Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Respected Member South-east boy's Avatar

Best ways to send a package to Phils?

What have people found the best/quickest/not so expensive way to send a small package to Philippines? Normal Royal mail seems to be taking forever as so far a package I sent before Christmas, it has taken 5 1/2 weeks and a card 6 weeks! I sent a card to Singapore and it only took 1 1/2 weeks! So the normal Royal mail service is out as I need the package to get there before February 14th. Not sure if they do a quicker service? So far the quickest/cheapest way I have found is with Bananadoo shipping company who use DHL etc and that will be £20 for 3-4 days for a small package.

Anyone have any better places/ideas?

Banned
    What weight ? this lot are £40 + for 2 - 5kg using DHL 3/4 day service

http://www.worldwide-parcelservices....parcel-to-asia

Banned

Get a Nameless Pre-paid Card?

I have sent presents etc to Philippines, they take 5+ weeks to arrive, though many never arrive!

The idea I have now is to get an IDT Prime card. It is a pre-loadable Mastercard, with one unique feature! You can put any name on the card you want and any address! So, my idea is to put my fiancee's name and address on the card and then order items from Philippines websites, for delivery to her address.

It may also be a good idea to connect to the internet via a proxy server in the Philippines just to complete the camouflage. Just make sure, though, you order goods from a secure website!

Only about 1kg and most of that weight will be packaging to protect the things!

Give her a nice surprise......Deliver it in person

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by South-east boy View Post
    Only about 1kg and most of that weight will be packaging to protect the things!
    That £20 sounds very good - just be careful as many carriers also take cube into account so make sure you give them accurate weight and measurements.

No prizes for guessing why it has to be there by 14/2 Good luck !

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Give her a nice surprise......Deliver it in person
    If only! But I won't have to wait too long to see her as she's coming here in April!

What have people found the best/quickest/not so expensive way to send a small package to Philippines? Normal Royal mail seems to be taking forever as so far a package I sent before Christmas, it has taken 5 1/2 weeks and a card 6 weeks! I sent a card to Singapore and it only took 1 1/2 weeks! So the normal Royal mail service is out as I need the package to get there before February 14th. Not sure if they do a quicker service? So far the quickest/cheapest way I have found is with Bananadoo shipping company who use DHL etc and that will be £20 for 3-4 days for a small package.

Anyone have any better places/ideas?
    i use royal mail to send things to minie in the philippines and it normally takes around 10 days to get to her. royal mail cliam it will take 5 days to get to the philippines then it depends on the mail service in the philippines. i normally go for the royal mail 'special delivery' service. so someone has to sign for the package. around 1.5kg package is around £22-£25 ish. the cards i have sent to her with royal mail have never gotten there that was using the normal royal mail service.

i sent a parcel with royal mail on the 6th jan they said 5 days when i called they told me it didnt leave london until the 13th so there goes the 5 day delivery service its now the 23rd and its been 17 days from it leave belfast and 10 days from it arrive in manila still no delivery i used the international sign for it cost £11.75 for up to 2kg when i call royal mail they say they only track the parcel until it gets to heathrow but they will get a signiture really depressing stuff.
    jay an zel

just sent some papers to cotabato it took 9 days and cost £77.66p was i robbed it feels like it

Quote Originally Posted by alan/maleiya View Post
    just sent some papers to cotabato it took 9 days and cost £77.66p was i robbed it feels like it
    How much?! That makes my 1kg small box in 3-4 days for £20 seem like a great price! I sent a big box the end of 2009 which only cost a little more than that! But then there was a 6000 pesos customs charge at the other end!

I have sent loads of small packages, gifts, documents etc.
    I have always used DHL
    The cost has never been too much, but the delivery has always been first class, secure and troublefree.
    Our local Staples store has DHL services instore which is very convenient.

Sorry to say, I would never trust the Phils standard mail service. In my experience so far more than 85% has never been delivered and no-trace.
    But I think I know!

U.P.S was the only courier service i could find that would deliver to noth cotabato i will need use them again soon 2 send the papers for my wifes visa does anyone know of a other cheaper option of courier who delivers to that part of the philippines ..... thanks for any help guys

Quote Originally Posted by mikey73 View Post
    the cards i have sent to her with royal mail have never gotten there that was using the normal royal mail service.
    quite pretty common especially if it isn't registered..that to be blame to the bad post office staff in the phils. they normally open the letter if they think it has money inside...happens to me a lot of times...last 2009 my inlaws sent me a birthday card it didnt come to me then christmas came no card and box received though inlaws says they sent loads...so i went to the post office to complaint and told them i would report this matter to the officer after a week all the cards and box handled to me all opened lucky enough they didnt it nathans chocolate coins lol

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gparry2007 View Post
    quite pretty common especially if it isn't registered..that to be blame to the bad post office staff in the phils. they normally open the letter if they think it has money inside...happens to me a lot of times...last 2009 my inlaws sent me a birthday card it didnt come to me then christmas came no card and box received though inlaws says they sent loads...so i went to the post office to complaint and told them i would report this matter to the officer after a week all the cards and box handled to me all opened lucky enough they didnt it nathans chocolate coins lol
    I've heard these stories - a few sackings and jailings for tampering with the mail would deter this practice

ive came to the stage i stopped sending my wife and her family cards as out of the 9 or 10 times ive sent they gt them once so i will only send important papers now by courier so its right 2 her door not through the post office

I think steve c mentioned using interparcel http://www.interparcel.com/
    they have good rates I will be using their services soon to send over some documents
    As life is to live so love is to give

Banned
    This lot might be worth having a look at

https://www.transglobal.org.uk/Default.asp

Quote Originally Posted by gparry2007 View Post
    yeah i stopped sending anything by normal mail and only send minie parcels that has to be signed for. afriad they would have been disappoinnted in the cards i sent as i never put anything intem just incase they go missing. but its still annoying that the cards we send our mahals go missing

I've noticed that Philippines is one of the countries that a lot of companies or sellers on ebay etc won't send too as I guess so many packages go missing! It's surprising that such a large percentage of parcels, cards and letters go missing and nothing is done about it-obviously a load of thieves must work for their postal service!

Banned
    I've noticed that Philippines is one of the countries that a lot of companies or sellers on ebay etc won't send too as I guess so many packages go missing! It's surprising that such a large percentage of parcels, cards and letters go missing and nothing is done about it-obviously a load of thieves must work for their postal service!
    State sponsored Rogue Post Office - to be honest the Royal Mail are taking liberties selling postal services to the Philippines

I have noticed that packages from Asia and the US always seem to reach the recipient in the Phil, but those from the EU are a bit of a gamble
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    I have noticed that packages from Asia and the US always seem to reach the recipient in the Phil, but those from the EU are a bit of a gamble
    That's strange!

I've never had a problem with sending of receiving things from
    Thailand before.

Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    This lot might be worth having a look at

https://www.transglobal.org.uk/Default.asp
    That's who I used the last time.

Annoyingly, it seems that Banandadoo is no more after getting the best quite from them! When I now do a search for them it automatically goes to Postage supermarket who are more expensive! So it looks like Postage supermarket must have bought Bananadoo in the last few days as Bananadoo were still there last week. Cheapest quote is now £27.40 from Transglobal express.

Personally i dont think i would send anything there.
    Sadly my sweet GF is sending a Valentines card, (on its way now??} she is excited about it but i doubt it will reach here!
    A great tip Folks are these online greeting card companies and many are free with some fun music attached, she loves them and are a great help to boost us Chaps brownie points!
    www.123greetings.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbojac View Post
    Personally i dont think i would send anything there.
    Sadly my sweet GF is sending a Valentines card, (on its way now??} she is excited about it but i doubt it will reach here!
    A great tip Folks are these online greeting card companies and many are free with some fun music attached, she loves them and are a great help to boost us Chaps brownie points!
    www.123greetings.com
    Never sent a parcel, but all cards sent have arrived & all sent to me have arrived safely.
    Only one christmas card, my mum sent went missing about a year ago.
    ...Having said all this, the Post Office burnt down recently.

Have used 123greetings a few times.

Hi all, try forex cargo uk. they ship weekly to phils.have sent a small box to davao city and arrived after 8 weeks without trouble. the box contains camera and was recieved a OK and only cost 55GBP.

never sent a parcel but cards get there but take minimum of 2 weeks to get there.

I managed to time it right so she got my card on valentines day, what a result that was.

I normally send Small Stuff (Letters, Cards and Small Packets) via Royal Mail, which I find quite CHEAP .... when you consider the price of a 1st Class Stamp to get a letter just a few miles in the UK !!!
    Delivery time to Dipolog City on Mindanao is usuly around 4 weeks.
    But I got caught out this year as the Valentine Card I sent her ARRIVED TWO WEEKS EARLY ! and so did her Birthday Prezzy (which was a small packet) that I expected to arrive shortly before Feb 19th.

Two years ago I sent her a Laptop Computer via Fedex. That cost me £109 and took FIVE WEEKS to arrive.

(Touching Wood !) I haven't lost any mail to Phil' (YET)
    For me, the Postal Service, while SLOW, is a lot more RELIABLE than the Phone or the Internet !

I posted Easter Eggs yesterday, 400g for £8 with RM to Manila .... I'll let you know when they arrive.
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information