Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access)

Im getting married soon and need help urgent. Please help

Hello

So i am flying to Davao city on thursday and need help due to some problems. My fiancee has her NCO and i have my Certificate of no impediment from uk which i have had legalised.

I will be getting married on 26th Nov but today my fiancee has found out that the procedure has changed for marriage license We must now wait 15 days for it. thats is ok but still i have a bigger problem.

My CNI has been legalised here in uk, i will arrive in Davao city but we think i may need to go to the Embassy in manila also.

If anyone can help please do.

Also if we do need to go to embassy in Manila, How long will it take ECT

Many Thanks

Andrew

HI andrew yes you will need to go to british embassy manila to exchange your cni then you will need to return to collect it the next day how long do you intend to stay in the phils p.s i got married in the philds on the 27th of september & i waited 10 days to collect my marriage license

Hi Stevie

Thanks for the reply. I will be arriving at Davao on 11th and will be departing on 29th. i will be getting married on 26th Nov.

I have only 5 days before i fly and im starting to get worried about it all becasue everything seems to be going wrong.

I also thought it was 10 days but my fiancée says its 15 days.

Hi Andrew..

If your going to Davao City I can recommend you coming to Cebu and you only need to phone Mrs. Moya Jackson, British Consulate in Cebu for appointment and you only need to wait for 30 minutes maximum then you can get your CNI converted and pay 37 pounds but convert it into pesos which she will round off to 1 pound = 70 pesos. That's what we did with my husband few months back. Here's her address and contact number. It is quiet at her place, and most likely you and your fiance will be the only ones there. Better yet you make a phone call soon for an appointment as she might not be around when you get here.
    Also, I recommend that you get your CENOMAR. You can request through www.e-census.gov.ph, they are requiring it now as there are some foreigners in the past that have been married to filipinas more than once, so now it is a must that you will also get your CENOMAR.

Villa Terrace
    Greenhills Road
    Casuntingan
    Mandaue City
    Cebu
    Tel: (63) (32) 3460 525
    Life as we make it

Quote Originally Posted by andrew2010 View Post
    Hi Stevie

Thanks for the reply. I will be arriving at Davao on 11th and will be departing on 29th. i will be getting married on 26th Nov.
    only 19 days to stay to get married. Just enough to get you to do everything and wait 10 days. It is still the same waiting time, I've asked the civil registrar. Good luck Andrew. I wonder if did steve c took the family planning seminar before he and florsel got married... did you?
    Life as we make it

Hi

As for now i just have a certificate of no impediment which has been legalised in the uk along with my british birth certificate which has also been legalised here in uk.

My Fiance has NCO in davao.

I will be leaving uk to arrive at Davao in 5 days so i dont have long.

Please help

hi purple i didnt do the seminar i paid 300pesos to not have to do it thank god

sure Andrew, can you call later today for your appointment? maybe 9am here in the Philippines the British Consulate here in Cebu and speak to Moya Jackson. That is her number. If you are flying to Davao, you have to come to Cebu for that. Moya needs to see you and your fiance, then you need to show your passport to her. If you like I can accompany you and your fiance to her place. Give my number to your fiance 0921-3630537 I should be back in Cebu by 12th.
    Life as we make it

Quote Originally Posted by stevie c View Post
    hi purple i didnt do the seminar i paid 300pesos to not have to do it thank god
    good thing you did.. me and hubby did not do it.. and god it was so because its like a lecture on human reproductive that needs to be explained to 10-13 years old to avoid unwanted pregnancies.
    Life as we make it

Quote Originally Posted by purple View Post
    good thing you did.. me and hubby did not do it.. and god it was so because its like a lecture on human reproductive that needs to be explained to 10-13 years old to avoid unwanted pregnancies.
    after hearing that im so glad i escaped from having to go through all that

We didn't have to go through all that "clap trap" either ... both of us having been previously widowed and - perhaps more importantly - a bit older than the average couple getting married for possibly the first time.

... I really do wish the authorities in countries like the Phils would desist from putting so many unnnecessary obstacles - such as those seminars, the exchanging of Certificates of No Impediment and the CFO palaver - in the way of people whose [genuine] desire is to spend their lives together.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    We didn't have to go through all that "clap trap" either ... both of us having been previously widowed and - perhaps more importantly - a bit older than the average couple getting married for possibly the first time.

... I really do wish the authorities in countries like the Phils would desist from putting so many unnnecessary obstacles - such as those seminars, the exchanging of Certificates of No Impediment and the CFO palaver - in the way of people whose [genuine] desire is to spend their lives together.
    my thoughts exactly sir arthur

Thread Information