Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Devon - no - Oxford - no - Stalybridge - no - errr - UK

No wheels on my wagon!

A fruitless day trying to rent a car!!

It appears that now all of the rental firms require a security deposit via a credit card or a debit card.

I don't have any credit cards and my new debit card will be 10 days in coming.

I therefore can't get wheels and am stuck here in SE Manchester!!

BTW - before you ask - I am not a millionaire and so can't afford to use trains - buses are yukky - and I can't find a jeepney anywhere!!!

Al.
    Pressed rat and warthog closed down their shop!

pm sent
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

Respected Member
    Sorry to hear that, www.megatrain.com/uk/

back one day and complaining

might help AL til you get some wheels

buy a weekly bus/tram/train pass

http://www.systemonetravelcards.co.u...twork-maps.php

http://www.systemonetravelcards.co.u..._Metrolink.pdf

Al your in Manc land cars are only a fiver each up there to order
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

Respected Member
    Spain since 1988. My wife has been here since June 2006
    When I go to UK I usually rent a car from a company in Gatwick. They have oldish cars which have a fair few scratches and minor dents. The good news is they don't care if another minor scratch appears and they don't require a Credit Card.

When I flew into Heathrow I had great difficulty in renting a car without a Credit card, a debit card was not accepted (As of course, unlike a credit card, they could not claim for damage on a debit card).

I applied for a credit card from Nationwide whilst I as there. The problem was that it was cancelled shorty after issue as I did not live in UK. An email to their CEO got it reinstated.

So, it this case I would suggest you shop around at the cheaper end of the car hire market.

Good luck.

Respected Member
    Spain since 1988. My wife has been here since June 2006
    Hi Alan,

I just did a search. I have no knowledge of the company, so not a recommendation !

http://www.travelsupermarket.com/com...hire-4928.aspx

Al, forget the rental companies, speak to the local garages/car sales, they can usually rent you something a lot cheaper.
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    and I can't find a jeepney anywhere!!!
    Al.
    Why not start your own up. Kill two birds with one stone. A car (jeepney)and a job (driver)!! sorted
    :Yesterday was history.Tomorrow is a mystery.Today is a gift.This is why it is called"The present!"

Thread Information