Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: Waiting

Waiting

Hi Guys,
    my gfs annulment finished in January and is waiting a decision. As of yet there has been no decision made. I was under the impression that a verdict would take 18 days, but have since been informed there is a 90 day period in which the judge has to make a decision.

I know it wont speed things up and it will come when the judge is ready............but id be grateful if any further light can be shed upon this. As you can imagine its getting a bit tense just waiting.

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by laurel View Post
    Hi Guys,
    my gfs annulment finished in January and is waiting a decision. As of yet there has been no decision made. I was under the impression that a verdict would take 18 days, but have since been informed there is a 90 day period in which the judge has to make a decision.

I know it wont speed things up and it will come when the judge is ready............but id be grateful if any further light can be shed upon this. As you can imagine its getting a bit tense just waiting.

Thanks in advance
    If the judge has even the slightest inkling that a foriegner is involved then it's likely that he'll just let things lie and the paperwork will just gather dust until your lawyer gets in touch. The judges like to make out that they're above all that so the usual procedure is that your lawyer has a word with the clerk of the court, some money changes hands and then the clerk of the court has a word with the judge. It may not always be the case but it is what happened in our case and in others that I've learnt about since then.
    Iain.

Quote Originally Posted by IainBusby View Post
    If the judge has even the slightest inkling that a foriegner is involved then it's likely that he'll just let things lie and the paperwork will just gather dust until your lawyer gets in touch. The judges like to make out that they're above all that so the usual procedure is that your lawyer has a word with the clerk of the court, some money changes hands and then the clerk of the court has a word with the judge. It may not always be the case but it is what happened in our case and in others that I've learnt about since then.
    Iain.
    As far as im aware the judge has no idea about me, but thanks anyway its food for thought

Quote Originally Posted by laurel View Post
    Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance
    Usually, it takes 3-6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by scottishbride View Post
    Usually, it takes 3-6 months.
    After the final hearing???

Thread Information