Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Congrats Rosie! Hoping for your brother's fast recovery! Keep updating us, i'm sure people here would want to know his progress.

great news, I'm sure the embassy has shown it can be compassionate
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Trusted Member
    Just read your post Rosie, very pleased for you .

Thank you Rayna, Joe Blogs and Doc Alan.

I have nothing but good words to say about the British Embassy in Manila. The staff on the VFS Helpline at UK VAC have been very polite and helpful, to my delight the visa applications were turned around very quickly and the Consular department have been wonderfully supportive and caring. They are a credit to the organisation and I am so glad that I have one less thing to worry about

Excellent news all round, Rosie ... indeed, this is one instance that shows officialdom at the much-maligned British Embassy in an extremely favourable light!

Good news
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Rosie.. Your brother is very lucky to have a sister like you. Well done!!
    Regards,
    Fred.

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    Rosie.. Your brother is very lucky to have a sister like you. Well done!!
    Really great news Rosie.
    Well done, you worked so hard to cover all the angles despite the stress and emotional upheaval. More power to you as you bring to a conclusion here in UK. God Bless

congrats rosie

a job very well done!!!! hope everything will go on smoothly until you reunite with your brother and his family in the uk

congratulations rosie

Can I adopt you as a sister?
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

well done rosie, so pleased to hear the great news and may i say well done to everyone who has helped rosie with advice , god bless you all

good news and well done RosieCongrats!!
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

As others have said, it is so good to see your problems are reducing
    Mick.

As others have said what a tremendous Sister you have been I know when it happens we just get on with it but your resourcefulness and commitment to your Brother has been all he could wish for im sure.

Rosie Im sure you have been working flat out to sort out this problem and of course still have many headaches in the future. Please make sure you take it steady and ensure your ok.

If you have not done already Please consider getting your Husbands partner in contact with the wonderful Women on this site to help her and of course you Having Tagalog speakers when its night time in phill will of course be so important as im sure she is having a tough time as you all are.

I'm sorry i have been so busy recently I have not kept abreast of your thread due to lack of time on here. i didn't realise you were transferring large sums via bank account. Have you contacted PNB a large Phill bank who are also a remittance company here in the UK. They maybe able to once they get your details to assist you to remit large amounts to phill which you may find if the exchange rate better plus fees is cheaper far more cheaper.
    Appolgies if your already aware or its not suitable. The website link is here http://www.pnbeurope.com/
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

Arthur little, Steve.r, Fred, Rani, Mikey73 Steve Wool, Sars, Mickcant and Somebody ..... thank you ALL so much!!

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    Can I adopt you as a sister?
    Keith, yes you can, if you agree to give me half your pocket money and an ice cream every week!

Quote Originally Posted by somebody View Post
    ....... Please consider getting your brother's partner in contact with the wonderful Women on this site to help her and of course you Having Tagalog speakers when its night time in phill will of course be so important as im sure she is having a tough time as you all are........... i didn't realise you were transferring large sums via bank account. Have you contacted PNB a large Phill bank who are also a remittance company here in the UK. They maybe able to once they get your details to assist you to remit large amounts to phill which you may find if the exchange rate better plus fees is cheaper far more cheaper. /[/URL]
    I adore my brother and would do anything for him. Fortunately, I am a quite a strong character but have to admit that the sheer extent of everything does seem so overwhelming sometimes. My brother’s Filipina partner is such a sweet, lovely girl and she is finding it very tough as her whole world has collapsed and she has had to leave her home in Malaysia for good. As I have said to her before, we are a partnership, I am there for her too and we will do this together. I’ve told her about this Forum and I am sure that when she comes to live with me for a while, she will definitely be on here too. We have quite a lot of Filipinas in my area as there is a hospital close by and I have recently found a second cousin who is also married to a Filipina in the area, so I will be taking my sister-in-law along to meet her (and her filipina friends) at some stage. I think that we have now sorted the bank account through HSBC, thank you.

Unfortunately, the referral/ transfer to the UK hospital didn’t go as smoothly today (Saturday) as I had hoped. Our Filipino consultant was given the run around by the UK hospital and someone told him that it should be the repatriation company contacting them rather than him. I have previously been told by the same hospital on two occasions that the first step is a discussion Consultant to Consultant to agree the referral and this was confirmed to me by them again this afternoon. The repatriation company can’t do anything until a UK consultant accepts my brother’s case. I will assume that our Filipino consultant was passed to the wrong person (probably the cleaner as NHS hospitals in the UK only have a skeleton staff over the weekend!) and I hope that he will try again with more success on Monday.

Respected Member
    hi rosie. its good to hear you have got things sorted, in a very hard situaction. you are a diomand, and your brother is very lucky to have a sister like you.. all the best for the future..

It's been a week since receiving notification about the approval of settlement visas and I am now VERY relieved to let you know that the hospital in the UK has agreed today to accept my brother for treatment!!!

The repatriation company is now contacting the airlines for medical clearance, which I am told could take up to 7 to 10 working days but at least we are one step closer again this week to getting my brother back to the UK

After such a slow start to the week, I'm sure everyone concerned will pull out all stops to expedite your brother's repatriation, Rosie. Your relief is almost tangible ... especially to those of us who have shared your story and been following his progress from the outset.

Hopefully, his transfer to the hospital in the UK will do much to hasten his full recovery. In the meantime, please continue to update us on the latest developments ... take care and God Bless.

Great news Rosie.
    As Arthur has said please continue to update us.
    You will always have support here if needed.

Thank you Arthur and Terpe.

Progress has been slow again this week. We are now waiting for MORE visas to be granted ........ for the doctor and nurse that will be accompanying my brother. However, provisional flights have now been booked for next week so fingers crossed the repatriation will happen very soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie1958 View Post
    Thank you Arthur and Terpe.

Progress has been slow again this week. We are now waiting for MORE visas to be granted ........ for the doctor and nurse that will be accompanying my brother. However, provisional flights have now been booked for next week so fingers crossed the repatriation will happen very soon!
    That is very good news Rosie.
    Another step forward, even though it may seem slow.
    How is the condition of your brother now??

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    That is very good news Rosie.
    Another step forward, even though it may seem slow.
    How is the condition of your brother now??
    Thanks Terpe. My brother continues to have good days and bad days. On a good day, he is now able to say a couple of words together, is able to wink, smile and thumbs up
    On a bad day, he is very frustrated, screams, shouts and is uncommunicative. He is still unable to feed himself or walk and becomes very distressed at the slightest bit of discomfort ........ like being shaved. It's going to be a very long haul ..........

Thanks Rosie for the updates.
    I so glad to hear that there is some positive progress.
    Hopefully it won't be too long before the good days far outnumber the bad days.
    As you say it may be 'long haul' but at least he will be surrounded by a loving family.

Trusted Member
    We haven't forgotten you Rosie, thanks for keeping us informed, and also bothering to contribute other posts while you're obviously so busy.

Respected Member
    Your in all of our prayers Rosie.

I cant believe how strong you have been and how you continued to leave quality postings on here. You should be proud of yourself, We all get to see our own true character in adversity, well done you

Thank you Terpe, Doc Alan, RickyR and also to Tomboo for your very kind words. I don't sleep much these days so find myself logging on for a bit of light relief and to take my mind off things. This is such a nice little community and I'm really glad that I found the website

I am so relieved to tell you all that my brother and his family flew in to the UK yesterday! He was immediately transferred to hospital by ambulance where he was seen in Accident and Emergency before being sent for an MRI scan. The filipino medical team accompanying my brother were so impressed by the A&E department. They were given a guided tour of the facilities by the British nursing staff, which I thought was lovely of them since it was quite busy.

My brother was very poorly and so lethargic that he was transferred to Neurology Critical Care last night. I spent this afternoon with him and he is now stable enough to be transferred and is waiting for a bed to become available. I was delighted to find that he is now able to hold short conversations, which is absolutely wonderful!

The consultant has confirmed the diagnosis and it's going to be a long haul but at least my brother is now here and I will be able to help him and his family every step of the way.

Thank you so much to everyone who has taken an interest, it's very much appreciated.

well done Rosie, we are so pleased for you and your family, remember you have to have a little time for you too, so you can be strong for your brother and his family, again well done

Thread Information