Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My encounter with a filipino pro scammer

well actually all in the last week on a filipino dating site i'm registered with encountered both novice and pro scammer.

on the same week first had contact with a novice scammer

she is 18yr nursing student from zambales, within a few hrs of chatting she expressed her interest for me to visit her in her province sometimes in febuary 2010 which I accepted. on day 2 of chatting she wanted a laptop and asked to bring one for her in febuary, I declined this request and told her my first visit to her is really 'getting to know each other type of visit' and won't be bringing any luxery items such as laptops etc.. to her just yet(due to past experience) if everything will be fine on first visit and she accept me in person and I accept her and make second visit then she can have as many laptops in the world she wants.

Well, soon after bcoz of this she decided i'm a waste of space and stopped contact with me and moved on to the next man which I don't mind as I have successfully managed to weed out someone whose only interest in me is the laptop I will bring to her.

So now to the pro scammer:

on same week while on this dating site and instant message request popped up from a girl 26, apparently she liked my profile and will like to chat, she looks ok so I accepted and we moved over to yahoo messenger.

During our conversation, she sent me 4 other pics of her can't verify if the person in the pics is who I was chatting to as she made an excuse when I asked her to go on webcam.

So she claimed she already been to UK last year, she was invited by her ex-boyfriend to UK on visitor VISA and spent couple of months here, she then said she packed her bags and returned back to phils when she found out her bfriend she was with in UK was cheating on her with another woman. I sais I find this very hard to believe and I said I couldnt understand how a man can go through hassle of travelling to phils to date and filipino woman, get her VISA and bring her to England only to start cheating on her, this I find very hard to believe but she insisted that was what happened. She asked where I live, I said cambridge. Then I asked her where she lived when she was in England, she returned back with huntingdon and said very close to me. It immediately struck me how well she spelled huntingdon correctly even I struggle with correct spelling which make me think she might have quickly typed in google search something like "cities near cambridge" and just copied and pasted one of the result.

Ok, so to cut a long story short, she invited me over to phils and she will also like to visit UK again and would love to come back with me on my first visit to her but first we must arrange her visitors VISA in advance of my visit. So I said sure I'll help out, and aske what can I do to help. I already know what documents is needed to apply for visitors VISA but I asked her what she needs then she listed as below

invitation letter
    bank statements -6 months
    wage slips -6 months
    zoom or western union transfer receipts *

I asked why zoom or western union tranfer receipts, she said it's needed to show I supported her already in phils and will continue to support her if she arrive in England. With this she is giving me hints to send money to her via zoom or western union so we can have the receipt as evidence in VISA application.

now, i'm 100% sure as soon as I send her money via zoom or western union to get the receipt she claim is needed for VISA she will dissappear without trace and grining all the way to the bank, or she might even stay in contact to see if she can milk me more

two reasons I think she is a pro scammer:

1) She cunningly avoided contacting me on the dating site with direct message which I can later use to track her profile and report to site admin for deletion. She used almost untraceable popup IM instead. scammers hate having to keep re-creating profiles after one profile is exposed as scam so her method ensures her profile never get reported to site admin so she can keep using the same profile for years

2) The cunning way she probably used google search to nearly convince me she already been to England and know this cities

what do you all think about her claim using zoom or western union receipts as part of evidence for visitor VISA application?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by blackcat22 View Post
    what do you all think about her claim using zoom or western union receipts as part of evidence for visitor VISA application?
    As proof of support...???

Quite good in fact.

well actually all in the last week on a filipino dating site i'm registered with encountered both novice and pro scammer.

on the same week first had contact with a novice scammer

she is 18yr nursing student from zambales, within a few hrs of chatting she expressed her interest for me to visit her in her province sometimes in febuary 2010 which I accepted. on day 2 of chatting she wanted a laptop and asked to bring one for her in febuary, I declined this request and told her my first visit to her is really 'getting to know each other type of visit' and won't be bringing any luxery items such as laptops etc.. to her just yet(due to past experience) if everything will be fine on first visit and she accept me in person and I accept her and make second visit then she can have as many laptops in the world she wants.

Well, soon after bcoz of this she decided i'm a waste of space and stopped contact with me and moved on to the next man which I don't mind as I have successfully managed to weed out someone whose only interest in me is the laptop I will bring to her.

So now to the pro scammer:

on same week while on this dating site and instant message request popped up from a girl 26, apparently she liked my profile and will like to chat, she looks ok so I accepted and we moved over to yahoo messenger.

During our conversation, she sent me 4 other pics of her can't verify if the person in the pics is who I was chatting to as she made an excuse when I asked her to go on webcam.

So she claimed she already been to UK last year, she was invited by her ex-boyfriend to UK on visitor VISA and spent couple of months here, she then said she packed her bags and returned back to phils when she found out her bfriend she was with in UK was cheating on her with another woman. I sais I find this very hard to believe and I said I couldnt understand how a man can go through hassle of travelling to phils to date and filipino woman, get her VISA and bring her to England only to start cheating on her, this I find very hard to believe but she insisted that was what happened. She asked where I live, I said cambridge. Then I asked her where she lived when she was in England, she returned back with huntingdon and said very close to me. It immediately struck me how well she spelled huntingdon correctly even I struggle with correct spelling which make me think she might have quickly typed in google search something like "cities near cambridge" and just copied and pasted one of the result.

Ok, so to cut a long story short, she invited me over to phils and she will also like to visit UK again and would love to come back with me on my first visit to her but first we must arrange her visitors VISA in advance of my visit. So I said sure I'll help out, and aske what can I do to help. I already know what documents is needed to apply for visitors VISA but I asked her what she needs then she listed as below

invitation letter
    wage slips -6 months

I asked why zoom or western union tranfer receipts, she said it's needed to show I supported her already in phils and will continue to support her if she arrive in England. With this she is giving me hints to send money to her via zoom or western union so we can have the receipt as evidence in VISA application.

now, i'm 100% sure as soon as I send her money via zoom or western union to get the receipt she claim is needed for VISA she will dissappear without trace and grining all the way to the bank, or she might even stay in contact to see if she can milk me more

two reasons I think she is a pro scammer:

1) She cunningly avoided contacting me on the dating site with direct message which I can later use to track her profile and report to site admin for deletion. She used almost untraceable popup IM instead. scammers hate having to keep re-creating profiles after one profile is exposed as scam so her method ensures her profile never get reported to site admin so she can keep using the same profile for years

2) The cunning way she probably used google search to nearly convince me she already been to England and know this cities

that's the real scammer bro don't send any penny to them coz they are smell fishy to me.
    all things are possible!

Respected Member South-east boy's Avatar
    Would what she was proposing work for a visa? As basically she would be applying for it before you would have even met each other as she said about coming back with you after you have gone over there to meet. Would that not flag up to them that she is saying yes, she will come before she's even met you and seen how you get on?

Banned
    It seems to me that they are both looking for the extra gullible "Kano", the one that doesn't ask questions, and believes in fairy stories, and maybe that Elvis is still alive....

Keep on looking.
    And good luck.

Trusted Member
    It will be interesting to know what others think. You are right, of course, to be cynical and seek advice here. However, the student nurse probably has school fees (4000 pesos or over £50/month), semester fees (15000 pesos or £200 twice yearly), books, subsistence, internet access (6000 pesos or £60/month) for the four years leading to a Bachelor of Science in Nursing ; if her family can't support her she will not afford her own laptop. The "pro scammer" knows what documents she needs because she has already been to the UK, and as Aromulus says, Zoom or Western Union receipts are quite good proof of support.
    My main concern is the speed of both these encounters. "Festinare lente" is Latin for "Make haste slowly" ! Get to know the filipinas on Yahoo messenger by all means; you can always delete / block them if they are unsuitable.

Respected Member pacificelectric's Avatar
    If all the suckers from the Western World gave in to this type of request for a laptop, assuredly the Phils would have the highest rate of computer per inhabitant in the whole world. "My sister wants to sell the only computer we have to buy grocery, how can we communicate then??" (that's what I was told long ago by a scammer...)

Well, snail mail works, after all! just two weeks from the Gaisano Mall PO
    to my place here in France!

Seriously don't waste your time, there are enough honest and true Pinays around!

... she can have as *many laptops in the world she wants.
    CAN she, indeed? ... Seeing as you seem to have *SO MANY laptops at your disposal, d'you think I might have one, please?

. I already know what documents is needed to apply for visitors VISA but I asked her what she needs then she listed as below

invitation letter
    wage slips -6 months

surely you can ask her where she visited when she was in Huntingdon ?

as for zoom or western union if your supporting her visit visa app, you need to show what money you have in your bank in the UK, not what money you've given to her or your supporting her your not applying for a fiancée or spouse visa

why do you need to show you have supported her in the phils ?? you need to show you have enough finances in your bank to support her while shes here in the UK , so she will not need recourse to puiblic funds

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    CAN she, indeed? ... Seeing as you seem to have *SO MANY laptops at your disposal, d'you think I might have one, please?
    Arthur you're turning into a scammer

Beware of these scammers. I have heard a lot of stories from my friends saying that they know someone who's a gay that looks like a real woman looking for men to victimized on dating websites and chat rooms. You wouldn't recognize that they're gay because when you see them on webcam, they're really look like a girl, long hair, pretty face and with cleavage. Once they ask for money to send in western union, then you have it. So better be careful and be extra patient and dont fall for someone whom you dont exactly know the background. Just be cautious.

Maybe she has been to Huntingdon, maybe she hasn't, who knows?

But don't get involved.
    The golden rule is never give anything to someone you haven't met, just only your time, if you think the signs are good.

Make sure they use a cam, as it really could be anybody.
    Don't entertain them, if they wont.

The only request a genuine woman will make, is "When are you coming to visit me".

Banned
    Spend enough time on dating sites and its only a matter of time before you'll come across scammers. You'll find most of them operate in the wee small hours (PI time), when the lonely western gents are more likely to be surfing. Get online early morning when the good girls are coming online after work or college.

Anybody mentioning anything to do with money within the first few weeks delete them from your list and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by triple5 View Post
    Anybody mentioning anything to do with money within the first few weeks delete them from your list and move on.
    shouldnt that be the first 5 mins,if they take a few weeks asking for money then i wouldnt suggest there pro scammers
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post
    shouldnt that be the first 5 mins,if they take a few weeks asking for money then i wouldnt suggest there pro scammers
    yep you're right mate. i got scammed after almost a year of chatting + one visit, so you never can tell. They should have an acadamy awards category for some of these ladies

yep you're right mate. i got scammed after almost a year of chatting + one visit, so you never can tell. They should have an acadamy awards category for some of these ladies
    maybe it took that long to open your wallet but then again some girls chat to so many guys at once,im surprised they remember everybody

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post
    maybe it took that long to open your wallet
    That was pretty quick for me tbh And it was only coz it was an emergency - her father's, cousin's, niece's, uncle's carabou was sick

When you're a full member on a dating site, it gets a little tiresome of all the ones trying to chat to you, especially when they don't really know how to make conversation or say much on their profile. I was a bit more selective in who I was looking for in that I wanted someone who had a job, had qualifications, wasn't too young, made an effort with their profile & what they said + seemed friendly, caring, honest and made an effort when sending me messages. So many just want the easy way of chatting on web-cam and don't like to put in too much effort.

It is a shame that there are so many scammers, but there are scammers all over the world, even here in the Uk.
    I have not needed to use dating sites as I met my Mahal in Singapore while at a convention, but in the 7 months that we were apart and only communicating by phone and internet/webcam she never asked me for a penny.A few of you might know, I have just returned from the Philippines after my first visit to her home, and again she asked me for nothing, just my love. Of course I treated my Mahal and her family to a few days out and some lovely food, but it felt right and I wanted to.
    Take time to find the 'beautiful, genuine' ladies on your dating site, they will be there, just be cautious.
    Your story echos with another friend of mine, who is being plagued by a lady who keeps telling him that her grandmother needs medical care and she needs money. Now it could well be true.....but I told him to move on. I think you just need to be hard, you will know when it is right, you'll feel it.

Steve

Banned
    I was a bit more selective in who I was looking for in that I wanted someone who had a job, had qualifications, wasn't too young, made an effort with their profile & what they said + seemed friendly, caring, honest and made an effort when sending me messages.
    Did you find that needle in the haystack? From the little time I spent on such sites those type of girls are few and far between.

Sorry to hear what happened after you spent all that time and money while knowing her, especially with flying to see her. Looking back where there any signs that she might not have been genuine that you missed or dismissed at the time?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by South-east boy View Post
    Sorry to hear what happened after you spent all that time and money while knowing her, especially with flying to see her. Looking back where there any signs that she might not have been genuine that you missed or dismissed at the time?
    Cheers, but it was all worth it. through her brother-in-law I met somebody very special, and yeh there were plenty of signs there. I'd like to think it was my destiny, that my subconscious was inadvertently leading me to somebody better, but it's probably more a case of me just being a naive fool

Did you find that needle in the haystack? From the little time I spent on such sites those type of girls are few and far between.
    I think so, but have yet to meet her, but want to as soon as I can-just that the current economy has affected my pay quite a bit, so is making it a lot harder for me to get out there. It did take me about 7 months on & off the sites to find her though. I used to get so many messages from girls that just said 'Hi!' and like I said don't really have any info on their profile about themselves. I think that more genuine people will put in the time for you if they like you rather than someone that can send a 100 messages to 100 guys just saying 'Hi!'

Cheers, but it was all worth it. through her brother-in-law I met somebody very special, and yeh there were plenty of signs there. I'd like to think it was my destiny, that my subconscious was inadvertently leading me to somebody better, but it's probably more a case of me just being a naive fool
    That's good that through a wrong one, that you found the right one, Funny how things work out! If it works out with Suzie and me, then I guess it will have been a little similar as well.

Quote Originally Posted by South-east boy View Post
    I think so, but have yet to meet her, but want to as soon as I can-just that the current economy has affected my pay quite a bit, so is making it a lot harder for me to get out there. It did take me about 7 months on & off the sites to find her though. I used to get so many messages from girls that just said 'Hi!' and like I said don't really have any info on their profile about themselves. I think that more genuine people will put in the time for you if they like you rather than someone that can send a 100 messages to 100 guys just saying 'Hi!'
    maybe they get bored filling in a good profile only to be diappointed by the contact they have made

i have to admit trawling the internet to find someone took a few years but i was only casually looking and you do get many contacting you,it can become a drag

thats why you need to be fussy

The thing is just because a lady asks a guy for money doesnt necessarily(did I spell that right?Its always one of those words that flummox me)mean she is a scammer,hard times makes people do things totally out of character,you have to have been there and experienced it to appreciate it,here in the UK if we take a fall we mostly land on a thick shag-pile carpet,over there its a cold bare-packed earth floor,your never going to starve to death or die from lack of medical care in the UK,in pinas its sometimes a distinct possibility your going to go to bed with an empty stomach.
    As for women,truthfully,if you meet your woman online your limiting yourself.I have in 20 years probably had relationships of one form or another and of varying durations with quite a number of pinays,havent met a single one online,met them in differing social environments,if your going why fix up several to meetA lot of these ladies are also playing the game because of sex-hunters,loads of guys get onto dating sites and arrange to meet 6-7-8-15 or whatever number of women in their months vacation with the intention of bedding as many as possible,swings and roundabouts,pinays here get bad rep for scamming for cash,western guys there get equally bad rep as palikeros Swim with the sharks expect to get bitten,and some of those "Pinay" dating sites sound like a carcharadon feeding frenzy

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Better add I have an Armani jacket hanging in the passage,and was offered a free flight to Pinas,both gifts,they arent all after your cash,some pinays could buy and sell you and me twice over,they just dont visit online dating sites thats all

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

does it really matter why they ask for money or guys want sex.

you dont see many posting here that a filipina keeps giving the guys money for there trip to see them

As you yourself said BAB................."You need to be fussy" I never accepted the flight but the offer was genuine

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    The thing is just because a lady asks a guy for money doesnt necessarily(did I spell that right?Its always one of those words that flummox me)mean she is a scammer,hard times makes people do things totally out of character,you have to have been there and experienced it to appreciate it,here in the UK if we take a fall we mostly land on a thick shag-pile carpet,over there its a cold bare-packed earth floor,your never going to starve to death or die from lack of medical care in the UK,in pinas its sometimes a distinct possibility your going to go to bed with an empty stomach.
    As for women,truthfully,if you meet your woman online your limiting yourself.I have in 20 years probably had relationships of one form or another and of varying durations with quite a number of pinays,havent met a single one online,met them in differing social environments,if your going why fix up several to meetA lot of these ladies are also playing the game because of sex-hunters,loads of guys get onto dating sites and arrange to meet 6-7-8-15 or whatever number of women in their months vacation with the intention of bedding as many as possible,swings and roundabouts,pinays here get bad rep for scamming for cash,western guys there get equally bad rep as palikeros

That word always gets me too!

I guess it wouldn't be so bad if when they did ask for money, that you knew that it was genuine, it's just that we know a lot of them are not and they make things harder for the genuine ones. Things would be easier if everyone told the truth! Did anyone see that film recently at the cinema?!

Most girls that I've gone out with or had dates with have been from dating sites. It's not really the way that I would have liked to have met them, but it's not easy for me to meet possible partners. I don't work with many people and the ones that I do are older and married etc, most friends are coupled up or work shift work, so I don't have many single friends to go out with socialising when there might be a possibility of meeting someone. I'm also fairly quiet/shy so not so great at meeting & chatting to girls that I don't know!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information