Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone can offer me some advice for the best way to proceed.

To give you some background Im 27 and from the UK. I met my gf 18 months ago in the Philippines and we've been engaged for a year now and have a 3 month old son. We have been living a long distance for the past year as I came back to the UK for work. I go out there on average every 3 months to see them and we talk every day. I came on the site over a year ago and asked with my fiance being 19 at the time the advice i was given was to wait until she was 21 for visas. I plan to bring them over when she turns 21 in August next year so I need to set plans in motion and thats why Im here seeking advice.

I want to get married to her but I personally believe marriage is a trap and would prefer not to if possible (this would be the case if she was British citizen anyway). However I feel i have no choice because we wont get a visa otherwise. Although I do trust her, Im super scared of this because Im wealthy and hence bringing quite a lot to the table. At the end of the day, things may look rosy now, but 2,5,10 years down the line things could be very different and although Im not saying that will happen, I would rather not lose half of my accumulated wealth over it if things dont turn out as hoped. Im not looking for advice on whether or not i should be marrying, but the best ways to protect myself when I do.

My thoughts are to get a pre-nup. Has anyone got any information on this? Should I get one in the UK or in Philippines? I plan to get married in the Philippines in Spring.
Are there other types of marriage contract available in the Philippines (or in the UK) that allow for legal partnership with seperation of wealth from the outset (I know this is possible in Switzerland for instance). Any advice would be much appreciated.

My second question surrounds getting the visa for herself and my son. Would it be unwise to apply BEFORE she turns 21? How long does the process take? Do I need to get my son a UK passport?

Im sure I will be on the site regularly over the next few months.

Thankyou for your great work
DAvid