Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: FLR approved

Banned

FLR approved

Finally, after waiting for 2 months or so, I finally received my identity card today! Got my documents yesterday and my card was delivered today.. woohooo.... another hurdle over...

Next hurdle: renewing my passport using my married name, report of marriage, then changing my identity card again under my married name.. whew!

I know someone will comment again about change of name and that there is no need to use husband's name... but then, I want to use my married name as most married Filipinas would want.. heck, I know that we (Filipinas) spent a lot of time using our crush' name (in secret of course) and listening if their surnames sound better with our names... oh well.. those were the days...

Anyway, would have to do that within the next 3 months else there is a £1000 penalty or have my permission to stay limited or curtailed ... that's what the leaflet said.. so better do it than be sorry...

For those waiting for their FLRs.. or ILRs.. or Citizenship... godspeed... it will come soon...

Banned
    oh, by the way... would anyone know where the NI number is in the card? is it that located on the upper right corner of the card? I'm asking coz the leaflet said it's the unique card number.. i wonder...

Quote Originally Posted by Florge View Post
    Finally, after waiting for 2 months or so, I finally received my identity card today! Got my documents yesterday and my card was delivered today.. woohooo.... another hurdle over...

Next hurdle: renewing my passport using my married name, report of marriage, then changing my identity card again under my married name.. whew!

I know someone will comment again about change of name and that there is no need to use husband's name... but then, I want to use my married name as most married Filipinas would want.. heck, I know that we (Filipinas) spent a lot of time using our crush' name (in secret of course) and listening if their surnames sound better with our names... oh well.. those were the days...

Anyway, would have to do that within the next 3 months else there is a £1000 penalty or have my permission to stay limited or curtailed ... that's what the leaflet said.. so better do it than be sorry...

For those waiting for their FLRs.. or ILRs.. or Citizenship... godspeed... it will come soon...
    congratulations!!!!

Congrats Florge...hmmm do we really need to change our name on the identity card once we renew our passport?? I think it's fine.coz on the FLR application form i wrote there my other name is the one on my husband's name. I think it's fine..you'll just have to bring your old passport and marriage cert all the time...what you think???

oh, by the way... would anyone know where the NI number is in the card? is it that located on the upper right corner of the card? I'm asking coz the leaflet said it's the unique card number.. i wonder...
    yes it is....

Banned
    from the leaflet, it said that i would need to change mg card if my personal details change because of:

1. marriage or deed poll;
    2. you change your gender legally or permanently;
    3. you change your nationality;
    4. your facial appearance changes significantly.

If you change any personal details listed above, you will need to apply for a new card within three months. To do this you should complete and submit a replacement card form ICFN (RC), available at ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk. If you do not, you may face a financial penalty of up to £1,000 or have your permissin of stay limited (also know as curtailed)

I'm just quoting the leaflet I received with my card. Thus, I would be replacing it since I would like and want to use my married name.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by evo76 View Post
    Congrats Florge...hmmm do we really need to change our name on the identity card once we renew our passport?? I think it's fine.coz on the FLR application form i wrote there my other name is the one on my husband's name. I think it's fine..you'll just have to bring your old passport and marriage cert all the time...what you think???
    your passport is your maiden name pa ba? and your card is in your maiden name too, or married name already?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by abby View Post
    yes it is....
    oh okay.... the unique card number and NI are the same... gotcha! sheesh... bat kasi di pa sinabi sa leaflet... LOL

thanks abby!

no worries dear....

... as you say, Florge ... another hurdle over! Heartiest Congratulations, my friend. ... You mention also receiving your 'Identity Card'; in recent years, there's been talk of introducing National ID cards for *British Citizens ... but so far, this *proposal doesn't seem to have got beyond the "drawing board" stage.

Banned
    Arthur, I think they are implementing it now.. but it isn't mandatory for British nationals.. coz in the first place, you will have to pay for it if you want one... my husband got a letter from the Home Office regarding that and he didn't want to get one because of the need to pay for it... the identity cards for foreign nationals is where they are concentrating more I guess...

Arthur, I think they are implementing it now.. but it isn't mandatory for British nationals.. coz in the first place, you will have to pay for it if you want one... my husband got a letter from the Home Office regarding that and he didn't want to get one because of the need to pay for it... the identity cards for foreign nationals is where they are concentrating more I guess...
    Yes, ... looks like they're concentrating on people coming to live in the UK for the first time' right enough. And Myrna will be applying for ILR early next year, so I guess she'll be needing an ID Card then too ... unless of course there are different rules applying to *Scotland - since we have our own separate Scottish Parliament up here. But then, as far as I'm aware, *WE'RE still subject to Home Office Rules for as long as all [nationwide] Immigration matters continue to be handled by London. Unlike your husband, though, I haven't, as yet, been contacted by the HO as regards the choice of being issued with a card for myself. Not that I'M all that fussy about getting one, I have to admit - especially if it's to be paid for!

... if only life were less complcated!

Not sure if ID card number is same as NI number.

The NI number should be made up of letters and numbers like this: QQ 12 34 56 A.

Congraaaaaaaatulations Florge!!!

here is the link to apply for NI number

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTax...ts/DG_10014073

Quote Originally Posted by rusty View Post
    Not sure if ID card number is same as NI number.

The NI number should be made up of letters and numbers like this: QQ 12 34 56 A.
    Yes right, NI and ID card number is not the same. YOu need to apply for NI number. http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTax..._PPC&cre=Money
    You can also just change your maiden name into married name when you apply for ILR. But in my case, I had an ammendment in my passport before I applied for FLR. So, no worries in changing names when I got my identity card. But you can change it if you really want to or just wait when u apply for ILR..

Anyways, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!The long wait is over...

Banned
    thanks all!

congratulations florge!....if you will apply NI..just bring passport, home office card..and i bring the envelop coming from home office where my name was in the adress..it's only a proof that i live in same place where my husband's live..hehhee....

Congrats sis

ohh that sweet...very proud wife
    Don't make promises when you are in JOY. Don't reply when you are SAD.
    Don't take decisions when you are ANGRY. Think twice, Act wise. BE happy.

Banned
    Congrats!!!!!!!! More applications to come on your way.

Congratulations
    Though you do not write books, you are the writer of your life. Because everything depends on YOU.

Congratulations...!

Banned
    thanks everyone!

got an interview at Jobcentre for the NI application... and yes Ate Pen.. more applications to come my way... one after the other.... hayyyy

Congrats Florge!

Banned
    thanks scottishbride!

Thread Information