Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: flights

flights

hi there , just trying to book emmas flights , she wants me to book from this end, so hard any advice welcome , looking at manila to manchester, with etihad through crystal travel but they want a copy of my cridit debit card and copy of my passport too, is this right????? any other ways of booking the flight

Banned
    Go into a travel agent in the 'high street', like the old days.
    Tell then the prices you have been quoted so far, they will more than likely ask you the airline you have been quoted on, they will try to beat it. They are bound to have agents working for them so, you never know, it could be cheaper

Banned
    I know I wouldn't be emailing copies of my debit card. I have never heard of that before.

I may be wrong, it could be OK. Lets hope someone with experince on the forum can help you

tried it but no go thomas cook, and co op says its better to book in the country from when you are flying from and say one way they look at you like your a ghost, must be somewhere

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    hi there , just trying to book emmas flights , she wants me to book from this end, so hard any advice welcome , looking at manila to manchester, with etihad through crystal travel but they want a copy of my cridit debit card and copy of my passport too, is this right????? any other ways of booking the flight
    Steve, I used to book with 'dial a flight' You call them up and they send details to you via email.
    I was never asked for copies of passport and debit card.
    There number is 02082601106.
    Again, tell them what you have been quoted so far.
    Good luck

cheers mate try tomorow

Respected Member
    Quite a few travel agents have this requirement, and Crystal Travel introduced it about a year ago. You may find the flights through expedia or opodo at a fairly similar price and they won't require that. Occasionally if you book with the airline using a different credit card, the airline will require the traveller to hold a photocopy of your card and passport to prove that its not a fraudulent booking.

As for e-mailing credit card details, I did that to a Qatar Airways service desk in Doha for special meet/greet services on a card I'd never used before, and had fraudulent transactions on it a week later!!! (The bank repayed me them, and despite me suggestion they investigate they said it's not worth the time for them).

I used travelpack, Because the name is different on the card to the ticket they have to clear it, I emailed them permission to charge my card (debit) and emailed them a scan copy of my passport (the photo page) because you are purchasing a ticket from a destination outside of your location it will usally cost more as they charge in the local currency or charge a fee for the currency exchange

Not sure if this is any help, but I got a ticket for my Mahal to fly back to Phils from Singapore on Tiger Airways. I just had to give 'her' details for the ticket, but just paid on my CC no problem. So, why not contact the airline direct once you have found some prices.

When bringing my in-laws over we always used travel agents in Manila and never had a problem. It was always a bit of a head ache trying to do it from here and expensive. The last time, a couple of years ago, we went to the airline direct and they picked the ticket up at the airport. Hope it helps

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    yes that's right you have to send the details of your credit card and your ID to them and to your wife aswell because you are not travelling with your wife so they will ask who's paying her ticket, they will ask that when your wife in checking in.
    all things are possible!

Why don't you just get her to buy her ticket from Philippines? its easier and probably cheaper as well. That's what i did, I went direct to the airline office because its cheaper than buying from travel agent and i didn't need to pay airport tax because its included in the ticket, if you buy it from Philippines.

Tonet is right, i've done it too. Much cheaper!

my husband tried to book my flight online but its way expensive than to book flight direct to the airline company office manila...fast and easy as well.

thanks for all your help and advice , we have booked flying manila to manchester july 31 etihad £235

fooled ya all £474 i am pleased with that and its what i flown with so emma is pleased too

Newbie (Restricted Access)

Thumbs up Tony ( new user)

You should never photocopy your credit card details and send them to someone. Your credit card has other details like your bank sort code and your account number. these can be used for duplicating your credit card.for use on-line.
    All that they would need would be your long 16 digit number on your card, and your full name as written on the card .
    Go through a secure website like paypal , or just send a cheque(takes longer but is safer)
    good luck
    Tony

hi there tony , you are right i would never go down that line any way , like i said we have booked the flights now just sending a bank transfer , and welcome to this site hope you find it intresting

Thread Information