Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access)

CFO: Son from previous relationship

Hello, I'm new here and I've got a question. My girlfriend and I have a relationship since last year and now she's back in The Philippines to arrange the papers and the VISA so that we can live together But I'm worrried about one thing and I hope you can help me.

My girlfriend has one son from a previous relationship but her son is living since his age of 2 years at the parents of my girlfriend. I read at the CFO website that the Counseling Certificate may also be temporary withheld for the reason that the counselee has children from previous relationship(s).

Do I have to worry about this ??? I'm so worried now !
    Can someone advise me please.

I forgot: he is now 10 years old and he's coming with my girlfriend.
    We decide to get in 1 or 2 years from now.

is the father named on her sons birth cert, does he have contact with his father,

he has lived with his gran for the last 8yrs ? possible you could have problems with 'sole responsibility'
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

I don't know if the father is named on her sons birthcertificate. Quick after his birth he has no contact anymore with his father. He is living with the parents of my girlfriends since his he was 2 so 8 years , also when my girlfriend decided to live and work in Manila and as au-pair.

Could it be still a prol'sole responsibility' ? And why ?
    And how they know that ?

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    is the father named on her sons birth cert, does he have contact with his father,

he has lived with his gran for the last 8yrs ? possible you could have problems with 'sole responsibility'

I don't know if the father is named on her sons birth certificate. Since he is 2 years old he is living at the parents of my girlfriend, they take care of him and he is going to school etc. He has no contact anymore with his father after his birth.

I have to make a correction: my girlfriend will get her visa soon to emigrate but her son is not going with us now but we want to get her son over 1 or 2 years with a VISA.

Is this is still a problem ?
    And what is the 'sole responsibility' ?

Thread Information