Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

difficulty in applying for my son's passport

British Embassy Mla asks me to go for an interview for my child's passport.They told me that they basically want to find proofs that i am not previously married to my Filipino partner.I had two girls with him and he made a fake wedding certificate during those times which transpired into the girls birth certificate.After that relationship, i got married with my British hubby and had legal documents from nso that i wasnt married before.CRS form no5 which shows that in the indixes of marriage from 1945-2010 only one record appeared.That is my marriage to my british husband.Now im trying to get my son his passport but it appears that they are still not convinced with my documents so im going for an interview.I have some proofs that no marriage has ever existed with my filipino partner before.Would they deny my son's right to passport or it is simply to clarify the legality of my marriage.Im praying so hard as when people who are doing the right thing are always been a victim of those who did false declarations in the past.I love my family and this is the first step to straightening past mistakes including our plan to adopt my two girls.Need advice here.

hello nominaljosh welcome here!!

if u have all the necessary supporting documents to prove the legality of your recent marriage you dont have nothing to worry about,goodluck on your interview
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

nominaljosh

I agree with sars.
    There should be no problem at all with all the correct documents.
    I'm sure you have this information, but just to be sure please look at this:-

CONSULAR BIRTH REGISTRATIONS

A Consular Birth Registration is not a legal requirement, but it is recommended.

Births outside the Philippines will need to be forwarded to the relevant British Embassy post for registering.

The advantages are that

• A British style birth certificate is available as evidence of British nationality
    • A record of the birth will afterwards be held in the General Registry Office in the United Kingdom. Further copies can be obtained from the General Registry Office

 The majority of unsuccessful applications are refused due to the fact that one of the parents of the applicant is STILL married to someone else and has not declared this to us. Please note that we do carry out checks on marriages and this may delay the application.

 If you are unable to provide some of the documents mentioned below or if there are any doubts regarding the application, you may be required to attend an interview and/or require you to do a D.N.A. test to prove the relationship between parents and applicant (child). Please note that we may ask for further documents after your application has been taken in, please do not therefore book any flights until you know for sure that the birth registration will be issued.

Procedures and requirements:

A. For applicants born on/after 1st July 2006 to parents who are married/unmarried where the British citizen father is named on the local birth certificate within a year of the child’s birth, and the mother is NOT married to someone else.

B. For applicants born before 1st July 2006 to parents who are married where the British citizen father is named on the local birth certificate within a year of the child’s birth, and the mother is NOT married to someone else.

COMPULSORY DOCUMENTS
    (Please present ORIGINAL documents and photocopies of each document)

 Complete a Consular Birth Registration form
     Applicant’s birth certificate on NSO (National Statistics Office) Security paper
     Parents’ birth certificates
    British parent: submit full/long UK birth certificate or Birth Registration/Naturalisation certificate
    Philippine born parent: submit NSO birth certificate
     If applicable, parents’ marriage certificate – submit NSO marriage certificate if married in the Philippines and evidence of termination of any previous marriage (divorce decree nisi, annulment)
     CRS Form no 5 - Advisory on Marriages (available from the NSO)
     Submit CENOMAR (Certificate of No Marriage Record) for Philippine citizen parent if not married to the British parent of the applicant
     If parents are not married, mother’s written consent
     If applicable, father’s/mother’s death certificate
     If applicable, birth certificates of all other brothers and sisters (applicant’s siblings)
     Both parents’ passports from around the time of applicant’s birth and conception
     If applicable, current or previous passports held by applicant
     Home Office documents for Philippine nationals who have become British Nationals
     Mother’s antenatal/postnatal/delivery notes, scans and ultrasounds from hospital (from hospital in the UK and in the Philippines), photos of mother pregnant. If unable to obtain original records, please submit copies, which have been attested by the hospital

ADDITIONAL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
    (Please present ORIGINAL documents and photocopies of each document)
    Depending on the age of the applicant we may also ask for school records, local photo identity documents, photographs of the applicant growing up, parents' UK documents (one year before and up to two years after applicant’s birth)

I really find this site very helpful.I am a newbie and im appreciating how people shares their opinion on matters pertaining to this.I have already submitted all the requirements.All i need to prove is that the previous marriage is fake.I signed this marriage certificate in 2003 and my Filipino partner told me that it is a no show civil marriage.I found out later that he was not annulled with his previous marriage not until 2004 so at the time he didnt register ours and falsify it for fear of being sued of civil case of bigamy.I just learned all of his dark side after our first baby.It is also in the Family Code that a non appearance of both parties to a solemnizing officer would mean that the wedding is void from the start. Another strong proof is that i was able to obtain my cenomar thrice which states that i was not married to anyone til 2009.I married my husband Feb 2010 and now I got my crs no 5 and marriage certificate.It is the birth certificates of my two girls that made them question that i was married to my FILIPINO partner and want to clarify that.They called me up for an interview,i hope i will be able to defend my status on Wednesday and hope that finally we can get my son's passport as ive been travelling all the way from Bataan to British embassy.Thanks for your concern TERPE and SARS.

Hi nominal josh.

My situation was somewhat similar as my wifes former filipino partner also obtained fake marriage papers for much the same reasons, including a fake marriage license to show a marriage had happened when in fact it had not.
    The problem for us however was that the marriage, fake or not, had still been registered by him at the NSO in the Phil, and for me to marry my wife we first had to get this record removed from the NSO and the only way to do that was an annullment. it was straighforward under the family code because the marriage license was fake, but still very costly.
    From what you write you are able to get a Cenomar from the NSO that shows that you were never married to your ex. You must have done in order to have married your Brit husband. If you show the Embassy an up to date original of this Cenomar on official NSO paper then in my opinion there can be no problem. Because that is their requirement
    If however your Cenomar shows a record of a previous marriage that has not been annulled, you and your new husband are in a bigamus marriage. If the embassy try to get you to admit to a fake marriage to your ex then simply say "here is my Cenomar I have never been married to him!"

Hi Jenky!Wow I see some light now as your situation is more complex than mine. In fact i obtained several copies of cenomar and crs form no 5 from 1945-2010 and still there is no record there except that of my husband.My Filino partner also has annulment case that time with a previous wife and the decision order was Sept 22,2004 whereas the fake marriage which did not even take place in January 6,2003.In this case there is already discrepancy.He did not register ours for fear of bigamy.Now with all my docs, I am ready to go to the embassy, just hesistant before as they have been asking me for the third time now to go there.Hope i get positive results on Wednesday.Thanks a lot!

nominaljosh
    Just a thought really.
    Did you supply the birth certificates of your other children to the Brit.Embassy at any time ?
    Are those birth certificates in order ? or do they indicate you were married.?

it is indicated there that i was married as the father of my girls gave a fake marriage cert to the hospital.at that time he just want the kids to get his surname but he was still married to another person.so there is a misrepresentation on my kids bc that we will be correcting as soon as we finished isaac's passport.i have the annulment decision order, the fake marriage cert to show to the embassy as well as the recent cenomar dated aug 2010.i hope with that they would really understand what went through.i was planning not to submit the girls bc before but i brought it thinking they might ask me for it and they did.i cant blame them for being cautious, they maybe suspecting that i was married before and did not declare it.one day more and i will go there to try my luck.i have nothing to hide though, it would be a pity if they dont consider me as i didnt really marry that person in the first place.i dont know which other route i should take then if i fail here.

i just wish they would not suggest that i should annotate the bc of my girls before getting my son's passport coz annotation would take long time i guess.i hope they wont ask me to ask a lawyer to change their surnames or correct any misrepresentation as im not really asking for my girls visa or passport.im simply asking for my son's passport.it will be also waste of money and time if i will change the girl's names now.i need to go to court for this.we want to do it later when we are not on a tight budget.we want to adopt our girls later on.really crazy when u get to legal matters and correcting things so HELP ME GOD!

GUYS! I GOT IT finally approved!I am happy my son would finally get his passport in next few weeks.

nominaljosh Congrats, well done.

Quote Originally Posted by nominaljosh View Post
    GUYS! I GOT IT finally approved!I am happy my son would finally get his passport in next few weeks.
    great news
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Respected Member
    Nice one!

Oh brilliant!! Congratulations nominaljosh!!
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Nominaljosh, Well done! You are over it now and in future will remember the stress and sleepless nights of worry that you went through with a strange mix of anxienty and happiness, as many others in this forum have experienced!!!!!

Thank you so much but this forum has helped me a lot.As a rule of thumb you will never go wrong with honesty!I basically told the whole story to the consul, I was teary eyed going back as I have a very sad past relationship.I thank the Lord for giving my hubby to me and it is about time to correct and also annotate my 2 girls birth certificate so they wont have problem coming with us as we travel.Thank you so much to all the beautiful people in this forum.

I had my interview last week and was even worrying about it.Now, i just picked up my son's passport.Twas a pride and joy on my part as I went through the hole of a needle just to get this sorted.I cant believe this thin piece of card would make me feel so happy today.Thank GOd.

Quote Originally Posted by nominaljosh View Post
    I had my interview last week and was even worrying about it.Now, i just picked up my son's passport.Twas a pride and joy on my part as I went through the hole of a needle just to get this sorted.I cant believe this thin piece of card would make me feel so happy today.Thank GOd.
    Very nicely put nominaljosh.

Just be sure you also have all documentations for his Phils citizenship.
    Including RP passport so he can enter Phils as citizen if ever you go travelling

Yes, I will also apply for his Philippine passport real soon.Thank your for reminding me.

So pleased to read your success story, Muningning ... it's truly heartwarming! Congratulations and very best wishes for the future!

Thread Information