Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

Has Anyone Taken English Language Test in Cebu?

Has anyone taken their A1 English language test at a reputable, well-established centre in Cebu? If so, please can you name the centre here?

Hello Breakfast,

The only test providers recognized by the UKBA are located in Manila, Baguio, and CdO.

Please also see here: http://www.vfs-uk-ph.com/images/A1level.pdf

Good luck,
    Daks

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakila View Post
    Hello Breakfast,

The only test providers recognized by the UKBA are located in Manila, Baguio, and CdO.

Please also see here: http://www.vfs-uk-ph.com/images/A1level.pdf

Good luck,
    Daks
    The VFS does not list all the centres - only those that it knows about. Test Centres do not have to be approved by the UKBA but the test providers (the awarding bodies) do have to be approved by the UKBA.

Here is the list...

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/si...s-partners.pdf

The advice would be to contact the test providers (awarding bodies) on the UKBA list to see if they have a centre in Cebu.

I know for certain that the British Council do offer the test in Cebu, but it is above the A1 level required (actually B1 level) so may not be suited to all.

For more information you can go here...

http://www.britishcouncil.org/philip...-for-ielts.htm

The forthcoming test dates are listed here...

http://www.britishcouncil.org/philip...hilippines.htm

Heya!I chose the British Council and took ielts...Is that ok? Im currently waiting for the results now

Quote Originally Posted by Queenbee View Post
    Heya!I chose the British Council and took ielts...Is that ok? Im currently waiting for the results now
    Here's wishing you the very best of luck for a great result.

Can I ask a question about the grades?
    I have been pretty confused with the TOEIC exam grades, my Fiancee has taken her L&R and got a combined score of 325. I cant remember the exact individual numbers - I see for an A1 Pass on the above page listed (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/si...s-partners.pdf) it says the following:-
    A1
    Listening - 60
    Speaking - 50

Is this 50% or 50 out of 1000? If its the latter I believe my Mahal would have succeeded in the first test! Which to me is a great big weight of my head!!

She does not get the S&W exam result until end of the month...

Sorry to take this off thread a little...

Tone

Quote Originally Posted by Breakfast View Post
    Has anyone taken their A1 English language test at a reputable, well-established centre in Cebu? If so, please can you name the centre here?
    try to contact Center for International Education in Cebu, they are under Cambridge University.. here's the link: http://cambridgeesol-centres.org/cen...xam&country=PH

Quote Originally Posted by Breakfast View Post
    Yep! They opened a testing center in Cebu already. Just recently took mine last January 2011... This is the testing center, address and contact number which the VFS Manila emailed to me

English for Business Level 4

Education Development
    International

Preliminary Level
    Listening – 50%
    Reading – 50%
    Speaking – 50%
    Writing – 50%

Theodolite Training Group UK Inc.
    Cebu:Room 2001, 20th Floor
    Golden Peak Hotel,
    Gorordo Avenue,
    Cebu City 600
    Philippines
    Phone: + 32 414 6081
    Fax: +44 870 134 9750
    Skype number: +44 127 325
    2804 (username: comesmile)
    E-mail: info@theodolitetraining.com

Quote Originally Posted by ConfusedMe View Post
    Yep! They opened a testing center in Cebu already. Just recently took mine last January 2011... This is the testing center, address and contact number which the VFS Manila emailed to me

English for Business Level 4

Education Development
    International

Preliminary Level
    Listening – 50%
    Reading – 50%
    Speaking – 50%
    Writing – 50%

Theodolite Training Group UK Inc.
    Cebu:Room 2001, 20th Floor
    Golden Peak Hotel,
    Gorordo Avenue,
    Cebu City 600
    Philippines
    Phone: + 32 414 6081
    Fax: +44 870 134 9750
    Skype number: +44 127 325
    2804 (username: comesmile)
    E-mail: info@theodolitetraining.com

Those details are no longer valid for the NEW UKBA approved list.

All English Language Tests must comform to the NEW UKBA list with effect from 18 July 2011

Please look here for the new approved listing from UKBA for providers of English language courses and tests:-
    http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/si...lish-tests.pdf

Really? What happens to my English results now? Are they still valid? Can I still use them for my spousal visa application?

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post

All English Language Tests must comform to the NEW UKBA list with effect from 18 July 2011

Please look here for the new approved listing from UKBA for providers of English language courses and tests:-

Banned

Theodolite are a suspect operation Howerd posted a lot about them

Really? What happens to my English results now? Are they still valid? Can I still use them for my spousal visa application?
    You can ONLY used that specific pass certificate for visa application submitted before and including 17 July 2011
    On and after 18 July 2011 you MUST have a pass certificate from the new approved list (from the link I supplied)

But ConfusedMe, you have no need to be worried about that English Test since you already arrived here in UK with your Visa
    You do not need to take that test again for your FLR.

But at some time in the future (after marriage) you will need to pass Life in UK Test for your ILR. Plenty of time for that. Just one step at a time.

Okidoki.. Phew! That gives me a relief! Thanks Terpe! Just worried

You can ONLY used that specific pass certificate for visa application submitted before and including 17 July 2011
    On and after 18 July 2011 you MUST have a pass certificate from the new approved list (from the link I supplied)

But ConfusedMe, you have no need to be worried about that English Test since you already arrived here in UK with your Visa
    You do not need to take that test again for your FLR.

But at some time in the future (after marriage) you will need to pass Life in UK Test for your ILR. Plenty of time for that. Just one step at a time.

Okidoki.. Phew! That gives me a relief! Thanks Terpe! Just worried
    Next step for you is to actually get that marriage certificate

Please don't forget that you MUST get married AND apply for FLR BEFORE your fiancee visa expires.

Yep! Getting married this August.. Excited much I just want to ask for some advice:

After we get married, we are planning to go to the Phil embassy in London to submit the Notice of Marriage. While we are there, I will renew my passport and change my family name to his .

Is it best to get the new passport (I still have old maroon one which will expire this 2013) or apply for the spousal visa first then get the new passport?

Next step for you is to actually get that marriage certificate

Please don't forget that you MUST get married AND apply for FLR BEFORE your fiancee visa expires.

Yep! Getting married this August.. Excited much I just want to ask for some advice:

After we get married, we are planning to go to the Phil embassy in London to submit the Notice of Marriage. While we are there, I will renew my passport and change my family name to his .

Is it best to get the new passport (I still have old maroon one which will expire this 2013) or apply for the spousal visa first then get the new passport?

There's really no pressure to renew your passport. Name changes on a passport are really of no importance at all.

My personal suggestion to you, is to get that FLR done and dusted as soon as you are married. That is the key priority.
    You may still use your new married surname if you wish anytime you want. Your marriage certificate is the link.
    BTW may I suggest getting 4 or 5 marriage certificate copies at the time of your marriage. They will come in very handy.

Another nice idea to think about is to consider having your maiden name as your new middle name. This follows Philippine tradition and also keeps a nice track for all subsequent documentation. Quite a large number of people will do that, but it's up to you.

Yea, I was also thinking about getting many copies of marriage certificate for future use...

So what I understood now is I got my new name in the spouse visa and old name on my passport. Is that possible? Coz what I know is when I apply for visa, they always follow the name in my passport...
    There's really no pressure to renew your passport. Name changes on a passport are really of no importance at all.

My personal suggestion to you, is to get that FLR done and dusted as soon as you are married. That is the key priority.
    You may still use your new married surname if you wish anytime you want. Your marriage certificate is the link.
    BTW may I suggest getting 4 or 5 marriage certificate copies at the time of your marriage. They will come in very handy.

Another nice idea to think about is to consider having your maiden name as your new middle name. This follows Philippine tradition and also keeps a nice track for all subsequent documentation. Quite a large number of people will do that, but it's up to you.

hell everyone,

I will be taking my A1 English Exam on the 10th of September and I will not be taking the 5 day course that the Theodolite Training Group UK Inc. offered to me because it cost a lot (much bigger than the Test fee).

I am a bit anxious because I really don't know what are the question they are going to throw on me.

I need your help, Please.. to those people who are done taking it..I just want to ease the nervousness I felt :/

Thank you so much!

More power...

Grace xxxxx

hello Breakfast,

are u in London now?.. what is your visa? is it fiancee or spousal? and how many months that the whole process takes?

thank you so much

Grace xxx

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GraceAdam View Post
    hell everyone,

I will be taking my A1 English Exam on the 10th of September and I will not be taking the 5 day course that the Theodolite Training Group UK Inc. offered to me because it cost a lot (much bigger than the Test fee).

I am a bit anxious because I really don't know what are the question they are going to throw on me.

I need your help, Please.. to those people who are done taking it..I just want to ease the nervousness I felt :/

Thank you so much!

More power...

Grace xxxxx
    A good move keeping clear of Rogue Traders

UKBA Approved test centers in Cebu City.

Quote Originally Posted by aryM View Post
    try to contact Center for International Education in Cebu, they are under Cambridge University.. here's the link: http://cambridgeesol-centres.org/cen...xam&country=PH
    has anyone used this place/organization for the english language test,? is it UKBA approved? if so can you give details please, cost,opening/test times.
    we need a test center in Cebu City. any help appreciated. thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by briancol View Post
    has anyone used this place/organization for the english language test,? is it UKBA approved? if so can you give details please, cost,opening/test times.
    we need a test center in Cebu City. any help appreciated. thanks.
    Do remember that UKBA currently only requires a very basic level (A1) for Speaking and Listening.
    All of the various English tests are quite expensive. In the region of about P7000 - P8500

You really need to find a test centre that offers an appropriate test at reasonable cost, close to where your wife/gf lives. Many of these test centres also arrange review classes for those whose self-confidence needs a boost.

UKBA requires applicants to pass ANY English Language test that meets or exceeds the A1 level of the European Common framework.
    There are a number of different tests that can be taken, and a number of Approved Providers and test-centres but they must be on the UKBA approved listing.

There are details of how to contact all of the approved providers etc
    I know that there ARE test centres in Cebu.

Hope this info will help

hi Terpe,thanks for the reply. my wife is currently in Butuan City, so she could take a 5 hour bus journey to Cagayan then 5 hours back, but we plan to travel to cebu the day after her graduation ,which is 7th November,so would prefer a test center in Cebu City. do you have an actual address of a center in Cebu,or even a web site of a particular test center.? thanks.

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    look at the link Terpe has posted here..the one i know that has accredited test center in Cebu is the IDP Philippines.. www.philippines.idp.com/uk/contact_us/cebu.aspx

hi Ryanaputi,thanks for your help.is tht place UKBA approved? and could you tell me which test to apply for,i dont understand all the initials they use to name the test.if you see what i mean.

thank you..

yes, as i said, if you would look in the pdf file from the link that Terpe posted here, IDP Philippines is included in the list..IDP offers IELTS, which is also stated in the pdf file..IELTS is one of the tests that your wife can take as a requirement for visa application..search the forum for IELTS pointers coz there are lots here about that too..

thank you for your help.Ryanaputi & Terpe & others.

We wanted d to go to cebu to do the test rather than take a 5 hour bus ride to cagayan de oro to do it but seems i cant pay for the test online and my wife needs to apply/pay in person to the center in cebu,i thought it wud b easy for me to apply for her online and pay online,then she just turn up at the center .no as straight forward as i thought,looks like she will have to go to cagayan after all.but even thats not straight forward either,. Why is everything in the phills so complicated?

they are requiring to submit the application personally so that they can verify who the applicant is..she also needs to show identification, like the passport, upon submission of the application and it'll be the same one she'll use on the test date..it's for security purposes and not because it's meant to be complicated..

yes Ryan i can see the reason behind it but it means a plane journey to Cebu just to submit the application.
    does anyone know if 'study connect international' in Cagayan De Oro is UKBA approved? have anyone on here used them for the exam? thanks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information