Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gie View Post
    I am thinking of you at this difficult time and hoping that whatever it is, his family will be reunited here in the UK always be strong
    Gie, I'm so sorry that I didn't respond to your very kind post, thank you so much for your thoughts

It’s my brother’s birthday next week. I’m taking the day off work to take him out for lunch and to spend some quality time with him. I’m the only one who now visits him at the nursing home. There is very little change, although he does occasionally come out with a little gem, remembering something tucked away in the past. I was very touched last weekend to hear him softly singing away to a track by the Stylists, he remembered quite a lot of the words, bless him.

After nearly 4 years since becoming seriously ill in the Philippines and being repatriate back to UK, his partner has (understandably) now moved on and no longer visits. He has three sons in Philippines who are desperate to visit him but can’t, and one in this country who no longer visits.

The moral of this story ………. PLEASE don’t cut yourself off from your family, you never know when you might need them and they might be all you have left if things go horribly wrong

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosie1958 View Post
    Gie, I'm so sorry that I didn't respond to your very kind post, thank you so much for your thoughts

It’s my brother’s birthday next week. I’m taking the day off work to take him out for lunch and to spend some quality time with him. I’m the only one who now visits him at the nursing home. There is very little change, although he does occasionally come out with a little gem, remembering something tucked away in the past. I was very touched last weekend to hear him softly singing away to a track by the Stylists, he remembered quite a lot of the words, bless him.

After nearly 4 years since becoming seriously ill in the Philippines and being repatriate back to UK, his partner has (understandably) now moved on and no longer visits. He has three sons in Philippines who are desperate to visit him but can’t, and one in this country who no longer visits.

The moral of this story ………. PLEASE don’t cut yourself off from your family, you never know when you might need them and they might be all you have left if things go horribly wrong
    Thanks for the update regarding your brother Rosie, you certainly are a amazing and wonderful person with unlimited emotional strength and loyalty, just wish there were more people in the world like you!

Trusted Member

You and your posts are an inspiration, Rosie, best wishes as always

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Alan View Post
    You and your posts are an inspiration, Rosie, best wishes as always
    Thank you Doc Alan, and also for your continued support

Thanks Fred and Admin for the rep.

I have driven the 80 mile round trip to visit my brother every week, since he arrived back here in UK in 2010. Family is so important to me and I value what very little left, especially my younger brother. He has been good to me in the past and despite living abroad for 25 years, our bond has always remained close.

God bless him
    Your brother is very blessed to have you. I hope he's able to recognise that it's his birthday so you can celebrate the special day with him, body and mind. God bless you both, and congrats on the silver star!

Quote Originally Posted by dontpushme View Post
    Your brother is very blessed to have you. I hope he's able to recognise that it's his birthday so you can celebrate the special day with him, body and mind. God bless you both, and congrats on the silver star!
    Thank you so much dontpushme, my brother does know it's his birthday soon but he doesn't remember how old he is. Bizzarely, he does remember how old I am and that there is three and a half year age gap between us, but his brain does not compute .......

Thread Information