Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011
    Rosie you show the true reason and need for family support.
    Mick.

Trusted Member
    Good news Rosie, and you must have made your brother's day also .

Delighted that my nephew and his mum received their British Citizenship this week! I went to the ceremony on Thursday and watched proudly as oaths were taken and their naturalisation certificates were awarded.

What a lovely ceremony it was too with so many different nationalities taking part. I felt so proud to sing our national anthem at the end, especially since I knew the words

It was such a shame that my brother couldn't be there but at least some good has come out of his illness

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosie1958 View Post

What a lovely ceremony it was too with so many different nationalities taking part. I felt so proud to sing our national anthem at the end, especially since I knew the words
    More reasons for you to feel proud, Rosie .

Delighted that my nephew and his mum received their British Citizenship this week! I went to the ceremony on Thursday and watched proudly as oaths were taken and their naturalisation certificates were awarded.

It was such a shame that my brother couldn't be there but at least some good has come out of his illness
    Well done Rosie,
    You must be so proud of what you have helped to happen,
    Its so easy in this day and age to forget that others may need our help because of such a fast life many of us live.
    Some of us forget what it means to become British citizen and seeing the faces of the people going through this and how proud they all look, silly me stood up and clapped when Emma went out and received hers , and like you say it makes you feel proud too.
    Again well done

Trusted Member
    That's very heartening news Rosie. Good luck to them ...and of course, to your brother.

's GREAT news, Rosie ... BOTH for your brother, AND for yourself! No wonder you felt such a strong surge of patriotic pride!

It's been over a year since my last update. My brother's condition this year hasn't seen much change, although he has developed some more compulsive behaviours. He now bites the skin around his nails until it bleeds, so his fingers are often sore and covered in plasters.

I'm hoping to bring over two of his sons from Philippines for a visit next year. The youngest has an expired British passport but we can't find anyone in Philippines who fits the criteria to be the counter-signatory (the suggestion is a British professional who has know the family for more than 2 years). So, I am now going down the route of renewing Filipino passports but that's a joke in itself as the first available appointment is Jan 2018!

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Rosie, it says on the guidelines

• hold a British, Irish or other EU, US, or Commonwealth passport (in that order of preference) which has not run out. We will be able to process applications more quickly where the countersignatory has a British or Irish passport.

If you cannot comply with the countersignatory requirements your application may be delayed. You must provide a full explanation when you get to the ‘Additional information’ section of the online form and we will contact you to agree a way forward.

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...otes_10.16.pdf

-=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    Rosie, it says on the guidelines

• hold a British, Irish or other EU, US, or Commonwealth passport (in that order of preference) which has not run out. We will be able to process applications more quickly where the countersignatory has a British or Irish passport.

If you cannot comply with the countersignatory requirements your application may be delayed. You must provide a full explanation when you get to the ‘Additional information’ section of the online form and we will contact you to agree a way forward.

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...otes_10.16.pdf

Thanks Rayna ........ there isn't anyone known by the family in Philippines that holds one of the passports listed. However, I might call into my local passport office in England for further advice on the potential "way forward". In the meantime, I'm getting the Filipino passports renewed so that we can apply for visitors visas for both boys should we need them.

Rosie..From memory, I did ask HMPO about counter sigs before.. Pretty certain they told me a local judge, lawyer etc will do..

Give them a call and double check that though.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread Information