Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Talking Re-VA4 and Passport

My wife is now ready to apply for our sons british passport. Already she s feeling abit stressed and worried . Anyway she tells me that i need to send the Original passport . Is thsi coorect? I did speak to DHL for quick delivery but they state passports cannot be sent by any post? HELP

Second question is we are also ready to apply for her Spouse Visa but deanna tells me this will confuse things as documents for our sons passport would be required for the VA4 appliucation. Is it possible to do both at same time. I realise that vfs and embassy are in seperate areas of manila.

Thanks for any advice

rON

As far as I know the British Embassy in Manila will accept copies (good quality scans) when it comes to documents such as passports which are issued in the UK because it's quite easy for them to check using the passport number to make sure it's genuine. When my wife applied for her spouse visa, she submitted good quality colour scans of my passport and they accepted that OK so I can't see how they would apply one rule when applying for a visa and another when applying for a childs passport.
    Iain.

Thanks for that. I am trying to convince my wife that it may be possible for us to do child passport and visa at the same time to avoid delay. I know its sepertate parts of Manila . If anyone as done this id apreciate your help

Quote Originally Posted by ron View Post
    Thanks for that. I am trying to convince my wife that it may be possible for us to do child passport and visa at the same time to avoid delay. I know its sepertate parts of Manila . If anyone as done this id apreciate your help
    It might be worth sending them an email to clarify if they will in fact accept a scanned copy of your passport. With regard to visas the address is ManilaVisaEnquiries@fco.gov.uk I'm not sure which address is correct fo passport enquiries but you could try either uk@info.com.ph which is the information section, or DLManila-Consprotect@fco.gov.uk which is for the consular section.
    Iain.

Thanks Iain for the help. Maybe i can ask if my wife can also apply for her VISA at the same time. Im sure this can be done. It also saves on paying out for 2 flights to Manila

Ron

Thread Information