bluebird
    thanku for that,i have done most of thm already, but im assuming they wont read everything in them,yes theres privat stuff there as well.i'l check over thm b4 thet are submitted,thts a long way ahead yet.

Quote Originally Posted by febmary View Post
    Hi briancol,

If you dont mind asking where are u in Northern Ireland? My fiancee is from Belfast. He went here last June 2010..
    hi Febmary. im from Belfast, south Belfast to be exact.

hi all, i intend marrying in the phills as soon as i can get things sorted, but, when i/we try to bring her into the UK, what problems will i have? as im not working,ive been a "carer" for my elderly mum for the past 6 7 years or so, i have savings of around 16,000 thought going back and forth to the phills will put a hole in that,ive already been there once to meet her,im just back less than 3 weeks ago,.

Thread Information