Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    You'll probably get a better price if you book nearer you plan to travel!

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieXXXmaria View Post
    Clark's only practical if you're going north of Manila or catching a domestic flight. Clark only serves four cities in the Phils at the moment, Davao, Puerto Princesa, Kalibo and Cebu so unless you want to visit Cebu then get a boat to Bohol, it's best to fly to Tag from Manila. And as Cavite/Marikina are on Manila's doorstep it's a no brainer unless you fancy a 2+ hour road trip from Pampanga.

The new airport on Panglao Island might be served by Clark once it opens though.
    Clark only serves four cities in the Phils at the moment, Davao, Puerto Princesa, Kalibo and Cebu -best to check those routes ,pal express already pulled out of clark ,now i think airasia are going to too ,tiger airways are cancelling a lot of flights too -so wouldnt book any flights to clark yet unless you are willing to travel to manila for onward connection

Quote Originally Posted by irishman12 View Post
    Clark only serves four cities in the Phils at the moment, Davao, Puerto Princesa, Kalibo and Cebu -best to check those routes ,pal express already pulled out of clark ,now i think airasia are going to too ,tiger airways are cancelling a lot of flights too -so wouldnt book any flights to clark yet unless you are willing to travel to manila for onward connection
    I checked that info a few weeks back although as with a lot of transportation in the Phils, stuff does change frequently. As for Air Asia pulling out of Clark , that might be an internet rumour of no substance or just a plain wind-up as they have a hub at Clark, but stranger things have happened.

Respected Member
    well pal express had flights from clark and they pulled out ,cebu pacific i think has only one route from there now -yes there are a lot of changes in flights there now

Respected Member
    i booked 2 one way flights ,clark to hkg and hkg -clark with pal express and tiger airways for july ,airphil pulled out -so got change hkg -manila which turns out better -no need travel clark to manila ,tiger changed the flight time to following day so had to rearrange that flight too .so just be aware -even though flights are cheaper from there -doesnt mean it will be any easier then going manila in first place

STA are doing flights to Manila for £399, anyone interested get booking!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    STA are doing flights to Manila for £399, anyone interested get booking!
    Who's that with? The Chinese airlines?

Well Iv finally done it, Flying out on the 8th January, arrive back on the 26th March, I finally chose cost over comfort, I'm flying with Air China with a 5 hour wait in Beijing on the outward flight, and a 1hr 10minute wait in BJ on the return flight, I think I can live with that the cost is £345.

It will be almost 3 years since my last visit to Phills, and I have to say I am looking forward to it, so far I will have a couple of days in Manila, then head down to Davao.

I have it in my mind to travel with a Backpack as opposed to a large suitcase, bcuz thinking back to when I travelled in Palawan by Coach, they have no respect for fancy suitcases when aboard these forms of travel, and I anticipate visiting at least 3 other Islands. Has anyone got any suggestions as to where to visit, I prefer natural Beuty places as opposed to man made features, and what mode of luggage carrier would you suggest?. I'm really looking forward to this visit after not having a great time over the past 6 months, pressures of trying to sell a house, and being told again today that its been broken into again

Trusted Member
    Good price !

Have a great trip mate.

I'll be flying out a few days after you.

Hopefully others can suggest some interesting places to visit.

I'd be inclined to carry only the one bag too. Most stuff is pretty cheap in the Phils if you need to buy more shorts, t-shirts etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry T View Post
    Well Iv finally done it, Flying out on the 8th January, arrive back on the 26th March, I finally chose cost over comfort, I'm flying with Air China with a 5 hour wait in Beijing on the outward flight, and a 1hr 10minute wait in BJ on the return flight, I think I can live with that the cost is £345.

It will be almost 3 years since my last visit to Phills, and I have to say I am looking forward to it, so far I will have a couple of days in Manila, then head down to Davao.

I have it in my mind to travel with a Backpack as opposed to a large suitcase, bcuz thinking back to when I travelled in Palawan by Coach, they have no respect for fancy suitcases when aboard these forms of travel, and I anticipate visiting at least 3 other Islands. Has anyone got any suggestions as to where to visit, I prefer natural Beuty places as opposed to man made features, and what mode of luggage carrier would you suggest?. I'm really looking forward to this visit after not having a great time over the past 6 months, pressures of trying to sell a house, and being told again today that its been broken into again
    Well done Harry, enjoy your plan, enjoy your flight price, enjoy you travelling light and I sincerely hope you have a fantastic time. On your way to Davao try and visit Siquijor and Bohol, you won't regret it. Wish you lots of success on your journey and have a fantastic holiday!

Thanks guys, you know that's whats great about this forum, some great guys on here, always willing to give advice, and pick people up when they are either feeling down, or having a difficult time processing forms etc etc.

Michael I will research Siquijor, Bohol I was there for a few days previously but may just catch up with Fred for a few days, always nice to put a face to a name

Thanks guys, you know that's whats great about this forum, some great guys on here, always willing to give advice, and pick people up when they are either feeling down, or having a difficult time processing forms etc etc.

Michael I will research Siquijor, Bohol I was there for a few days previously but may just catch up with Fred for a few days, always nice to put a face to a name
    Thanks Harry, you certainly won't regret Siquijor

Thanks for the rep Michael, as I was already thinking of Dumaguete, Siquijor is right close to it

Thanks for the rep Michael, as I was already thinking of Dumaguete, Siquijor is right close to it
    Your welcome Harry, Delta Ferry 40 minutes journey

I realised the mistake of bringing over a suitcase when I boarded my first boat in the Phils . I've since found that a 60 litre backpack is ideal for the Philippines for flexibility and holding enough space.

As for places to visit. Taal Volcano is amazing but don't just go to the Picnic Grove. Take a boat across the lake and walk or take a pony up to the viewpoint. Tagaytay is only around 40 miles south of Manila.

Bohol should be an option as there's plenty to see and do here, and Siquijor, like Michael said, is worth a visit, as is Dumaguete.

The most awesome island I've been to though is Kalanggaman Island which is situated between Cebu and Leyte. It's paradise here but there are no hotels but camping is allowed I think if you fancy stopping over.

Singaore Airlines £527 Heathrow to Manila/Cebu/Davao various dates in 2016

Philippine Airlines £481 August to November 2016

Offers end New Years Eve

http://www.pic-uk.com/

STA Travel have flights ex Heathrow to Manila £329 at the moment for those looking for a good price, also plenty of flights from Heathrow to Manila from May onwards at prices between £550 & £595.95 via Singapore Airlines, check them out!

STA Travel have flights ex Heathrow to Manila £329 at the moment for those looking for a good price, also plenty of flights from Heathrow to Manila from May onwards at prices between £550 & £595.95 via Singapore Airlines, check them out!
    Also surprised no one has checked out these prices

Trusted Member
    Checked... but some of us fly from Manchester. The journey is already long enough.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Checked... but some of us fly from Manchester. The journey is already long enough.
    Singapore prices are decent from Manchester Graham, a little cheaper than normal on Singapore website!

Trusted Member
    Thanks Michael. I'll keep them in mind.

Just noticed an interesting deal on PIC.

Return flight to the Phils plus a two night break in Abu Dhabi on the way back in a 3 star hotel £617

http://www.pic-uk.com/holidays-stop-...dhabi-uae.html

Singapore Airlines £481 & Etihad £469

Etihad is from Heathrow to Manila
    Singapore Airlines from Heathrow or Manchester to Manila/Cebu/Davao

http://www.pic-uk.com/

I got a return flight from Birmingham to manila for £456 in Dec 2014 by KLM & china southern

Quote Originally Posted by dunstun365 View Post
    I got a return flight from Birmingham to manila for £456 in Dec 2014 by KLM & china southern
    I did that route with those airlines in November. Cost me £375.

STA have a promotion at the moment 'Next Stop:Philippines' flight prices starting at £299 return, phone No 03333210099 STA are one of the most reputable travel agents in the UK, I will check the details later today

STA have a promotion at the moment 'Next Stop:Philippines' flight prices starting at £299 return, phone No 03333210099 STA are one of the most reputable travel agents in the UK, I will check the details later today
    Have they a website?

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Have they a website?
    Look here for Phils flights:-

http://www.statravel.co.uk/cheap-fli...hilippines.htm

I am actually looking for a bangkok flight at the moment for next month but will probably end up in pinas over the summer,i will check the site ta.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information