Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access)

Report of Marriage in Philippine Embassy

Hello! My wife came here with a fiance visa. Her maiden name is currently on her passport. Now that she is going to apply for a spousal visa, and she wants to take my surname, does she need to apply for a new philippine passport with my surname? The the FLR(M) form states that she write her name as in the passport. And if she does apply for a new passport with using my surname, how long does it usually take? Her fiance visa is due to expire in May and we are kind of in a tight schedule because we also don't know how long it will take for her application for spousal visa. I hope you can help us. Thank you very much!

Omskie, I think you're confused.

From what I understand, your wife originally arrived on a fiancee visa, and you have since married.
    So, all well & good. You've complied with the visa conditions.

Therefore, there's no need for a "spousal visa", nor will they contemplate issuing one.

The next step is the FLR.

If you want her married name to be use, I'd suggest you get yourself along to the Philippine Embassy, register the marriage (which is an obligation on your part anyway), and get them to amend the name in her passport.
    This will only take a day. Leave passport in the morning / collect in the afternoon.

Then, when you fill in the FLR application, you can use her married name, (ie, the name in her passport) and use her maiden name in the section where it says "know by previous names".

BTW .... remember, she also needs to do the English test
    No man is an island, but Barry is

Thank you very much for the reply!
    Yes, I meant the FLR. We went and check the philippine embassy website and unfortunately they don't ammend passports anymore, she needs to get a new one. The problem is we don't know how long it will take for the new one to arrive. We just hope it will before the visa expires.

you mean because her old passport is expiring?
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

Hi omskie, what you could do is to report your marriage at the Philippine Embassy in London (print the form from their website), then sent it off together with the requirements and fees needed!...I understand that she needs a new passport in her married name but how you gonna do it then? did you phone up Philippine Embassy if she has to get it from Philippines, that if they don't amend like what you said?? but I doubt it.....just double check
    Everything happens for a reason, yet God makes impossible things POSSIBLE!

In this way, you could take ONE big worry off of your list since Philippine Embassy is going to forward a copy to the DFA & NSO here in Manila! At least next time she needs her marriage cert in NSO security paper, you don't need to report it again at the local civil registry and have to wait until it gets to the NSO system!!....good luck guys, hope this helps
    Everything happens for a reason, yet God makes impossible things POSSIBLE!

Hi there ! - Heres what I did

1 - We arrived Sept09 under a Fiancee Visa.
    2 - Jan 2010 was the happy happy day !! (Marriage)
    3- Before Fiancee Visa Expired we applied for FLR (Further Leave to Remain) Using FLR(M)form
    4.Our little man was born in June 2010
    5. We took a trip to London PH Embassy - To - Report Our marriage plus the Birth of our Son.

6. We will shortly be going back up for a day out in London and submitt the forms to Change my wifes Surname to my family name - Which does involve a new passport being issued - I believe they say upto 6 weeks..

NOTE: - As you are probably aware the PH embassy is a very busy place - Be sure to Print off the forms from the Embassy website - FIll them out and ensure you take Copies of the forms/ Birth/Marriage certs.. as requested in the Notes on the forms.

All the best !!!!!!!!

Cheers

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by timbo View Post
    2 - Jan 2010 was the happy happy day !! (Marriage)
    - We got married in January as well

Quote Originally Posted by timbo View Post
    3- Before Fiancee Visa Expired we applied for FLR (Further Leave to Remain) Using FLR(M)form
    - Did she apply using her maiden name or did she use your last name when she applied? Was her name on her granted visa with your surname?

Thanks!

It was all done using my wifes Family name - not my surname -
    Surname on visa is her family name -

You can do it either way - we were a bit pushed for time - so did it this was around --

January is a popular month !! lol

Take care tim

Quote Originally Posted by omskie View Post
    - Did she apply using her maiden name or did she use your last name when she applied? Was her name on her granted visa with your surname?

Thanks!
    Take a look at the Form and the guidance notes. The Home office will only ask for the name as it appears on the passport
    So no worries.

Thread Information