Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: ILR approved

ILR approved

Hi, I posted my ilr application Sept. 21 and tnx to GOD! I recieved the successful result Dec. 04. wE're so pleased yeppeyyyyyyyy!
    BUT my passport has a problem coz in my Permanent Residence they used my surname when I was a single instead of my married surname. I was and my hubby said to me calm down the important is u got ur PR.
    Anyway, my hubby phoned the HO and they said I need to sent my passport back to them...

and

yes the lunatics at lunar house can't even manage to get your surname right

well they managed to send me a letter saying i was applying for A VISA instead of my stepson

Congratulations!!! what are the specific documents you submitted??? Hope you don't mind me asking.....Thanks

congratulations!

i think you can now start claiming benefits, hehehe!
    with a heart full of love, you will express your highest potential while also fulfilling your soul's deepest purpose:
    TO LOVE AND BE LOVED!

Quote Originally Posted by aug06_2006 View Post
    Hi, I posted my ilr application Sept. 21 and tnx to GOD! I recieved the successful result Dec. 04. wE're so pleased yeppeyyyyyyyy!
    BUT my passport has a problem coz in my Permanent Residence they used my surname when I was a single instead of my married surname. I was and my hubby said to me calm down the important is u got ur PR.
    Anyway, my hubby phoned the HO and they said I need to sent my passport back to them...
    Congratulations on being granted your ILR. My wife's passport, too, was issued in her maiden name ... and is valid until September 2013 ... on the understanding she would arrange to have it updated in the UK. So I imagine the Home Office simply requires yours for amendment ... now that you have 'permanent residency'.

Quote Originally Posted by islander View Post
    congratulations!

i think you can now start claiming benefits, hehehe!
    and start complaining about all these foreigners coming into the country

btw congrats
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

OI Lisa at last ...happy for you well done
    LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL

thank u guys! What happen is first I applied my FLR and after my FLR was granted I applied for passport ammendment. What I though maybe they just copied of what they written in my flr. maybe sometimes they are just idiot!!!!!!!!!!!

well done for your ilr shame i couldn't say the same to ukba who issued your visa. some job's worth eh? oh well i hope you get your passport back soon with the right name on it.
    "Success is not about how much money you have; it's about the choices you can make in life"

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite78 View Post
    well done for your ilr shame i couldn't say the same to ukba who issued your visa. some job's worth eh? oh well i hope you get your passport back soon with the right name on it.
    tnx aphrodite! today I got back my passport in my right name. The HO they asked a apologies of the error hehehe! Anyway, we're so very happy now!

Smile hi

hi my name is mhichelle, congratz your ilr was approved.
    Anyway,can i ask you a question?when did you submit your ilr application?
    I am a bit confused when will i submit mine, i already passed the life in the uk test and my spouse visa was issued august 2008 and will expire on november 2010, can you help me?thanks...

I sent my ILR application on 02 Oct 2009. I got my ILR on 23 Dec 2009 (issued on 17 Dec). A very nice Christmas gift for me!

We wish everybody here a very happy new year!

Quote Originally Posted by mhic-mhic View Post
    hi my name is mhichelle, congratz your ilr was approved.
    Anyway,can i ask you a question?when did you submit your ilr application?
    I am a bit confused when will i submit mine, i already passed the life in the uk test and my spouse visa was issued august 2008 and will expire on november 2010, can you help me?thanks...
    need to know the date when you entered the uk, but in basic terms once you've been in the uk 23 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Durkhaima View Post
    I sent my ILR application on 02 Oct 2009. I got my ILR on 23 Dec 2009 (issued on 17 Dec). A very nice Christmas gift for me!

We wish everybody here a very happy new year!
    nearly 3 months , what is going on , it use to take around 4wks for nearly everyone not long ago

Hi

A filipina friend of mines application took 6months. And she and her husband had to go to Sheffield for interview.

But one thing is common in both pplications, they took £820 off as soon as they received the applications :P

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    need to know the date when you entered the uk, but in basic terms once you've been in the uk 23 months.

nearly 3 months , what is going on , it use to take around 4wks for nearly everyone not long ago
    Well done to Aug06_2006 must of been a great Xmas gift

Im guessing more people are applying from what i saw at the PEO the same department seemed to have various applicants with very different cases in the same waiting room, some with coimplicated cases and were sat at the windows for ages while others like My Wife and I swamped them with evidence and done all by the book so not taking so long. But still a lot of paperwork and filing it seemed.

It does seem from the randomly different times people have experienced in waiting, that where your application lands in the pile and whose desk does seem to make a difference sadly.

While the Wifes Citzenship seemed to take ages her passport application seemed to be processed in minimum amount of time possible Again possiblyt the liverpool offices of the UKBA are flooded with work while the reading passport office seemed to be far far quieter..
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

Quote Originally Posted by aug06_2006 View Post
    hi lisa same as mine still got my maiden name on my ILR,but i dont think we got any problem with that...well
    congrats
    and happy new year

No need to change your surname/family name to your husbands and if a British agency says you must but you still wish to use your own surname then send in a complaint and watch them run for cover.
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

Thread Information