Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    You just gave yourself away RAZ you plonker... already BANNED you once today you moron
    Busy today...???

Respected Member South-east boy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyR View Post
    OK, I don't really understand everything Ras says, seems a bit gibberish, but nevermind. Anyway to try and approach his original subject. I asked the same question when I first joined, and having been a member for a while I think i've started to understand the situation a bit more.
    I personally am a younger guy, and have an older missus from the Philippines ( 8 years older). We're happy, we met the conventional way, flirting, dating and so on and despite the age difference it works for us. I personally find the younger Filipina's, whilst nice, too immature.
    Now as for the older guy, filipina girl situation. I don't think a lot of the men go out particularly looking for a younger woman. I think it's more a supply and demand situation. A lot of the relationships start via the internet, and the dating sites tend to attract older guys. Younger guys really have very little reason to go looking abroad for women, when it's so easy to pick someone up in a nightclub.

The older guys, often are divorced, and are looking for a particular kind of relationship and seem to be drawn for there own reasons to looking through Filipina Dating websites. I really don't think they go looking for someone younger, it's something that just happens because a lot of the women on the dating websites are younger. It's an innocent situation, and I really don't believe their is an
    malice or perverted intentions in these website (or if it is, its a minority). Age is only a barrier if you choose to make it a barrier.

A lot of the Filipina's go onto these websites looking for a better life, and I don't think that those people are too bothered about the age of the person. The girls in the Philippines that are bothered, I very much doubt would take the time to seriously register with the dating websites.

Now as for the Philippines itself, and many S.E Asian countries, they do attract their fair share of perverts, who probably wouldn't survive living the same life in the UK. As for these, they are generally pretty different people to those that post on this website (well, thats the opinion i've formed over time). They stand out like a sore thumb in these places, and I think you're less likely to notice the younger guys with the Filipinas because of that.
    I agree with that, good post. While the age of someone that I've been looking for has been ideally late 20's to late 30's, I have had quite a few messages from girls as young as 18. The most common age of girls on one of the websites is 22-23. There is nowhere near as many girls on the sites aged 30+. I guess both of those facts are as mostly Filipinas tend to marry younger than they do here (I guess like it used to be like in UK in years past) and also a lot if women here concentrate on their careers first and as we know that isn't easy for a lot of Filipinas because of the high unemployment/difficulty in finding jobs there.

I do think that relationships between Filipinas aged 25+ and older guys will have less problems than younger Filipinas in their late teens/early 20's and a guy with the same age difference, mainly due to their immaturity and inexperience in life and relationships. Of course everyone is different and some girls in their late teens are very responsible and mature for their age.

I guess a lot of people here can't understand and have certain opinions as in general the age difference here is the same age to just a few years older, so something that is different seems strange to them. The guy being younger than the woman tends to work better as women in general prefer a guy who is a bit more mature and wordly-wise as guys mostly mature later. Also if you meet when you're a bit older and want kids, it works better with the guy being older too.

I have found that now I'm over 40 with British women on dating sites, I rarely have any interest from any younger than late 30's and a lot of them already have kids & don't want anymore. I even see that with women in their late 20's and early 30's.

I think marriages for us with Filipinas stand a better chance or working as they in general they are less demanding and not so bothered with certain material things. But mainly though, they work harder at the marriage & family life where a lot of British women will through in the towel during a problem period or start to see someone else. Of course there are guys who are just the same! It's sad to see so many broken homes nowadays compared to the past and it makes you wonder if some of the relationships could have been saved with a bit more effort in making it work and trying to sort out what the problems were.

I shall end this essay now!

... well ... that was certainly a "clean-sweep" since I last logged on ... less than 12 hours ago!!

Quote Originally Posted by South-east boy View Post
    ! It's sad to see so many broken homes nowadays compared to the past and it makes you wonder if some of the realationships could have been saved with a bit more effort in making it work.
    maybe these days people will not just put up with the and get out,,
    1 in 3 marriages might end in divorce, but many of them are happliy remarried, even some to the same partner
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

wow one of the best reading so far so many lafs?? thats my london talk , my emma is 34 and i am 51 and we are so happy

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    wow one of the best reading so far so many lafs?? thats my london talk , my emma is 34 and i am 51 and we are so happy

thats all that matters, anyone doesn't like it, its their problem not yours
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Banned
    I don't agree this sort of chat is a 'London thing' unless you are from the West Indies where I did remember young boys on the beach selling cans of lilt and grass.
    it's as silly as wearing one's jeans below one's ass.
    Just my thoughts

the more you read the more you laugh yep the jeans thing, i did it once and my kids said its stupid, which it was really

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    the more you read the more you laugh yep the jeans thing, i did it once and my kids said its stupid, which it was really
    I confess, my wife got me to try it and I must say didn't look too bad, the thing was you couldn't do anything without them falling down, so doing jobs around the house, washing the car was out of the question.

I did forget to reiterate what Kieth said. This forum is read all over the world mostly in PH and UK so using simple English makes common sence for everyone

Banned
    True South east boy, My Mum and Dad were married 63years and most of them were unhappy for my Mum but, there was 6 of us kids and she stood by us all.
    It wasn't until my Dad retired that things changed for the better for her. Was she right or wrong to stay all those unhappy years, me thinks not ( oh sorry this london talk is rubbing off).
    Dad was a good man, he didn't beat any of us but, he did drink, gamble and liked the women.
    I do remember one night while 'Family at war' was on the TV and Mum found at packet of butterscotch angel delight. It was shared between 5 of us because Dawn, my sister was watching 'That'll be the day' with David Essex at the pictures and Dad was sowing his seeds...oh happy days
    We all loved him anywayz

have to agree with you here SE boy
    for a guy in his 40's i think a late 20's early 30's filipino lady is a far better bet than a younger girl for a successful relationship- the only difficulty could be kids etc depending on each individuals point of view

i guess mine and myrnas case is a bit unusual in that me at 44 and Myrna at 31 are both without kids so we can start our married life without prior baggage ( i know kids aint baggage but you know what i mean )- well start our married life when the bleeding embassy get thier finger out and sort her visa

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    that is true
    where r you now ?
    I think I am 'guilty as charged' as well. I don't post as much as I used to but I do read the postings but then that doesn't count as being helpful. I do apologise for that but it isn't so easy having two jobs , doing Uni and being a full-time wife. Sorry guys
    The bravest thing that men do is love women--Mort Sahl

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sparky View Post
    have to agree with you here SE boy
    for a guy in his 40's i think a late 20's early 30's filipino lady is a far better bet than a younger girl for a successful relationship- the only difficulty could be kids etc depending on each individuals point of view

i guess mine and myrnas case is a bit unusual in that me at 44 and Myrna at 31 are both without kids so we can start our married life without prior baggage ( i know kids aint baggage but you know what i mean )- well start our married life when the bleeding embassy get thier finger out and sort her visa
    Hi Sparky, I'm sure yours will come through anyday now, so don't worry, you will have bigger hurdles to jump later!
    as for children, you are right, 'you have not got that additional baggage' and I add, the additional cost as others will point out. If I remember correctly, it was 75,000 for Jane and it would of been 75,000 for each child as well as flights etc etc The mind boggles!!.
    I would give my high teeth for a gaggle of them, thats for sure. We are in the process so, will keep you all informed

Quote Originally Posted by gracia143 View Post
    I think I am 'guilty as charged' as well. I don't post as much as I used to but I do read the postings but then that doesn't count as being helpful. I do apologise for that but it isn't so easy having two jobs , doing Uni and being a full-time wife. Sorry guys
    No need to apolgise.... now get on with what we were doing
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Thumbs up

Hi all,
    I too feel guilty about not posting much, I do try and hopefully when my marriage is sorted out I will then be able to enjoy the forum.
    Mick.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mickcant View Post
    Hi all,
    I too feel guilty about not posting much, I do try and hopefully when my marriage is sorted out I will then be able to enjoy the forum.
    Mick.
    Marriage or divorce? I thought you'd decided Mick you wanted a divorce?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by triple5 View Post
    He is sorting his marriage by divorce....

Good luck Mick...

Hi triple5.
    Sorry I meant sort my marriage out by a divorce!
    Mick.

Banned
    Gothca

Quote Originally Posted by sparky View Post
    Roughly the same age difference as exists between US ... I'm 65 and Myrna, 51. Again, we'd no previous "baggage" - both of us being widowed. Which is WHY, while in one respect, I'm surprised that the Embassy APPEARS to be "dragging its heels" with your visa application, I would surmise that the delay has been caused by a backlog arising from March to September being the busiest time of year for submissions [as I seem to remember reading on here recently]. Added to this, is the fact that Manila now handles requests from a substantial part of South East Asia ... whereas WE applied in January 2009 - a much "quieter" period - before the current 'system' came into effect.

But rest assured, Myrna WILL be granted her visa ... there's no earthly reason to suppose otherwise!

what a

who left his prison cell door open

Banned
    Hope you're talking about the OP and not the gentleman above you

How dare he speak about our Arthur in that manner!!

I think you both know who i mean

fingers crossed for you two

sparky and myrnas i ment too

I hope all visa applications will be successul. I'll keep my fingers crossed for everybody!

thanks for the words of encouragement guys

on the subject of posting on the forum- i guess a lot of people will use the info to get the visa then bugger off never to be heard of again-that of course is their perogative personally i will stay on as an active member and try and contribute to the board and help others with my limited knowledge (very limited re Philippines but more extensive about Thailand to be honest )

i am a member on a very active board that has a membership of probably 30,000+ but i guess that only a few hundred of those are regular posters. its no use complaining about the lurkers and posters cos they are a part of forum life i guess. i prefer to take an active part but not everyones the same

Banned
    You all disssed qUeEn BeE when she first joined because of the way she wrote, but warmed to her in the end. Any chance of giving Ras a break here? He seems to have got up the noses of a lot of members, maybe I missed a thread or two. be a shame to see him leave. No offence to anybody here, but some of the stories are getting a bit cliched - old guy meets young girl, marries, wants visa advice, gets her over, then never comes back to the forum again. Here's a fella thats a bit different and its like some kind of witch hunt
    No way a witch hunt. He has just done a post in simple English we can all read and understand without effort so it can be done.
    Imagine what the others are going through where English is not there first tongue, in fact I guess what they will be doing, passing on to the next thread.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information