Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

10 day waiting period compulsory for getting married ??

I will be getting married in Samar early may ....my mahal tells me that we cant set a date until after we have met the mayor and made the license in person , on the upside the mayor has said he will be able to marry us 2 days after making the license i suspect this has something to do with him running for re election the following week !!

My question is it compulsory to wait the 10 days or is it common to break this condition ??

Yes you have to wait 10 days.

Respected Member
    Yes it's 10 days waiting.

Respected Member
    Although, knowing the Philippines. A special letter with a picture of Benjamin Franklin on it may expedite things.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by mistermatty View Post
    I will be getting married in Samar early may ....my mahal tells me that we cant set a date until after we have met the mayor and made the license in person , on the upside the mayor has said he will be able to marry us 2 days after making the license i suspect this has something to do with him running for re election the following week !!

My question is it compulsory to wait the 10 days or is it common to break this condition ??
    ...nothing to do with election....that is the requirment in register office....

Quote Originally Posted by Sim11UK View Post
    Yes you have to wait 10 days.
    well we she has been told that we WONT have to wait the 10 days !!

It's required to wait for 10 days before a marriage can take place.
    Though you do not write books, you are the writer of your life. Because everything depends on YOU.

well we she has been told that we WONT have to wait the 10 days !!
    just make sure your legally married

Devon - no - Oxford - no - Stalybridge - no - errr - UK

Smile

10 days cannot even be changed with - let's face it - a bribe!!!

10 days it is for the process to be legal!

Al.
    Pressed rat and warthog closed down their shop!

10 Days is the rule mate.......If you dont follow it you wont be married !!

Bearing in mind when you arrived is now not on your passport stamp but also on a central data base
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

Are you sure the Mayor didn't mean he would marry you 2 days after you have got the license, therefore meaning 12 days?

Respected Member
    make sure you wait 10 days...

when we applied for our licence we can get married even after a day bec. we knew the head of registrar. but she said the british embassy is strict about this so better to wait 10 days, just to be sure that I won't have any problem with my visa if the ECO will find out about it.

goodluck!

Quote Originally Posted by adam&chryss View Post
    make sure you wait 10 days...

when we applied for our licence we can get married even after a day bec. we knew the head of registrar. but she said the british embassy is strict about this so better to wait 10 days, just to be sure that I won't have any problem with my visa if the ECO will find out about it.

goodluck!
    Good advice there ...

Uk Embassy on Mon May 3 to get my CNI sorted and the following day May 4 will apply in Samar for the marriage lisense , the Mayors office there in Samar is still insistent that he can mary us anytime after we have made the lisense and attended the senimar which i though was not required for couples over the age of 25 ??

The earlier we get married the better as it means i wont have to hang about in Samar for 10 days waiting .

Yet another dillema ...

yup 10 days, best not to cut corners

Respected Member
    Spain since 1988. My wife has been here since June 2006
    Good advice there ...

............................ and attended the senimar which i though was not required for couples over the age of 25 ??
    When I did it, aged 66, there was a quite a bit of amusement when the speaker said, of course in Tagalog, something to effect that when a man gets to 45/50 he loses all his sex drive. The others, all young, we asking my wife of it was true. I hope the speaker was nearer being right on the other matters she presented !!!!!

As I said, it was practically all in Tagalog. I was able to follow some, as I speak Spanish, but I really don't see the point of a person needing to attend just to get an attendance certificate when they don't understand what the seminar was all about.

To the side of of our group was a sewing class. I came away having learnt more about sewing than marriage !

Thread Information