Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I do not have a legal rep anymore... when my lawyer accepted my case more than a year ago, he mentioned to me that he will help me until the decision is achieved but after that, "finality" is not part of his service anymore. I asked, what is finality. He explained it is easy and not expensive and I can do that on my own. I was naive, I said ok. I thought the difficult part was the annulment. Never heard of "finality" until that day I met with the lawyer when he accepted my case. Today, I am realizing that even though I now have a court decision letter saying the marriage was null and void, I am still not free to marry until I get this finality. It is like, a half baked cake :(

Quote Originally Posted by DAnn View Post
    I do not have a legal rep anymore... when my lawyer accepted my case more than a year ago, he mentioned to me that he will help me until the decision is achieved but after that, "finality" is not part of his service ...a half baked cake :(
    you cannot marry again until you have the ''Absolute finality of Annulment''..youve been ripped-off !!
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Quote Originally Posted by sars_notd_virus View Post
    you cannot marry again until you have the ''Absolute finality of Annulment''..youve been ripped-off !!
    hi, sars_notd_virus...
    yes i realized this now... i wish i knew and understood better much earlier. all the while, people I have spoken to before I filed for annulment just talked about annulment itself. No one mentioned this "absolute finality of annulment" until that day my layer said the word "finality" and like what i posted earlier, he gave me the impression it is not something to worry about when i asked what it is. I was happy when he said he will help me with my petition until the decision is granted. He said, he will not be doing the "finality". He said I can do it on my own. So I said ok. Now, I am waiting for this finality and praying and hoping it will not take 7 months because that is when our wedding is set. Anyways from all articles we read, they all say 15 days then I can get a finality. It should not be long now.

Thread Information