Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Wedding Gown or Formal dress ??

Well another one of my daft questions on what to wear for a Pinnoy wedding , this times its for my bride to be ...she has simple tastes ( her words ) and says a formal dress is quite sufficent for a civil ceromany in the province ....whats the done things and what did you ladies wear for your big day ?

Thanx in advance

Quote Originally Posted by mistermatty View Post
    Well another one of my daft questions on what to wear for a Pinnoy wedding , this times its for my bride to be ...she has simple tastes ( her words ) and says a formal dress is quite sufficent for a civil ceromany in the province ....whats the done things and what did you ladies wear for your big day ?

Thanx in advance
    From a mere male's point of view, I would say much depends upon what YOU and your bride-to-be can jointly afford. As her tastes do not appear to be extravagant, you're planning on having a civil ceremony ... and SHE's perfectly happy wearing a formal dress as opposed to full bridal finery ... then so be it!

The Wife wore a Dress while very smart hardly looked like a traditonal Wedding Dress..

I wore a very nice shirt trousers and Shoes but not a tradtional Suit.
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

Thanx in advance
    hi mistermatty,
    if your bride wanted a wedding dress,and she dont wanted to buy a new one
    she can rent her dress,

my dress i got the design on the internet,and i print it
    and i go to devisoria to find a tailore there.and they cost me
    5,000.00pisos

Smile

Thanx in advance
    Welcome to this wonderful site!! We had a civil wedding last october 2009 and guess what i wore a wedding dress!!! and my hubby worea "barong tagalog" its a filipino dress for men for wedding and special occasion.
    Check out our photos! BTW, we had our civil wed in the province too!
    Congratulations and enjoy your big day!
    Marlyn & Kenny forever

Respected Member
    Spain since 1988. My wife has been here since June 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by marlyn&kenny View Post
    Welcome to this wonderful site!! We had a civil wedding last october 2009 and guess what i wore a wedding dress!!! and my hubby worea "barong tagalog" its a filipino dress for men for wedding and special occasion.
    Check out our photos! BTW, we had our civil wed in the province too!
    Congratulations and enjoy your big day!
    We were married in a restaurant garden, with complete dresses, bride, bridesmaids, mums etc. I wore a barong, but then my wife is a dress maker/designer so expense was not a factor.

One thing to think of: The wedding photos/videos last for ever, be terrible to look back and say you wished it had been more traditional.

Thanx in advance
    mistermatty Hi! It is good if your bride will wear a formal dress on civil wedding but it is really up to you and your bride taste coz it is your very special day... as long as your bride feel comfortable for the dress she's wearing on that day be happy and don't forget to keep smile both ... you can go together to the wedding gallery near to your bride's area and look for the best clothes on there or best design you want for her. Too many and a little bit cheaper especially if your wifey known some gallery, she can ask discount too. You don't have any problem for the clothes of the family then when you sort on it ... Ok, good luck for your wedding day and keep update us all here just enjoy and don't think too much share things to your woman what she can do too then go with her what she think is best ...

My Mrs(and me) wore something rather less informal than the norm due to out modest financial position at that time...However it certainly did not spoil the proceedings nor did it hinder 23 Years of happy marriage...... and counting!!
    Your mileage may vary I hasten to add!!

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    From a mere male's point of view, I would say much depends upon what YOU and your bride-to-be can jointly afford. As her tastes do not appear to be extravagant, you're planning on having a civil ceremony ... and SHE's perfectly happy wearing a formal dress as opposed to full bridal finery ... then so be it!
    agree!!!
    all things are possible!

Respected Member South-east boy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lizaphil View Post
    hi mistermatty,
    if your bride wanted a wedding dress,and she dont wanted to buy a new one
    she can rent her dress,

my dress i got the design on the internet,and i print it
    and i go to devisoria to find a tailore there.and they cost me
    5,000.00pisos
    Both good ideas there!

Respected Member South-east boy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    My Mrs(and me) wore something rather less informal than the norm due to out modest financial position at that time...However it certainly did not spoil the proceedings nor did it hinder 23 Years of happy marriage...... and counting!!
    Your mileage may vary I hasten to add!!
    Wow! Congratulations for a happy 23 years there! Nearly your silver one too! I'm not far off your age and still not found anyone!

Thread Information