Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Banned

Do Filipinas have hen nights?

I just had the displeasure of seeing some pics of a good old fashioned English hen do on facebook, orange faced overweight ladies grappling over a half naked fireman. Just wondering if Filipinas have a hen night before getting married and if so what do they do?

Eat chickens feet of course
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

Respected Member maria_and_matt's Avatar
    yes we do we call it despidada de soltera and tbh i cannot remember what we did, it was such a ong time ago
    God grant me the serenity to accept the things i cannot change, the courage to change the things i can and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those people i had to kill because they pissed me off.

The Wife and her friends at a friends recent one and from memory other ones seem to just involve a lot of food, loads of malbro lights, a small amout of booze and a lot of gossiping I guess as they are so far spread accross the world and Phill (most passed though Manila airport on the way to)
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    some would go their way to get a male stripper for the bride..purely for fun though and nothing more than a strip show..like what we did for my bestfriend (only that her mom attended the bridal shower, which none of us thought she'd actually arrive, so a bit embarrassing for her! haha )...but usually, the despedida de soltera just involves games about the bride, lots of food, some drinks, chitchats with friends, and videoke...
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    some would go their way to get a male stripper for the bride..purely for fun though and nothing more than a strip show..like what we did for my bestfriend (only that her mom attended the bridal shower, which none of us thought she'd actually arrive, so a bit embarrassing for her! haha )...but usually, the despedida de soltera just involves games about the bride, lots of food, some drinks, chitchats with friends, and videoke...
    I thought videoka might came into play

yeah pinays do have hen nights but its not like here that goes out in town and get sooo drunk,.
    Its usually in a hotel room, or in a house with drink, foods and a lot of chit chat, we also give naughty presents, like lingerie, perfume, to be used on first night etc. and sometimes there are male stripper but i have never seen one myself heheh.
    It was cute, someone i know had her hen night and we present her a cake with 2 boiled egg and a banana in the middle it looked like this (without the tongue) and she had to bite it as far as she can go hahaha...

Banned
    my girl doesnt drink, we are gettin married this week and i know that most definatly she wont have a hen do

Banned
    good question triple, by the way nice to meet you

Banned
    do a lot of filipinas drink? or is it just the younger generation?

do filipinas have ann summers nights?
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post
    uhmm... not that i know of bab...maybe for the wild ones...
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sensi* View Post
    do a lot of filipinas drink? or is it just the younger generation?
    good to meet you too Sensi My gf rarely driinks, and if she does its only a few.

i used to handle banquet sales when i was working in a hotel and yeah one of the easiest to organize is ( despidida de soltera) basically becoz soon-to-be-bride and her frends,bring their own ideas , their own kink cakes,wines,gifts (even the ex of the bride wrapped in a big box and get him dance for them before the party ends)...and we just have to charge them for the foods,rent of place like the poolside/videoke room.
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Quote Originally Posted by sars_notd_virus View Post
    ... (even the ex of the bride wrapped in a big box and get him dance for them before the party ends)...
    now that's really something!
    -=rayna.keith=-

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    now that's really something!
    careless whisper h.kho
    gives you idea for your despidida de soltera rayna girl?

Banned
    Yes! I remember when my friends in Holland set for a hen night for me and they call it "for the girls only" we were about 20 and they're all married but no husband allowed to join the party.
    We had a party and there was one stripper.
    What a happy party!

Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post
    ... YOUR post reminds me of just how much I - as an - (DON'T) know about these things!! Never been sure whether it's Ann Summers or Ann Somers!

I DO believe it's SUMMER [weatherwise] more or less all year round in the Philippines, though; feel free to correct me if I'm wrong ... Penny, Rayna, Mari et al.

Quote Originally Posted by sars_notd_virus View Post
    careless whisper h.kho
    gives you idea for your despidida de soltera rayna girl?
    Nooooooooo!!! no exes on my bridal shower please!!!!
    -=rayna.keith=-

Okkkkkk rayna girl calm down.... Noooo to x's ,y's and z'sss:xxgrinning--00
    am sure theres a lot new ideas which you and your friends will find to have your b.shower memorable

Banned
    I did once mention a hen night to Jane and she thought it was about ringing there necks

Respected Member
    My friend's wife had a hen night and by what information we got, it sounded more debauched than our stag night! The group was half filipinas and half western girls. Apparently, they went out in Quezon City visiting various transvestite show bars and gigolo clubs!

The rumoured activities included getting up on stage with the performers, lots of drinking, groping and "skiing"....

Sounds like they had a good night.... they even got back later than we did!

Thread Information