Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Re: UK Passports

Hi Guys,

Just got my daughter's british passport today, and thank you for all the peeps who give us info's, can't thank you enough, cheers

But I've also noticed that on her British Passport on the NAME how come its my daughter's name and my maiden surname

Is it bcoz on her Phil Birth Cert. it says NAME MIDDLE NAME SURNAME
    and here in UK if u says middle name its their second name not the mother's maiden surname.

Do i have to call IPS again to say her name is this and the ---- is my maiden surname???

Or its all OK and No problems in the future

Pls Help guys need info on this cheers!

[QUOTE=Tiggers0608;177321
    :
    and here in UK if u says middle name its their second name not the mother's maiden surname.

Do i have to call IPS again to say her name is this and the ---- is my maiden surname???

[/QUOTE]

i dont know why you ladies get this wrong

my wife calls herself mrs mary cruz smith when her name is mrs mary simth,your maiden name isnt a second name and looks like a double surname.

you should have your daughters name on the passport in which she was given at birth.
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggers0608 View Post

Hi Guys,

Just got my daughter's british passport today, and thank you for all the peeps who give us info's, can't thank you enough, cheers

But I've also noticed that on her British Passport on the NAME how come its my daughter's name and my maiden surname

Sometimes its really complicated isnt it? I would suggest phone them. In my case i use my surname when i was single as my middle name here

James is using my husbands surname not mine in her passport but then again he was born here it makes thing easier for them to understand. Ohh next for John you know what im fed up with all this paper things nevermind it will end soon

Hope you will get it sorted.
    LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL

hello

Hi Guys,

hi,
    well done if you are confusing just inquire,my sons passport was hes name then my surname when im not yet married then husband surname ,just ring them pet xxxx anyway congrats

Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post
    i dont know why you ladies get this wrong

my wife calls herself mrs mary cruz smith when her name is mrs mary simth,your maiden name isnt a second name and looks like a double surname.

you should have your daughters name on the passport in which she was given at birth.
    Hi bornatbirth, nah we don't think our middle name is our second name coz we all know its our maiden surname lol , but the problem is on our Birth certificate is our maiden name is our middle name, so when we go to other countries like this they mistake it for our second name

i guess philippines needs to changed the BC to be applicable to other countries

Quote Originally Posted by Ann07 View Post
    Sometimes its really complicated isnt it? I would suggest phone them. In my case i use my surname when i was single as my middle name here

James is using my husbands surname not mine in her passport but then again he was born here it makes thing easier for them to understand. Ohh next for John you know what im fed up with all this paper things nevermind it will end soon

Hope you will get it sorted.
    Thanks Ann, yeah i know its a bit confusing coz our maiden surname is our middle name here

Quote Originally Posted by sarahlee View Post
    hi,
    well done if you are confusing just inquire,my sons passport was hes name then my surname when im not yet married then husband surname ,just ring them pet xxxx anyway congrats

Hi Sarahlee, thanks, as long it will not be a problem i guess its ok , did u call them too and changed ur sons name on his brit passport?

Hi Sarahlee, thanks, as long it will not be a problem i guess its ok , did u call them too and changed ur sons name on his brit passport?
    hi tiggers0608,
    no i didnt ring already coz i think its right for sons passport they only include my surname at the middle of his name then the srname of my husband,yah little bit confusing tigger,you can sort it soon pet

Quote Originally Posted by sarahlee View Post
    hi tiggers0608,
    no i didnt ring already coz i think its right for sons passport they only include my surname at the middle of his name then the srname of my husband,yah little bit confusing tigger,you can sort it soon pet
    hi thanks sarah , I ask my step son and he said his passport is the same,his name then his mum surname as his middlename then his dad's surname, so i guess its ok and no bothered to call the IPS he he he, thanks for all ur help

Banned

Hi Guys,

hello there may i ask the doc..you have submitted in geting englishh passort for your daugher.am also doing the same in few weeks ..please help me
    thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Ross View Post
    hello there may i ask the doc..you have submitted in geting englishh passort for your daugher.am also doing the same in few weeks ..please help me
    thank you
    Hi Ross

I just applied for my wee boy John his Filipino and British Passport here in the UK. Since you are in the PI you should go to the embassy i would say. SHayla a member here had discussed and shared here experience in getting her daughters passport there in the PI. Just use the search function:xxgrinning-
    -00xx3:

Goodluck
    LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann07 View Post
    Hi Ross

I just applied for my wee boy John his Filipino and British Passport here in the UK. Since you are in the PI you should go to the embassy i would say. SHayla a member here had discussed and shared here experience in getting her daughters passport there in the PI. Just use the search function:xxgrinning-
    -00xx3:

Goodluck
    thank you Ann but so much better if we know from the actual and recent people who just recently applied with..you know what i mean..freshly from the oven like lol....so i still need Tiggers0608 opnion or advice..

thank you
    Hi Ross,

The docs that i've submitted are:

2pcs Child's Picture
    Child's Philippine Birth Certificate
    Child's Philippine Passport (Used when she entered UK)
    Parent's Marriage Certificate
    Father's British Passport
    British Passport application forms

It cost almost £60 all in all

Hope that will help and good luck, it will only take 2-3 weeks

thank you Ann but so much better if we know from the actual and recent people who just recently applied with..you know what i mean..freshly from the oven like lol....so i still need Tiggers0608 opnion or advice..
    I think she is in the uk now and applied the passports here
    LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL

Banned
    Hi Ross,

The docs that i've submitted are:

2pcs Child's Picture
    Child's Philippine Birth Certificate
    Child's Philippine Passport (Used when she entered UK)
    Parent's Marriage Certificate
    Father's British Passport
    British Passport application forms

It cost almost £60 all in all

Hope that will help and good luck, it will only take 2-3 weeks
    thank you so much for the reply, do they need to see husband old passport? or is it ok the recent/current passport..
    where you from here in PH? how old is your daughter, mine is 2 and 1 year old boy and girl ..did you register her or just applied only with english pasort..i know the payment is diffrent when we register our child aside from 60 pound..
    when ddi you apply..this month?

thank you so much for the reply, do they need to see husband old passport? or is it ok the recent/current passport..
    where you from here in PH? how old is your daughter, mine is 2 and 1 year old boy and girl ..did you register her or just applied only with english pasort..i know the payment is diffrent when we register our child aside from 60 pound..
    when ddi you apply..this month?
    Hi,
    I think they only need the recent british passport.
    I'm from Caloocan and here in scotland now
    My daughter is 4 now.
    We didn't register her, we only applied a british passport for her.
    We applied for her UK passport last month ... Sept
    It was 3 weeks waiting some only takes 2 weeks

Good luck on your application

Hi Ross, i forgot to ask you if your in the Phils or in UK now, coz I applied for my daughter's british passport here in UK.

If your still in the phils you should go to the UK embassy to apply for your kids british passports and the requirements are different there than applying here in UK

Try checking the requirements of applying british passport for your kids on the UK embassy website for PH or try calling them.

Hope that helps, good luck

Respected Member
    Spain since 1988. My wife has been here since June 2006
    Whats in a name ?

Its all very simple.

In UK one can change their name, for any reason they wish, thus one is not obliged to have any particular name in their passport.

I changed my first name and surname 30 years ago. I did it under Common Law. That meant all I had to do is say I had changed it. No legal paperwork at all, no fees.

When I next applied for a passport I submitted my birth cert, in my birth name (that can never be changed) and the person who countersigned my passport, in my case a police officer, merely added that he had known me for x years and that as of x/xx/1989 I had changed my name to John Carrington.

The new passport showed only that name.

Many years earlier when I married in UK, my wife had, all her life, been called Maura Tresa, which was different from her Birth cert. Mary Theresa. In the application for the marriage cert. I registered my wife in the name she was known by i.e. Maura Tresa. Her passport was subsequently applied for and issued in that name.

It is a common misunderstanding in UK that a woman must change her surname to that of her husband's on marriage. Again that is not so. Mary Brown can still be Mary Brown after she is marries Mr Green. Their children could Bill Brown and Lisa Green.

Incidentally in Spain a women does not and cannot Change her name on Marriage. Their children have the double surname, the first surname of her husband, the second the mothers' first surname thus,

Juan Dias Moreno marries Elena Gonzales Morales.
    Their children surnames are Dias Gonzales.

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Hi John et al,

It's Dave here living in Extremadura with my wife Cecille ...

On marriage my wife Cecille Padillo changed her name to Cecille Padillo Smith, my surname is Smith.

So our children would be callled Smith Padillo?

David Michael Smith (British) married to Cecille Padillo Smith (Filipina) have a daughter for example called Sarah Smith Padillo... Is this correct?

Dave and Cecille

Respected Member
    If you were Spanish nationals I guess that must be so, that you are not, then maybe some latitude would be allowed.

In Elaine's (my wife) case, she originally did not have my surname Carrington on her residencia nor Filipino passport, which had been issued before the marriage.

After arriving in Spain we went to the Philippines Consulate and they changed the name in her Filipino passport so that she had her maiden name Gonzales and my surname.

The new Residencia shows Gonzales Carrington as her surnames.

Quote Originally Posted by pendeen560 View Post
    Hi John et al,

It's Dave here living in Extremadura with my wife Cecille ...

On marriage my wife Cecille Padillo changed her name to Cecille Padillo Smith, my surname is Smith.

So our children would be callled Smith Padillo?

David Michael Smith (British) married to Cecille Padillo Smith (Filipina) have a daughter for example called Sarah Smith Padillo... Is this correct?

Dave and Cecille
    Hi , I believe your daughter's name will be .......... Sarah Padillo Smith

Respected Member
    Hi , I believe your daughter's name will be .......... Sarah Padillo Smith
    This is a quote from the interbet:-

"In Spain, the relevant rules are to be found essentially in Articles 108 and 109 of the Civil Code. The general and traditional rule is that each child born to a married couple bears a double surname, composed of the first element of the father’s surname followed by the first element of the mother’s surname. In 1999, Article 109 was amended to allow parents the possibility to choose, before the birth of their first child, to give all their children a surname comprising those same elements but in reverse order, so that the first element of the mother’s surname comes first."

Thus more usually the children would be called Smith Padillo

Quote Originally Posted by johncar54 View Post
    This is a quote from the interbet:-

"In Spain, the relevant rules are to be found essentially in Articles 108 and 109 of the Civil Code. The general and traditional rule is that each child born to a married couple bears a double surname, composed of the first element of the father’s surname followed by the first element of the mother’s surname. In 1999, Article 109 was amended to allow parents the possibility to choose, before the birth of their first child, to give all their children a surname comprising those same elements but in reverse order, so that the first element of the mother’s surname comes first."

Thus more usually the children would be called Smith Padillo
    I guess different country have their own rules

Respected Member
    I guess different country have their own rules
    Yes they do, that's why Pendeen560, who lives on Spain, asked what happens in Spain.

hi thanks sarah , I ask my step son and he said his passport is the same,his name then his mum surname as his middlename then his dad's surname, so i guess its ok and no bothered to call the IPS he he he, thanks for all ur help
    your welcome tiggers0608 yap i think there is no problem,then your residency nxt,well done x lol

Banned
    Hi Ross, i forgot to ask you if your in the Phils or in UK now, coz I applied for my daughter's british passport here in UK.

If your still in the phils you should go to the UK embassy to apply for your kids british passports and the requirements are different there than applying here in UK

Try checking the requirements of applying british passport for your kids on the UK embassy website for PH or try calling them.

Hope that helps, good luck
    im still in the Philippines..need to apply togther with my spouse visa soon i hope..

I'm about to apply my son's British passport soon, hope I won't commit any mistakes...

Well, as for me, my 2nd name is now my Maiden name (well, I didnt know that the system is different here) hehe.

im still in the Philippines..need to apply togther with my spouse visa soon i hope..
    Ross good luck on your visa application and your kids british passport application.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay&Zobel View Post
    I'm about to apply my son's British passport soon, hope I won't commit any mistakes...

Well, as for me, my 2nd name is now my Maiden name (well, I didnt know that the system is different here) hehe.
    Good luck on your son's british passport application

Banned

Hi Guys,

Wish you are now enlighted by your child passport. I have no idea 'Tol.
    Goodluck!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information