Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by tomboo View Post
    Sitting here happily married and now living in Manila i was just reading some old threads on the cost of marrying a filipina I decided to look through the costs of our wedding. this changed to working out the costs from my first visit here 20 months ago,to the 13 or 14 times i came to visit her through to the wedding and honeymoon.

After a few mins and realising what i had spent over this time i was a little stunned so decided to work on a list of ways she could repay me i was dong well on the jobs list until she looked over the sofa and smiled at me.

At this point i realised that if she billed me for the pleasure ooops i mean happiness she gave me I would be owing a small fortune.

The amazing thing is IF 20 months ago id known what i would have spent over this time i maybe would not have taken the same course of events over this period.

So i guess what im trying to say is theres nothing in life that comes close to being in love and feeling loved by a filipina. Just priceless!!! A Big THANK YOU TO MY WIFE MARIBETH LOVE you more each day
    A very good thread....
    I have similar views to most in that i dont believe you can put a price on finding your true lifes partner and if that partner is a Filipina then so be it.
    Like Graham says ,if it ends painfully then quite a lot having gone through a very expensive divorce 7 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    She actually has too broad a concept of teamwork.
    I need to help her to trim down the team
    like my misses maybe shes doesn't know there is NO I in team

http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post
    Graham You said 'working til death' Nothing wrong with that Graham, thats the way I want to go. Even the good book frowned on idle hands.
    The "good" book
    2510824325_046dc95448.jpg

Trusted Member
    Mr. Aposhark, I'm shocked.

Fortunately our Christian friends usually have a sense of humour...unlike those who prefer the 'other' book of wisdom from which we extract the Michael at our peril.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Mr. Aposhark, I'm shocked.

Fortunately our Christian friends usually have a sense of humour...unlike those who prefer the 'other' book of wisdom from which we extract the Michael at our peril.
    I don't hold back with my views on religion, Graham.

I will defend Muslims if their religion is singularly put down though, as I feel they are unfairly victimised.

To me, all religions are as bad as each other.

I think religion and politics should be private and discussed with like-minded people.

Quote Originally Posted by aposhark View Post
    I don't hold back with my views on religion, .....
    I think religion and politics should be private and discussed with like-minded people.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Terpe, in reponse your "Erm".....
    I would be extremely happy if religion or anything religious was not mentioned on this forum.
    It is just that religious people always want to mention it, so IMO, it cannot be any shock to them if there is a rebuttal.

Trusted Member
    I am now expected to pay to enter York Minster, an official 'house of god'...and they don't even know I'm an atheist.

Banned
    Apo You would be happy if the said subject not to be mentioned on this forum How many times have you started a thread on the said subject. Come to think of it, you are always 1st in there for a reply. Goodness me Apo You talk nonsense. As my mother would say, if you are going to tell big ones You got so have a good memory tsk tsk tsk

isnt this a forum? i thought it is meant to share views, as long as its not blind racism and just an opinion, then there will be people with a view..or maybe the forum is not what i thought, no chat, no debate and everyone shares the same views so no need to comment or reply

i for one enjoy commenting on cultures and religion, having spent several years in saudi, seeing both sides of religion it still intruiges me and i enjoy other peoples views

what if their family asks you for money, surely this put the cost up ?

thankfully it hasnt happened to me, but I have heard stories

Trusted Member
    That's why I'm taking time to find an orphan.

It is something that you need to budget for though, plus regular trips to the Phils.

you cannot count the cost of true love , you either want it or dont , add up what you pay a year a lifetime , if you are with someone that means the world to you and you to them then its worth every penny, it is really frightning if you sat down and looked what you had payed out , most is for this visa and that visa everything else you would be paying for in this country with out our wives , girlfriends, and if anyone asked me was it worth it or is it worth it, YES YES YES would be my answer all the time, so what cost you are asking , the cost of being happy i am saying

if the family ask for money , you have a tonge in your head to ssay yes or no, its beiing sensible and listerning then taking time to think is it what they need, you have to live here and pay here too, that always comes first

asking for money? from time to time i will help with emergencies, but i wont be relied upon to support a family where people are of a working age and could support themselves, its that simple to me and was something i made clear early in our relationship, i work for my living so expect others to do the same, fortunately i dont have that problem

Well said Tommo,otherwise they sit on their asses and wont work gamble and drink,I have seen this many times on my visits to the Phills

marrying a filipina...

if u found the right one it is priceless..
    if u found the wrong one..its a great financial disaster

Hi all,
    Getting back to the basics just what is the amount of money needed nowadays?

It has been suggested a first trip to the Philippines could cost £2,000

If you have 3 trips to hopefully get to know each other, then marry on the 3rd trip that indicates to me a total amount of money required as around £9,000 with £2,000 of that as necessary savings.

Would you think that a starting point?
    Mick.

Trusted Member
    It would probably be cheaper to go for 3 to 6 months rather than multiple trips, if you could spare the time, and so much more enjoyable.

Preferably for the whole of winter, which is also the best time of year for weather in the Phils...slightly cooler, and drier.

Rent a small furnished house or apartment and make yourself at home.
    Much cheaper than hotels.

When I meet my present wife,I spent 3 months there rented a apartment around p10.000 a month, then she came to Australia for 3 months,then another trip for 3 months then got married,then I went back for 1 month,when my wives spouse visa was approved went back for 3 weeks came back to Australia with her,in all its cost me around $10,000 Australian but all worth it.

I get many friends and people I know asking me to get then a Filipino wife,lets be honest if you have no money you are wasting your time,my best friend interested in my wife's sister,but he has bad attitude towards females,that why he never been married at the age of 60.Sure this man is well off but could not recommend to my sister in or any descent Filipino girls.
    I have other people I know who are alcoholics ,have money problems,mental issues , don't work gambling problems etc., so no way am I go to introduce my wife's friends and relations to these people.

Trusted Member
    Didn't know we'd met.

Quote Originally Posted by baby38 View Post
    When I meet my present wife,I spent 3 months there rented a apartment around p10.000 a month, then she came to Australia for 3 months,then another trip for 3 months then got married,then I went back for 1 month,when my wives spouse visa was approved went back for 3 weeks came back to Australia with her,in all its cost me around $10,000 Australian but all worth it.

I get many friends and people I know asking me to get then a Filipino wife,lets be honest if you have no money you are wasting your time,my best friend interested in my wife's sister,but he has bad attitude towards females,that why he never been married at the age of 60.Sure this man is well off but could not recommend to my sister in or any descent Filipino girls.
    I have other people I know who are alcoholics ,have money problems,mental issues , don't work gambling problems etc., so no way am I go to introduce my wife's friends and relations to these people.
    Well he is your best friend so for $1000 i will introduce him to one where they both desrve each other
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

Quote Originally Posted by tomboo View Post
    asking for money? from time to time i will help with emergencies, but i wont be relied upon to support a family where people are of a working age and could support themselves, its that simple to me and was something i made clear early in our relationship, i work for my living so expect others to do the same, fortunately i dont have that problem
    This is very true!!...

Quote Originally Posted by gparry2007 View Post
    marrying a filipina...

if u found the right one it is priceless..
    if u found the wrong one..its a great financial disaster
    HAHAHAHA...great one!!

Trusted Member
    Worth every penny:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information