Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

marriage in the philippines !!

hello guys and girls,
    need advice again, we got married on 6th feb 2010 but still want to get married in the philippines for annabel and her family i did promise her mum, do i still need a CNI as we are married already or just show our wedding certificate to authorities in the philippines has any one done this any advice appreciated . i know someone on here will know the answer or done it themselves
    many thanks for your help
    regards
    j & a

Quote Originally Posted by jonathan47 View Post
    hello guys and girls,
    need advice again, we got married on 6th feb 2010 but still want to get married in the philippines for annabel and her family i did promise her mum, do i still need a CNI as we are married already or just show our wedding certificate to authorities in the philippines has any one done this any advice appreciated . i know someone on here will know the answer or done it themselves
    many thanks for your help
    regards
    j & a
    I'm not sure you can get married again if your already married, but you can always have a marriage blessing service in church and dress up like it's wedding. I knew a couple who were married on a beach in Mauritius who had a blessing ceromony in church in the UK for all their friends and relatives and although the words the priest used were a bit different, it was almost the same as your average wedding.

Quote Originally Posted by IainBusby View Post
    you can always have a marriage blessing service in church and dress up like it's wedding.
    Mmm, ... seems a really nice idea ... and it eliminates all the red tape [though you could still have the "red carpet treatment"!] you'd have needed HAD it been your ACTUAL wedding! And I'm fairly sure Annabel's family would approve!

Respected Member maria_and_matt's Avatar
    we got married twice, here in the registry office and back home in a church. we just showed our parish priest our marriage certificate and he married us, he is close to our family tho.
    God grant me the serenity to accept the things i cannot change, the courage to change the things i can and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those people i had to kill because they pissed me off.

Quote Originally Posted by maria_and_matt View Post
    we got married twice, here in the registry office and back home in a church. we just showed our parish priest our marriage certificate and he married us, he is close to our family tho.
    Aye ... but wouldn't the Church ceremony be more along the lines of asking God's Blessing on the lawful union that took place in the Registry Office ... and also held so that YOUR family could be present to be part of it?

Respected Member maria_and_matt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Aye ... but wouldn't the Church ceremony be more along the lines of asking God's Blessing on the lawful union that took place in the Registry Office ... and also held so that YOUR family could be present to be part of it?
    my immediate family flew here for our wedding, but the 'older' family members wanted us to get married in church, i was not bothered but they paid so hey another reason to party.
    God grant me the serenity to accept the things i cannot change, the courage to change the things i can and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those people i had to kill because they pissed me off.

Thread Information