Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

So Far So Good...

Hi all!

Just wanted to give a small update.

It's been a few weeks now, since I met my friend online. We have moved our chats from MSN to YM so we can voice talk. We are talking more often than before. I say more often, we are talking very much daily now.

We have now certainly formed a commitment to meet early next year outside the Phillipines. If all goes well we will meet again a few months later in her home country. If I do not stay at her house while in the Phillipines, it seems she will want to stay with me at a hotel near her family home, even though I said this would not be required of her.

We are both quite excited about our eventual meeting, but I try to be as realistic as possible. We have not met yet in real life and sometimes people are different offline to how they appear online. That said, we have held some long voice talk conversations on YM and I am confident we are going to have no problems with the transition from online to offline.

I am now looking to learn some Tagalog and am now able to say "magadang araw", "oo", "hindi" and "salamat po". I expect to be fluent within 3 months - joking of course

Will update further in this thread later, providing it is not locked.

It certainly SEEMS very promising for you both!! I wish you well ... and look forward to your further updates.

Thanks Arthur

Hopefully things will work out fine, but only time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayumbar View Post
    Thanks Arthur

Hopefully things will work out fine, but only time will tell.
    I'm sure they will! In many respects your story reminds me of my own. And here I am ... almost two years down the line, and happily married. Again, all the very best to you, Ayum.

good luck
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

all the best!

goodluck and all the best

Respected Member
    All the best with your relationship. Can I ask why you have decided to meet outside the philippines?

im happy for you ayumbar.. hoping that everything will be ok for both of you when u meet each other in person... goodluck!!!

good luck ayum i & wish you all the best with you new relationships

be lucky

Hi all!

A big thank you for your wishes.

RickyR - In relation to your question, she currently lives outside of the Phillipines. For this reason,I will goto meet her where she is working. Also her parents live abroad with her also, so I will get to meet then on the intial visit. If things go well, we will then meet again in Phillipines a few months later.

Will update soon! Thanks again

Ayum

Respected Member
    Sounds great, sorry for being nosy.

hehe no problem

Respected Member

meeting outside the PH

Quote Originally Posted by RickyR View Post
    All the best with your relationship. Can I ask why you have decided to meet outside the philippines?
    @ rickyR - i heard from some lady friends, it's better to meet on a common ground.

@ ayumbar - i had anxiety attacks when i first met my boyfriend. he said i was so nervous, my lips was so dry, kept crossing my hands in front of me and was quiet the first few hours (even after knowing each other for 9 months and been chatting almost 3-6-9 hours everyday!). then i loosen up. later on he said, "I felt comfortable with you the moment I saw you. I knew we were meant to be when I felt that."

just expect the worst and hope for the best. if the chemistry is there, let it guide you.

goodluck to you both.
    Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end.

Whatever is meant to be will always find its way.

Respected Member
    Hi Ayumbar,

Good luck with your plans. It takes two to tango. We wish you all the best and to work it out so right. Its good to hear stories that keeps doing good and as far they can go...and lead to something special in the end.

Mabuhay!

Hi ghee101 and febmary, thank you for your wishes and advice.

ghee101 - In the pat I have typically gone into such meetings adopting the idea that it is best to assume the worst and anything else is a bonus.

For the first trip, it appears my friend lives a few hours drive away from the nearest international airport. She can drive and has offered to pick me up at the airport, then take me to my hotel. This I admit seems very appealing and of course I'd give her the petrol money. While with my friend I do not have any safety concerns, I think it is something I need to think about a little more. Considering the idea that she'd be travelling a few hours just to collect me, I'm not sure if I'm as keen on the idea as I first thought I was.

In the past I have always subscribed myself to the idea that the individual should make their own way to the town/city location where the initial meeting was to take place. The exception being the previous lady I met in another country. She met me at the airport and we took a bus from the airport direct to the city - in fairness we had been talking for at least 3-5 years online previously. I guess talking for 3-5 years is no gold standard certification of safety, but it helps reduce the risk somewhat.

Anyway the trip will not be until February, there is plenty of time to go yet

Ayum

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    good to hear your positive attitude in meeting your girl. better to take the risk than not.

Hi all!

In the end, there were one or two things I was a little uncomfortable with regarding the potential meetings. We agreed from this that it was not then worth meeting, whoever we remain friends.

I have since joined a dating website. Where I have had a few genuine profiles, but also had the scammers send me to adult web cam sites and a website called hotwinkers. I have had two people send me that link and so I assume theyare also scammers.

In January, I will be meeting a Brazilian in Lisbon. If all goes well, then great, otherwise I will stay longer on the dating site. Hoping to find some more genuine people lol

Hi Ayum
    Finding a genuine partner seems so daunting in the early stages
    Mick.

Trusted Member
    I'm snowed under with enquiries over on the dating sites.

Must change my profile pic from Robbie Williams.

On Yahoo Messenger I usually end up excusing myself because I can't type fast enough !
    Keep meaning to work out how to use the mike with the webcam.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Keep meaning to work out how to use mike with the webcam.
    They say 2's company, 3's a crowd............ who the hell is Mike..... your translator ????
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Trusted Member
    THE mike.

Ayum ... things didn't work out as you [and we ] had hoped ... but better happening now than further down the line. Goodluck with your trip to Lisbon next month. Have faith, though ... you will find 'Ms Right' eventually!

Thread Information