Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Respected Member

21 day visa free

hello
    i have been to philippines a few times now but alays maximum 21 days

if i am there 22 or 23 days bec of travelling or delays how strict are the immigration about being over by 2 days . is it a big no no.

if it is a big no no ,can a payment be be made on exit from the country at the airport or am i going to have to do the application thing at an office .

i know i can always get a visa before going but i am not certain that i will exceed the 21 days.

anyone had this experience yet

regards

john

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by john sergison View Post
    hello

if i am there 22 or 23 days bec of travelling or delays how strict are the immigration about being over by 2 days . is it a big no no.

if it is a big no no ,can a payment be be made on exit from the country at the airport or am i going to have to do the application thing at an office .

i know i can always get a visa before going but i am not certain that i will exceed the 21 days.

regards

john
    Recently, there was a british guy here who overstayed in our counrty. But he stayed more than months and became blacklisted.

If you done that, you may go to the nearest immigration office and just pay penalty if there is. They may charge you for another visa extension too.

We have immigration authorities at the airport to check your passport so I'm sure you will not be permtted to leave the country.

Blacklisting of Overstaying Foreigners
    by Amanda Carpo

This memorandum was recently released by the Bureau of Immigration:

Blacklisting of Overstaying Foreigners

WHEREAS, Commonwealth Act No. 613, as amended, otherwise known as the Philippine Immigration Act of 1940, vests with the Bureau of Immigration the responsibility of the administration and the enforcement of immigration laws and admission of foreigners in the Philippines, which includes the enforcement of alien registration laws, exclusion, deportation and repatriation of aliens, and supervision of their immigration into and emigration from the Philippines;

WHEREAS, results of the Bureau's monitoring and surveillance activities reveal that there are still a number of temporary foreign visitors who fail to extend and update their tourist visa and overstay in the country notwithstanding the present program of the Bureau in simplifying the requirements for tourist visa extension through the Visa Issuance Made Simple (VIMS);

WHEREAS, this patent violation of a basic immigration requirements is not tolerable and must not be condoned;

WHEREAS, temporary foreign visitors who are overstaying in the Philippines for no valid reason are deemed undesirable and should be ordered to leave and placed in the Bureau's blacklist;

NOW, THEREFORE, in view of the foregoing, temporary foreign visitors who are overstaying in the country shall be allowed to update their stay upon payment of all the neccessary fees, fines, and penalties and shall be ordered to leave within ten (10) calendar days therefrom, and their names shall be included in the blacklist of the Bureau.

This Circular does not, however, preclude the Bureau from exercising other legal actions and remedies against such overstaying foreigners pursuant to law, rules and regulations.

This Circular shall take effect on July 01, 2008. All temporary foreign visitors who are overstaying in the country on or after the said effectivity date shall be covered by the Circular.

Let copies of this Circular be immediately published in a newspaper or general circular and filed with the Office of the National Administrative Register (ONAR), U.P. Law Center, U.P. Complex, Diliman, Quezon City, and furnished to all concerned.

City of Manila, Philippines, June 03, 2008.

Signed: Marcelino Libanan
    Commissioner

Source : http://carpolaw.com/articles/blackli...ing-foreigners

Respected Member
    Hi John,

We just recently got back from our Holiday in Philippines. My husband arrived at Dec 16 and our flight going back to UK was Jan 7, so he overstayed for 1 day. We decided not to get an extension visa and just pay the penalty in the airport once we get there, i think it is around 1000-1500 PHP per day? Im not sure how much as we did not pay for our penalty as the immigration officer just let us off. Bless him!
    It's good to have money and the things that money can buy, but it's good to check up once in a while to make sure you haven't lost the things that money can't buy.

Quote Originally Posted by tiN View Post
    Hi John,

We just recently got back from our Holiday in Philippines. My husband arrived at Dec 16 and our flight going back to UK was Jan 7, so he overstayed for 1 day. We decided not to get an extension visa and just pay the penalty in the airport once we get there, i think it is around 1000-1500 PHP per day? Im not sure how much as we did not pay for our penalty as the immigration officer just let us off. Bless him!
    Good for Paul! But I'd have thought the fact that he was ALREADY married to a Philippine National [yourself] would have automatically exempted him from ANY extension fee.

Of course, if I remember correctly, YOU initially came to the *UK on a Fiancee Visa ... and, consequently, your would've take place *HERE ... in which case, I imagine yours and Paul's recent trip was HIS first since you got married. Myrna and I, on the other hand, held OUR ceremony in the Phils ... and, since I didn't leave Davao on the date I'd originally been scheduled to [according to my air tickets] I NEEDED to pay for an extension. Whereas, HAD I EXITED the country just after the wedding ... and later RE-ENTERED as the husband of a Filipina, I would have (if I'd wanted to) been able to stay for up to a year WITHOUT having to visit the Immigration Office. Or so I understand, anyway. Is this correct?

hello

regards

john

John, I would refer you to Penny's post [*pennypost ... sounds like the *genesis of today's Royal Mail!] which lays out the Philippines' Immigration Rules in detail - and also my reply, which compares with Tin & Paul's recent experience.

Respected Member
    I wouldn't advise going to the airport having overstayed your visa, even if it's only by a day or two. The Immigration officer might let you pay a "fine", but they could make things very difficult for you.

It's best to get an extension during your stay. If you're in a big city, just leave your passport with a large hotel or travel agent. They will be able to get an extension within a couple of days. I forgot how much it costs. Probably a couple of thousand pesos.

hello

regards

john
    most places in the philippines have a local bureau of immigration so just ask your gf where and to go there and get an extention visa. don't be one of the blacklisted foreinger.
    all things are possible!

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Good for Paul! But I'd have thought the fact that he was ALREADY married to a Philippine National [yourself] would have automatically exempted him from ANY extension fee.

Of course, if I remember correctly, YOU initially came to the *UK on a Fiancee Visa ... and, consequently, your would've take place *HERE ... in which case, I imagine yours and Paul's recent trip was HIS first since you got married. Myrna and I, on the other hand, held OUR ceremony in the Phils ... and, since I didn't leave Davao on the date I'd originally been scheduled to [according to my air tickets] I NEEDED to pay for an extension. Whereas, HAD I EXITED the country just after the wedding ... and later RE-ENTERED as the husband of a Filipina, I would have (if I'd wanted to) been able to stay for up to a year WITHOUT having to visit the Immigration Office. Or so I understand, anyway. Is this correct?
    Nope that is not Paul's first visit to Philippines after our wed, he'd been in and out for 3 or 4 times. I have a brother who work in a travel agency and he advises us to apply for an extension visa or else the immigration in the airport will give us a fine.

Im not sure though for the " up to a year visa without having to visit the Immigration Office". But I think there is this visa that you can get right then and there in the immigration if you enter the country with your wife/husband that is a Filipino Citizen, this is called a Balikbayan Visa which is good for up to a year. I think
    Just feel free to correct me if im wrong
    It's good to have money and the things that money can buy, but it's good to check up once in a while to make sure you haven't lost the things that money can't buy.

It's better to get a visa extension to the immigration in ur place to avoid unnecessary delays in the end. My Husband was here last Dec 26th-17th Jan was a day overstay so we went to our local immigration for an extension and paid 3,300 pesos its good for another month stay. We've done it twice already, its easy only took few minutes to get. They will give you a certification and receipts to show at the airport immigration when leaving phils.

Quote Originally Posted by tiN View Post
    Im not sure though for the " up to a year visa without having to visit the Immigration Office". But I think there is this visa that you can get right then and there in the immigration if you enter the country with your wife/husband that is a Filipino Citizen, this is called a Balikbayan Visa which is good for up to a year. I think
    Just feel free to correct me if im wrong
    Ah yes ... I believe you're correct, Tin ... I'D forgotten about the Balikbayan Visa. It must've been what I had been thinking of, but just couldn't put a NAME to it! Thanks for keeping me right.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Ah yes ... I believe you're correct, Tin ... I'D forgotten about the Balikbayan Visa. It must've been what I had been thinking of, but just couldn't put a NAME to it! Thanks for keeping me right.
    No worries

Respected Member
    thanks every one for the answers,,,normally it would not be a problem but my wife will not be with me when i go to phil this time , she is working here and i need to go regarding some business with family, if she was with me i would not need the visa as we are married , but as i am travelling without her i do not know if the exemption would apply

thanks
    john

if u are not staying over 58days then u can sort and pay it out in the airport ...but if u will exceed 58days u can go to the Immigration office in manila to pay ur dues

Just been and extended my visa for another 35 days in Manila..Price gone up by 500 peso's..now about 3.850 peso's......and we were told by a very nice official lady that the authorities are now getting very strict about overstayers....so please watch out if planning to do so...

Thread Information