Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access)

applying for fiance visa

hi im myan and im engaged to a british citizen last april 2010 hes been here twice to visit me. I just wanna know if he really needs to send me post mails..cuz i only got pictures of us together and emails and msn chats.
    how much does he need to prove that he can support me in uk?
    Were plannin to apply for my fiance visa this comin april

please help us i really need your help

thanks-myan

Quote Originally Posted by myan_naym View Post
    hi im myan and im engaged to a british citizen last april 2010 hes been here twice to visit me. I just wanna know if he really needs to send me post mails..cuz i only got pictures of us together and emails and msn chats.
    how much does he need to prove that he can support me in uk?
    Were plannin to apply for my fiance visa this comin april

please help us i really need your help

thanks-myan
    Myan ... to the forum. From reading your introductory post, it seems to me you already have ample proof of your fiance's honourable intentions. Okay, in an ideal world, you'd also be able to communicate by handwritten letters ... but the British Embassy is bound to be aware of how slow the postal service between the Phils and the UK IS and make allowances accordingly. So no worries on that score ... you most likely have plenty accompanying evidence in terms of regular emails, MSN chats and photos of the two of you together.

What he will need to show too, however, is that he is in steady employment, able to provide you with suitable accommodation and support you financially - for the entire period you are in the UK up until the wedding - without becoming reliant on public funds ... since you won't be allowed to undertake work of any kind until after you are married and have been granted 'Further Leave to Remain'.

Should there be anything at all you are not clear about, don't hesitate to ask.

... should've mentioned that the Embassy's Entry Clearance Officers normally expect the 'sponsor' [your fiance] to submit 6 months' worth of bank statements - along with evidence of savings amounting to around £2 ~ £3k (as a rough average). It's also pretty-well imperative that his account ISN'T overdrawn!

hi there and welcome myan, just like arthur says you need all those things, myself and emma did not have any letters just lots of msn talk ,skype and everything else of the computer , we just sent that lot going back about 2 years , but just pick so many pages per week or month, so they can see you are in contact over a lenth of time, good luck

Hi myan_naym, welcome to the forum

As a start please take a look here:-

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....-A-quick-guide

http://www.vfs-uk-ph.com/index.aspx

Your fiance will need to prove adequate accomodation and financial support.
    Financially, and only as a guide, he will need to prove about £103 per week disposable income after all key payments (such as Rent/Mortgage/Council Tax etc)

Lots of threads here on this site to help you.
    Any specific questions just fire away.

hello there...hmm so he dont really need to send me post mails? i got loads of emails and photos of us together and some msn screen shots to prove that we still have communication..
    hes got hes own flat, enough for 2 people and he dont rely on public funds
    he can pay all his bills and i think hes left £110 per week.

my fiance is askin,what if hes parents agree to support me i mean my fiance visa would it be possible?

anyways thank you so much for replyin

hello there steve thank you so much for replyin i might save more msn chats logs and facebook messages as well..thank you hope u can give me more information bout financial statement cuz i think he earns
    £1 ~ £2 per month would it be enough?

hello there arthur hmmm so he dont really need to send me post mails cuz i got loads of emails and photos of us together and some msn chat logs and screen shots..i might print his text messages too.
    hes got his own flat enough to accomodate 2 people...
    he just wanna know..what if hes parents agreed to support my fiance visa would it be possible?

thank you so much for replyin

hi there hes got a small flat enough for two people and he pay all his bills and i think hes left £110 per week..what if hes parents agreed to support my fiance visa would it be possible?
    anyways thanks a lot thanks for helping us

hi there again i just want to ask does he need £2 ~ £3k a month?

thanks a lot -myan

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Hi myan_naym, welcome to the forum

As a start please take a look here:-

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....-A-quick-guide

http://www.vfs-uk-ph.com/index.aspx

Your fiance will need to prove adequate accomodation and financial support.
    Financially, and only as a guide, he will need to prove about £103 per week disposable income after all key payments (such as Rent/Mortgage/Council Tax etc)

Lots of threads here on this site to help you.
    Any specific questions just fire away.

hi again ima bit confused bout bank statements..does my fiance needs to have £2 ~ £3k per month on his bank account?

hi there again i just want to ask does he need £2 ~ £3k a month?

thanks a lot -myan
    As a guide, for a couple only, it would be necessary to provide evidence (bank statements etc) of minimum £103 per week as disposable income after all key/legal payments have been made. (key/legal would include rent/mortgage/council tax etc etc)
    Would not advise sending overdrawn bank details.

Means that the actual salary or earnings is not the important factor, it's how much money is available after those
    necessary payments.

Hope this helps.
    Please do read the links provided and be sure you are able to fully comply with all requirements.
    Don't forget that you will need to supply evidence of English Language. Plenty of threads on here also

my fiance is askin,what if hes parents agree to support me i mean my fiance visa would it be possible?
    3rd party financial support was not allowed until recently, but i dont think its been implemented yet so, i'll say no, dont rely on financial support of a 3rd party

accommondation they could support, but not much point if he has his own place
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Thread Information