Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Muslim Family Complains - Father Christmas is Banned

Father Christmas has been banned from visiting a children's nursery after a Muslim family complained.

For the last four years, Dennis Jackson has donned a beard and red-and-white costume to hand out presents at the St Peter's Head Start Programme in Minnesota.

But this year he was told he wasn't welcome after objections from a Somali family

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz19zk1mwyV

If the US isn't careful they will sink into the same politically correct inclusive cesspit as the UK

who takes notice and acts on one complaint..

I'm surprised they've not objected to the kids singing the national anthem at school every morning

if they dont like it, then they can

http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Here we go again same old **** from some Muslims

Here is an extract from that story:-
    [I]'They’re not respecting the majority,' he said. 'My feeling is [objecting parents] can take their kids out of class for half an hour and let the other kids enjoy it. They should sacrifice, not rule.'

100% I agree with this comment.
    Father Christmas/Santa Claus is a cultural thing anyway. What's to object to?
    Grrrrrr

Banned
    I'm very surprised at this article on two counts

1) I did not think the USA prostrated itself to the religion in question in the same way as we allow them to walk over us

2) I thought all the Somalis not living in Somalia or on the high seas as pirates were in South London

They went over to the States for a better life yet they complain about Father Christmas and don't give a valid reason. You couldn't make it up!

They should be given an ultimatum. Either respect the country your living in and its traditions or get the hell out.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieXXXmaria View Post
    They went over to the States for a better life yet they complain about Father Christmas and don't give a valid reason. You couldn't make it up!

They should be given an ultimatum. Either respect the country your living in and its traditions or get the hell out.
    The old fit in or f_uck off

Quote Originally Posted by jamieXXXmaria View Post

Get out would be my preferred option,sick of pampering to their so called (when it suits them) religious beliefs!

Banned
    Mystery of terror plot suspects luxury flat

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/...-s-luxury-flat

A ROW has erupted over how a man accused of plotting to blow up Big Ben was able to live in a luxury London flat, courtesy of his local council.

Mohammed Chowdhury, 20, mingled with some of Britain’s wealthiest bankers while living in his Ł250,000 home near Canary Wharf in Docklands.

The one-bedroom flat, in the Stanliff House apartment block on the Isle of Dogs, is owned by the Toynbee Housing Association .

The flats are reserved for people on the lengthy housing queue of the East London Borough of Tower Hamlets. Chowdhury is believed to have lived there on a special “social tenant” rent for about a year.

I mis-read your post for a minute, thinking the muslim family had complained, because he was banned.

That is bad.

GREAT to see a thread ... the content of which, EVERYONE ... ... so far [myself included!] AGREES with! Keep it up guys!

I thought all the Somalis not living in Somalia or on the high seas as pirates were in South London
    Sizeable Somali community in Minnesota,a number work as khat chewing HGV drivers

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    GREAT to see a thread ... the content of which, EVERYONE ... ... so far [myself included!] AGREES with! Keep it up guys!
    Don't bank on it the usual suspects haven't shown up yet

dont you get fed up posting this

as if we would all agree with dedworth, arthur
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

I'm glad to be made aware of it and it sickens me to see such a weak stance on things like this

My parents did not bring me into this world to see British values being eroded and our way of life slowly disappear to please an Islamic minority in this country

I would like to bet if one or two on here were alive and able to fight in ww2 they would declare themselves as consciousness objectors

I talk to all ages and rich and poor and without leading them on I ask them what they think about things like this thread.

They are all sickened,they are not racists and they all are sick and tired of things we hold dear and traditions being challenged because of a tiny minority who seem to get their way regularly.

Many think this will come to a head one day and I agree with them,one day people will be pushed to far and the **** will hit the fan

I'm happy for people of all faith's and religions to live here but don't try to change my country and my way of life to suit you.

You adapt and follow our rules as we would have to adapt in your country

do you guys not get fed up talking about the same old

i got bored of it long ago, wheres nigel to spread the happiness

btw i dont like watching grumpy old men or women or read the newspapers daily columnist nonsense, seems to me that many of the masses get taken in by it

Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post
    do you guys not get fed up talking about the same old

i got bored of it long ago, wheres nigel to spread the happiness

btw i dont like watching grumpy old men or women or read the newspapers daily columnist nonsense, seems to me that many of the masses get taken in by it
    Of course we all like good news and I love to read and join in all sorts of threads on here

Never mind we get taken in by it it is often totally accurate and yes it ****** me off,but it does not ruin everything else in my life or make me grumpy

I have been complemented on my friendliness and happiness as a taxi driver hundreds of times and people regularly ask for me to pick them up.

But if their is one thing which annoys me more than anything is this type of post regarding someone from an "ethnic minority" wanting to alter our way of life.

its just one story from 1000's

i have heard about the happy mild mannered taxi driver who's ever so nice..any chance you can give me a lift

Respected Member
    Cricky, must be a slow news day for the Mail. There is no evidence any Somali families specifically complained or that this is the reason they 'banned' Santa. We've had this in the UK loads before. It just sounds like a do gooder taking offence on behalf of someone, as usual. Lots of Muslims take their kids to see Santa and get involved in Christmas. The ones "banning Christmas" are usually liberal lefty do gooders who just don't like Christmas and use the excuse that Muslims might be offended to try and water it down. What we need to do is kick them off our councils and out of government and not scapegoat ordinary Muslims who mostly just want to get on with their lives in peace.
    Last edited by Manila_Paul; 4th January 2011 at 08:22. Reason: ha

Quote Originally Posted by lestaxi1 View Post
    I'm glad to be made aware of it and it sickens me to see such a weak stance on things like this

My parents did not bring me into this world to see British values being eroded and our way of life slowly disappear to please an Islamic minority in this country

I would like to bet if one or two on here were alive and able to fight in ww2 they would declare themselves as consciousness objectors

I talk to all ages and rich and poor and without leading them on I ask them what they think about things like this thread.

They are all sickened,they are not racists and they all are sick and tired of things we hold dear and traditions being challenged because of a tiny minority who seem to get their way regularly.

Many think this will come to a head one day and I agree with them,one day people will be pushed to far and the **** will hit the fan

I'm happy for people of all faith's and religions to live here but don't try to change my country and my way of life to suit you.

You adapt and follow our rules as we would have to adapt in your country
    Um... this is an American story, not British.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sim11UK View Post
    Let's just substitute Western or Traditional for British/American

Quote Originally Posted by Sim11UK View Post
    Don't you think I know that?

Of course it's even worse here! hope everyone has taken their xmas whoops! (litlle coloured lights) down along with your xmas! damn done it again! pine tree

as if we would all agree with dedworth, arthur
    I'm afraid I do on this occasion. Santa Claus IS - and has long-been - an integral part of childhood [here as elsewhere] ... and it is totally inconceivable that such a worthy tradition should be interfered with for the sake of pandering to a minority religious creed that ought to have absolutely no bearing whatsoever on the British lifestyle.

Banned
    I'm afraid I do on this occasion. Santa Claus IS - and has long-been - an integral part of childhood [here as elsewhere] ... and it is totally inconceivable that such a worthy tradition should be interfered with for the sake of pandering to a minority religious creed that ought to have absolutely no bearing whatsoever on the British lifestyle.
    Summed up brilliantly Arthur

bearing whatsoever on the British lifestyle.
    i thought that story was in america

Arthur if the story is accurate then I will also agree with the majority of the posts... We need a serious source of information before we begin lighting the torches and send out the masses on a witch hunt..
    Personally I think someone with ulterior motives is having a laugh with us!!
    That said..If it does turn out to be true perhaps our immigration problems will begin to disperse to the US!!!
    So whats the problem??

Banned
    i thought that story was in america
    He put "here as elsewhere" and as the author of this thread I'd like to say to avoid hair splitting I view the discussion as covering the tampering with age old traditions and values in all Western/Christian societies.

We read earlier the line it's in America not Britain

America ... or - more accurately - USA ... OR Britain ... it's largely immaterial! Same rule applies ... NO country should be expected to alter its age-old national customs to fit-in with the religious beliefs of an extremist minority group!

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    Personally I think *someone with ulterior motives is having a laugh with us!!
    ... and *who might that be, Fred?

... and *who might that be, Fred?
    Watching CNN a lot over here and there have been a lot of Anti Christmas messages in high profile areas in the U.S posted on HUGE signs...Not very popular but not breaking the law either...
    I would have thought it was one of those nutters.. Could be wrong but as the US is full of fruit cakes I would much prefer to see a credible source before I personally make a judgement!
    Do you know of one?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information