Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access)

Filipino girl searching a job in UK

Hi everybody

This is my very first post on this forum.

I am french myself and I my girlfriend is filipino.
    She is curently living in Philippines, and would like to work abroad to support her family.
    UK would be a great place as we would both be much nearer than right now, and I could visit her more often or even move myself in UK.
    But I'm afraid it's complicated for her to be able to work in UK.
    We both decided to not marry yet, as it is a bit too early.

She is graduated in Hotel and Restaurant Management and has 2 years of working experience.

But we don't know if it's possible and what is required.

Could you please give us information and advices ?

Thanks

Hi fen,welcome to the forum This might be an obvious question but why doesnt she move to france to be closer to you

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by fenrirjk View Post
    Hi everybody

This is my very first post on this forum.

I am french myself and I my girlfriend is filipino.
    She is curently living in Philippines, and would like to work abroad to support her family.
    UK would be a great place as we would both be much nearer than right now, and I could visit her more often or even move myself in UK.
    But I'm afraid it's complicated for her to be able to work in UK.
    We both decided to not marry yet, as it is a bit too early.

She is graduated in Hotel and Restaurant Management and has 2 years of working experience.

But we don't know if it's possible and what is required.

Could you please give us information and advices ?

Thanks
    Welcome to the forum. Without wishing to disillusion either of you, I have to point out that ... even taking into account your girlfriend's qualifications ... it could prove rather difficult to obtain a job in her chosen field at present, due to the economic recession. Certainly she would need a work permit to come to the UK for this purpose in the first place.

Having said that, I can appreciate the logic behind such a move, given the close proximity to France ... and, with this in mind, it might be worthwhile awaiting a more accurate assessment from someone here with more knowledge of the employment situation than myself, since I'm now retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Hi fen,welcome to the forum This might be an obvious question but why doesnt she move to france to be closer to you
    good point,TAWI2.anyway,welcome aboard

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Hi Tawi,

France would be much better of course but the problem is the language.
    She would have to learn french to find a work in France, it would take some time. And financially she cannot really afford it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Welcome to the forum. Without wishing to disillusion either of you, I have to point out that ... even taking into account your girlfriend's qualifications ... it could prove rather difficult to obtain a job in her chosen field at present, due to the economic recession. Certainly she would need a work permit to come to the UK for this purpose in the first place.

Having said that, I can appreciate the logic behind such a move, given the close proximity to France ... and, with this in mind, it might be worthwhile awaiting a more accurate assessment from someone here with more knowledge of the employment situation than myself, since I'm now retired.
    Hi Arthur Little,

Thanks for the aswer, you unfortunately confirmed what I read before.
    It seems to be difficult, but does it mean impossible ?

Respected Member South-east boy's Avatar
    Hello and welcome here! My girlfriend is also in the Philippines and would like to work here too. I have seen teaching jobs that she could do here in London if she gained a certain qualification (that she could do in 1 month full time or 3 months part time in UK or Cebu), but unfortunately as things have tightened up over here with immigration I can't see a way that she would be able to come here.

Here's a link to the British Home-office website for you on what is required to work here: http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/workingintheuk/

Where about's in France do you live? As I've been there quite a few times and travelled around a fair bit.

What do you think about this offer.
    http://jobs.workpermit.com/employee/...?jobs_vid=1069

I sent a mail, but it smells like scam.

here is the answer I got:

Ok you can follow this way to apply for workpermit visa ok..

Below is the account list that was given by Work Permit Solutions for the processing of your HSMP visa:

Consultancy / Courier Fees £431
    Fedex Couier Fee £677
    Accomodation Fee £1200

Total £ 2,308

We need you to provide us the required documents below so that we can be able to open your savings account has to
    enable us to remit your £2,308 spent for the visa processing and also for the refundment of the flight ticket, also
    this will be the account where we will be paying your salary into.

1) 1 Copy of your Passport size photo-2 x 2 inch

2) 1 Copy of your Right Hand Finger Print

3) Scan Copy Of Your Signature

4) 2 diffrent types of Coloured Picture ( full photograph )

5) Copy of the Biographic Data page of your travelling Passport

6) Scan Copy of your ID card

Kindly attach the aboved mentioned documents to your next email, and you are required to submit the amount total
    £700 account opening fee with the given information below, and the fee must be transfered via Moneygram transfer.

Note that the £700 will be in your account until your arraival when you will be receiving your Master Card / Debit Card
    associated with the account.

We have delayed the courier processing due to the reason that we have to attached the copy of the account opening form to the
    package that will be sent across to you by Work Permit Solutions.

Use this details for transfer.

Name: GEORGE MOORE
    Address: 33 OLD BROAD STREET LONDON EC2 N1HZ UNITED KINGDOM.

Kindly send us the information from Moneygram with the required document in your next email.

Looking forward to your arraival as a new staff.
    It really smells like scam...

What do you think about this job offer ?
    http://jobs.workpermit.com/employee/...?jobs_vid=1069

It was looking good until I just got an answer, and now it smells like scam.

Ok you can follow this way to apply for workpermit visa ok..

Below is the account list that was given by Work Permit Solutions for the processing of your HSMP visa:

Fedex Couier Fee £677
    Accomodation Fee £1200

Total £ 2,308

We need you to provide us the required documents below so that we can be able to open your savings account has to
    enable us to remit your £2,308 spent for the visa processing and also for the refundment of the flight ticket, also
    this will be the account where we will be paying your salary into.

1) 1 Copy of your Passport size photo-2 x 2 inch

2) 1 Copy of your Right Hand Finger Print

3) Scan Copy Of Your Signature

4) 2 diffrent types of Coloured Picture ( full photograph )

5) Copy of the Biographic Data page of your travelling Passport

6) Scan Copy of your ID card

Kindly attach the aboved mentioned documents to your next email, and you are required to submit the amount total
    £700 account opening fee with the given information below, and the fee must be transfered via Moneygram transfer.

Note that the £700 will be in your account until your arraival when you will be receiving your Master Card / Debit Card
    associated with the account.

We have delayed the courier processing due to the reason that we have to attached the copy of the account opening form to the
    package that will be sent across to you by Work Permit Solutions.

Use this details for transfer.

Name: GEORGE MOORE
    Address: 33 OLD BROAD STREET LONDON EC2 N1HZ UNITED KINGDOM.

Kindly send us the information from Moneygram with the required document in your next email.

Looking forward to your arraival as a new staff.

Yours Sincerely

Jecky Loy

Banned
    What do you think about this job offer ?

It was looking good until I just got an answer, and now it smells like scam.

Scam....!!!!!!!!!!!

Fedex Couier Fee £677
    Accomodation Fee £1200

Total £ 2,308

for hsmp - it's not even called that any more its tier1. you need a minimum of a masters degree to apply, its points based to, so unless your g/f is young and had a good paid job in the phils then shes has little chance.

courier fees/fedex fees

and paying £40 an hour , well that gives it away, because to get a work permit the job has to be advertised in the uk, and any brits or Europeans would be first in the queue. and at £40 an hour i think it would be a long queue

Do you think it would be easier in Ireland or Scotland ?

Respected Member
    Do you think it would be easier in Ireland or Scotland ?
    Anywhere in the UK would be the same (England/Scotland/Northern Ireland/Wales).

Republic of Ireland (Southern Ireland/Eire) has different rules, though I doubt it will be any easier.

Thread Information