Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by triple5 View Post
    Why not I'm neither an old fella or a young buck, but I certainly got more idea what to do with it now than what I did 10 - 15 years ago. I reckon I'll be some kind of love guru in 20 years time
    its true practice makes perfect and whilst im not perfect i am still practicing

or

das rt mn prtc maks purfct
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    Done ya muppet
    Hey Keith...calm down..calm down

ras stirs people up but look at the posts he got in just a short time, he is probably bored and not sleeping well, you know what the Philippines is like with the dawn chorus

Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post
    I'm not sure 'hit and runners' is a fair comment Joe.
    i don't know about the 'forum scene' but in the warez scene, taking what you want and giving nothing back your called a 'hit and runner'

i'm not sure about the exact figure, but there have been 4,000+ registered users ( you can see the exact figure on the main forum page) and only 400 are active, what does that tell you ??
    nearly 9/10 get what they want and go.. sure some have good reasons, but how about paying something back and help others out and contributing to the forum and keeping it alive, everyone has something to contribute, but many can't be

its a sad fact without a hard core of users (not that type ) this and most forums would be dead
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    i don't know about the 'forum scene' but in the warez scene, taking what you want and giving nothing back your called a 'hit and runner'

i'm not sure about the exact figure, but there have been 4,000+ registered users ( you can see the exact figure on the main forum page) and only 400 are active, what does that tell you ??
    nearly 9/10 get what they want and go.. sure some have good reasons, but how about paying something back and help others out and contributing to the forum and keeping it alive, everyone has something to contribute, but many can't be

its a sad fact without a hard core of users (not that type ) this and most forums would be dead
    Correct Joe, I agree, Jane is here now this moment because of this site. I will contribute now.

Das rite
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

Banned
    I'm surprised some of you still bother tbh. Quite often see yourself Joe and others reply within minutes to these threads that are titled "Urgent help needed" etc, then never see the poster again. You should start charging for your service, or at least tell the ungrateful gits to use the search button.

Quote Originally Posted by ras66uk View Post
    wat r u tlkin bout pete? itsnot lazy english, or us slang, u obviously dont live where i live.... comeon pete do u really live london endz , i aint tryin 2 b different at ALL straight, i type how i tlk and if u got a problem wiv how d language is or street tlk watever.....tlk 2 all 100,000s of ppl that tlk that way everyday init! anyways u r old ...cm'on pete .
    open ur mind and admit our language is changin...naa? im only 26 man what do u expect me 2 know bout how old english ??
    i cant blieve we still on dis
    Mate born n brought up in London and although i can read what you are writing and could understand if you were talking in the same style. I still would not put on a messagboard or speak publicly like that, otherwise we will have that taglish shorthand i keep seing on the Wifes facebook page her mates and younger realtives write in
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

I'm surprised some of you still bother tbh. Quite often see yourself Joe and others reply within minutes to these threads that are titled "Urgent help needed" etc, then never see the poster again. You should start charging for your service, or at least tell the ungrateful gits to use the search button.
    i'm repaying a debt to some who helped me, not just on this forum but on others to
    i dont want others to make mistakes i've made or others have made and give money to the gov for a refusal

anyway everyone can post something, nice places to visit, and even to avoid, scams, cheap air tickets, hotels etc.. no excuse

http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

2,500 Unique hits a day Joe as well, mostly non-registered.... although thanks to the new layout it allows me to make it more ad heavy for them
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

You' re right. Makes you wonder how people coped before the internet

I can only ever remember one other member in his 20s, and he was getting so narked trying to get a visa for his gf. He put it down to these old playboys deciding they wanted a new toy and getting a filipina girl over, only to kick her into touch months down the line, making the whole process for legit unmarried couples all the more harder. tbh I understand Ras more than some of the Filipinas on here. No offence ladies Maybe I get too many texts from young eastenders
    I was in me 20's when I first met the missus and been a few others I recall most from those I have spoken to dont seem to get involve to much on the Site.. I guess they are more used to forums and googling info and find the information needed and so never get totally involved maybe..

2,500 Unique hits a day Joe as well, mostly non-registered.... although thanks to the new layout it allows me to make it more ad heavy for them

but you must wonder why so many just vanish
    it cant be down to dom banning them all or your scouse humour
    even when they get their spouse visa, still ILR and citizenship to go thru, also keep in contact with pinoys in the UK..

you must wonder sometimes why you bother

Nah ... I never read any posts, I just post crap where & when I want

Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post
    I'm not sure 'hit and runners' is a fair comment Joe.
    Pumpkins and I spent a lot of time on here before she got her visa thaks to the info you provided.

Has you know Joe, it is not always easy to settle down in a new country new ways thousands of miles away from house and that awful feeling of home sickness, we still have to work, work at everything again, you will know about this. We are not retired, we are trying to live a 'normal' life.
    Jane does spend some time online, I only go online to pay bills etc.

We have not abandoned this site and I'm sure neither have the others who are no longer on here as much as before, it's just I guess they are leading a different life, a new life and hopfully a better life.
    I too have searched for members who were on here when Jane and I were and yes, they are not here. Maybe one day they will, so lets wish them well
    The Wife hardly used the Internet when she first got here which i found odd she was far happier with the Phone. I guess she oded on being on a laptop but she soon got back on facebook n what not which keeps her upto the second on whats going on back in da Phills

Plenty of Hit n runners I know on other sites I have hit n run not meant any harm by it just the way it is. as you say sometimes its simply not part of peoples routine to check the web unless they need to I think also many simply need to get away from it all and like you say concentrate on family and work life

Im sure if I totalled up the hours i spent on here it would be a fair few but the cost of the advice and news on here is priceless

Can be small things like hearing xoom is basically no go for Brits or PNB are moving office in Notting hill, news on the festivals etc.

I have not bothered calculating but pre visa and flight over we saved thousands and im sure we have saved more since from using this site.
    At the moment the Wife is on her 3 Skype phone which costs her nothing a month to run just the odd charge of leccy to call her friends and family in phill wherever she is in the UK with a mobile signal.

I belive the improvement in the PNB service is partly down to the praise and critical comments on here...

Im amazed how many have just appiled for their Visa when they join up By then it maybe to late

Nah ... I never read any posts, I just post crap where & when I want
    yes we all have noticed that

I'm feel guilty now...I haven't been in the forum very often

'We dance in a circle and suppose, while the secret sits in the middle and knows'

R.F.

Quote Originally Posted by Peanutz View Post
    I'm feel guilty now...I haven't been in the forum very often
    dom someone else for you to ban

but at least you do return peanutz and make some posts, many don't

Banned

but you must wonder why so many just vanish
    it cant be down to dom banning them all or your scouse humour
    even when they get their spouse visa, still ILR and citizenship to go thru, also keep in contact with pinoys in the UK..

Life for some does not revolve around this site or in fact a computer, no matter how helpful you and the others have been, just like family, they are there when you need then.
    I remember reading a post of yours a while back, when you were busy doing something else earning your money now, you are here.

Like a previous poster said ' they maybe searching other sites for info because like the disclaimer says, it's not the gosple or words to the effect.
    I do agree making donations if the site has been benifical in anyway, I'm sorry I haven't in the past but, I have now.

DOM! Plurrrseeee! I will try to reduce my absence, I promise I will try my best to pop in every now and then!

'We dance in a circle and suppose, while the secret sits in the middle and knows'

R.F.

that is true
    , i don't expect people to register at 9am on the forum
    but i wonder what ever happened to many people i have known over the years on here, who made 100s if not 1000s of posts and have gone

for example, where r you now ?
    A_flyer
    baboyako
    ervenescence
    PeterB - triple5 you met him, hows he doing ?

Respected Member
    OK, I don't really understand everything Ras says, seems a bit gibberish, but nevermind. Anyway to try and approach his original subject. I asked the same question when I first joined, and having been a member for a while I think i've started to understand the situation a bit more.
    I personally am a younger guy, and have an older missus from the Philippines ( 8 years older). We're happy, we met the conventional way, flirting, dating and so on and despite the age difference it works for us. I personally find the younger Filipina's, whilst nice, too immature.
    Now as for the older guy, filipina girl situation. I don't think a lot of the men go out particularly looking for a younger woman. I think it's more a supply and demand situation. A lot of the relationships start via the internet, and the dating sites tend to attract older guys. Younger guys really have very little reason to go looking abroad for women, when it's so easy to pick someone up in a nightclub.
    The older guys, often are divorced, and are looking for a particular kind of relationship and seem to be drawn for there own reasons to looking through Filipina Dating websites. I really don't think they go looking for someone younger, it's something that just happens because a lot of the women on the dating websites are younger. It's an innocent situation, and I really don't believe their is an malice or perverted intentions in these website (or if it is, its a minority). Age is only a barrier if you choose to make it a barrier.
    A lot of the Filipina's go onto these websites looking for a better life, and I don't think that those people are too bothered about the age of the person. The girls in the Philippines that are bothered, I very much doubt would take the time to seriously register with the dating websites.

Now as for the Philippines itself, and many S.E Asian countries, they do attract their fair share of perverts, who probably wouldn't survive living the same life in the UK. As for these, they are generally pretty different people to those that post on this website (well, thats the opinion i've formed over time). They stand out like a sore thumb in these places, and I think you're less likely to notice the younger guys with the Filipinas because of that.

I'm still here Joe

R.F.

I'm still here Joe
    i think dom maybe eating his pizza at the mo with a glass of plonk

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyR View Post
    OK, I don't really understand everything Ras says, seems a bit gibberish, but nevermind. Anyway to try and approach his original subject. I asked the same question when I first joined, and having been a member for a while I think i've started to understand the situation a bit more.
    I personally am a younger guy, and have an older missus from the Philippines ( 8 years older). We're happy, we met the conventional way, flirting, dating and so on and despite the age difference it works for us. I personally find the younger Filipina's, whilst nice, too immature.
    Now as for the older guy, filipina girl situation. I don't think a lot of the men go out particularly looking for a younger woman. I think it's more a supply and demand situation. A lot of the relationships start via the internet, and the dating sites tend to attract older guys. Younger guys really have very little reason to go looking abroad for women, when it's so easy to pick someone up in a nightclub.
    The older guys, often are divorced, and are looking for a particular kind of relationship and seem to be drawn for there own reasons to looking through Filipina Dating websites. I really don't think they go looking for someone younger, it's something that just happens because a lot of the women on the dating websites are younger. It's an innocent situation, and I really don't believe their is an malice or perverted intentions in these website (or if it is, its a minority). Age is only a barrier if you choose to make it a barrier.
    A lot of the Filipina's go onto these websites looking for a better life, and I don't think that those people are too bothered about the age of the person. The girls in the Philippines that are bothered, I very much doubt would take the time to seriously register with the dating websites.

Now as for the Philippines itself, and many S.E Asian countries, they do attract their fair share of perverts, who probably wouldn't survive living the same life in the UK. As for these, they are generally pretty different people to those that post on this website (well, thats the opinion i've formed over time). They stand out like a sore thumb in these places, and I think you're less likely to notice the younger guys with the Filipinas because of that.
    Ricky, another thought provoking post.
    I agree, when you are a young guy it is much easier to go to a club etc but, when you hit that middle age it's not that simple and us middle aged are typed casted which is wrong. For me and my wife the internet came along at the right time, without it, we would never of found eachother.
    Ricky, you are 25 yrs young a very wise young man. I'm sure you will do well in life. Looking forward to more of your posts

Banned
    I'm still here Joe

Gotcha wench...!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jimeve View Post
    old English proverb...many a good tune played on an old fiddle.
    Another old saying; the young bull ran down the hill and screwed one of the cows......
    upon seeing this..... after a while.... the old bull walked down the hill and screwed all of them..... one by one.

Banned
    hiya all im new and was checking out this interesting thead
    i agree with rick...my filipina is older...but not wiser
    no no....shes great ...we have been here in phils for two yrs and have a beautiful baby girl...im trying to do visas and that atm...its very time consuming

Banned
    this ras geezer...i do feel sorry for him although he was very to the point
    im from london city and have many mates using this type of slang....im guilty myself... but i write plain simple english, its a london thing ! but not all people talk like this of course...if u ever seen the british film kidulthood u will see what i mean init! (dont get offended)

nuf sed

Quote Originally Posted by sensi* View Post
    this ras geezer...i do feel sorry for him although he was very to the point
    im from london city and have many mates using this type of slang....im guilty myself... but i write plain simple english, its a london thing ! but not all people talk like this of course...if u ever seen the british film kidulthood u will see what i mean init! (dont get offended)
    You just gave yourself away RAZ you plonker... already BANNED you once today you moron

Quote Originally Posted by aromulus View Post
    To me, age gaps within a relationship are only criticised by sad and jealous people. And that the same can be said about man united supporters....
    I agree! Age is just the number!
    Marlyn & Kenny forever

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information