Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Florge View Post
    not improper... but illegal.. kung makalusot, why not right? these are the things that make Pinas "shi**y" ... with all these kurakot... but then, on the brighter side, that wedding you witnessed can be a good subject for annullment.. di na sila magkaka-problema... at least they can point that out as a reason ...
    that's good news for my friend then and I hope you will not report my uncle doing that procedure
    thanks for enlightening Florge

Quote Originally Posted by Sim11UK View Post
    I think the problem is more Ladybugs parents wouldn't be too happy with that situation....just trying to find a happy medium.

Whatever happens, we'll be married
    Quote Originally Posted by trader dave View Post
    compromise compromise thats the main thing you are getting married
    I agree..
    Goodluck!
    Don't make promises when you are in JOY. Don't reply when you are SAD.
    Don't take decisions when you are ANGRY. Think twice, Act wise. BE happy.

Thanks everyone from both of us.

Be back here now.... my bug fall asleep this time after eating of chicken neck and chicken legs for dinner.. he said yuckkkkkss... just need to say thanks to all the opinions you shared all on here.. for now it is seem to be ok when he is here with me.. We meet there in Manila and went to the Embassy changing his CNI ... I didn't think that they need my CENOMAR for that time as we don't have any idea but glad to bring it too so we have done on there for only half an hour to wait.. we've done some papers for pass few days at registrar and have a seminar for family planning too no need to paid a big amount on it as they only gave us a special counseling for 10 to 15 minutes just give donation after then you can stroll while waiting the certificate of the seminar and while waiting for the certificate of license too just 10 days including Saturday and Sunday ....well, things to be done as we are now waiting for the raffling tomorrow afternoon and still we hope that we can get a nice judge to handle the wedding ... wish us all luck

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by IainBusby View Post
    My wife and I were married by a judge and we got married at Kings Haven which is now Kingstone Lodge not in the judge's chambers.
    Iain.
    yup.. because you paid extra for the Judge... aka bribe

Quote Originally Posted by Ladybug_sim View Post

Anyone experiences on this matter when they do there wedding here in Cagayan de Oro? your opinion is highly appreciated ... thanks

Sim and ladybug

got married in davao, civil weding. Went to a regional trial court, approached a judge to minister it privately outside with our choice of location, paid 8000 php for an hour service and that also includes the filing of the document in the national statistic office (NSO).

Well, we entered ourselves into the raffle & low & behold, the judge who was appointed to us, could only marry us on monday or wednesday at the Chambers of Justice.
    Not much good, seeing we had booked our wedding for a thursday.

We had to write a letter, to remove us from their lists...we really didn't want to play their game & have to pay them, it would have left a sour taste in our mouths.

Plan B...We went to see the now banned from the forum Mrs.Trader Dave...She took us to see the protestant pastor, who married her & Dave...What a character he is...3 months short of 80...At one point, Mrs T & I had to massage his back, in the lawyers office, to wind him as he had terrible heartburn. ...He was sure he was going to be called upstairs, before our wedding.

We have to say a big thank you to Mr & Mrs Trader Dave, Mrs. T gave up a lot of time to help us. Her young son, was bible bearer at our wedding.

In summary, if you just want a quick simple civil wedding, then the judge system might suit you...If you want to get married at the venue & date of your choice, you need to do your homework....This is certainly the case in the CDO area.

Sim & Ladybug

.She took us to see the protestant pastor, who married her & Dave...What a character he is...3 months short of 80...At one point, Mrs T & I had to massage his back, in the lawyers office, to wind him as he had terrible heartburn. ...He was sure he was going to be called upstairs, before our wedding.
    tell me about it , the judge who married me and the misses is a friend of her moms, non stop jokes, and then she said "time for the most important part of the wedding... the food"

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    tell me about it , the judge who married me and the misses is a friend of her moms, non stop jokes, and then she said "time for the most important part of the wedding... the food"

I'm not joking here, during the ceremony, the pastor suddenly started talking about 'Dunkin Donuts'. ...It only happens in the Philippines.

[QUOTE=Ladybug_sim;170085]Hi! Guys,

I have some question on here about getting the judges for the wedding. Is it really need that the judges will be the one to give the date of your wedding? I sorted things and it is our problem here for now because we just fix the date of our wedding this coming October.. as they said they change the policy and we need to follow their new policy for getting judges after submitting the papers they do a raffles on it and after the raffling we will know who's judge will handle the wedding then it is the time we will know when the wedding date is as he/ she is the one giving it.. it is so frustrating to think so far from now as we didn't expected it.

Anyone experiences on this matter when they do there wedding here in Cagayan de Oro? your opinion is highly appreciated ... thanks

hi sim & ladybug!
    You know we have the same situation. Me and my fiance are going home this 17 of Oct to Philippines (i'm in Kuwait, he is in UK) to get married. I ask my mom to fix everything like marriage license ,reception,etc... and get a judge to wed us. And my mom said the same thing, their new policy is to have a raffle bla...bla..bla... , but luckily, i have my uncle who is working with a judge so they will magic it lol

My advice is, why don't you try to talk to someone who might know a judge and kind enough to accept some kind of "lagay", buy him / her a gift or give few thousands so they will agree to the planned date of your wedding!

By the way my province is in abra, so we will be traveling all the way to the top of the mountain, it just worries me about the news,(road condition) about the landslides,broken bridge, floods... But in the name of Love we will do everything to get there and have our wedding.

God, why do we always have to live with this kind of people????:

Good luck ladybug! wish you the best and hope to see your wedding photos soon. keep in touch ok? God is with us!
    Marlyn & Kenny forever

Be back here now.... my bug fall asleep this time after eating of chicken neck and chicken legs for dinner.. he said yuckkkkkss... just need to say thanks to all the opinions you shared all on here.. for now it is seem to be ok when he is here with me.. We meet there in Manila and went to the Embassy changing his CNI ... I didn't think that they need my CENOMAR for that time as we don't have any idea but glad to bring it too so we have done on there for only half an hour to wait.. we've done some papers for pass few days at registrar and have a seminar for family planning too no need to paid a big amount on it as they only gave us a special counseling for 10 to 15 minutes just give donation after then you can stroll while waiting the certificate of the seminar and while waiting for the certificate of license too just 10 days including Saturday and Sunday ....well, things to be done as we are now waiting for the raffling tomorrow afternoon and still we hope that we can get a nice judge to handle the wedding ... wish us all luck
    Hi again!
    Sorry was very late for the reply....anyway Good luck ladybug and sim!
    Hope we will do it too smoothly!
    Marlyn & Kenny forever

[QUOTE=marlyn&kenny;181696]
    Hi! Guys,

I have some question on here about getting the judges for the wedding. Is it really need that the judges will be the one to give the date of your wedding? I sorted things and it is our problem here for now because we just fix the date of our wedding this coming October.. as they said they change the policy and we need to follow their new policy for getting judges after submitting the papers they do a raffles on it and after the raffling we will know who's judge will handle the wedding then it is the time we will know when the wedding date is as he/ she is the one giving it.. it is so frustrating to think so far from now as we didn't expected it.

hi sim & ladybug!
    You know we have the same situation. Me and my fiance are going home this 17 of Oct to Philippines (i'm in Kuwait, he is in UK) to get married. I ask my mom to fix everything like marriage license ,reception,etc... and get a judge to wed us. And my mom said the same thing, their new policy is to have a raffle bla...bla..bla... , but luckily, i have my uncle who is working with a judge so they will magic it lol

My advice is, why don't you try to talk to someone who might know a judge and kind enough to accept some kind of "lagay", buy him / her a gift or give few thousands so they will agree to the planned date of your wedding!

By the way my province is in abra, so we will be traveling all the way to the top of the mountain, it just worries me about the news,(road condition) about the landslides,broken bridge, floods... But in the name of Love we will do everything to get there and have our wedding.

God, why do we always have to live with this kind of people????:

Good luck ladybug! wish you the best and hope to see your wedding photos soon. keep in touch ok? God is with us!
    Hi Marlyn & Kenny

We are really pleased you have managed to sort your wedding plans & have got a judge to marry you.

I'm sure if we had paid, we could have got one too...However, we really didn't like their policy & it left a sour taste in our mouths. If you marry in the Chambers of Justice, you can only have your family there, no extras like Bridesmaids, Flowergirls etc. as what we wanted for the wedding.
    There was a couple of frantic days, when we really weren't sure we could find someone to marry us, as we had booked our venue, some months ago.

Yes, we want the wedding to be enjoyable with all the guest and families so we withdrew things on there and do the best things ...

Couples getting married in the Philippines, really need to be aware of this new system, if they are hoping to marry at a venue & day of their choice...You could be disappointed?

We wish you the very best of luck, on your wedding day this coming saturday. If it was anything like ours, you will have a great time.

Sim & Ladybug

Banned
    the reason why they are raffling the schedule for weddings is because the supreme court would want to distribute the load among the judges.. it was the intention that they would want to avoid having the judge do weddings at special venues other than his/her chambers.. since this is their rule.. that's the policy... it is precisely this kind of incident wherein people who know judges and would make "lagay".. that the Supreme court would like to avoid... but what do we do? we make lagay bacause we want to have a special treatment...

the policy for civil wedding is that, it is done at a judge's chambers.. but still you want an entourage with it.. just like how you do it on church.. and if it can't be done, you get angry and would look for people who know judges and make "lagay"... nakupo!!! we know contributed to corruption... ayayayay....

the reason why they are raffling the schedule for weddings is because the supreme court would want to distribute the load among the judges.. it was the intention that they would want to avoid having the judge do weddings at special venues other than his/her chambers.. since this is their rule.. that's the policy... it is precisely this kind of incident wherein people who know judges and would make "lagay".. that the Supreme court would like to avoid... but what do we do? we make lagay bacause we want to have a special treatment...

the policy for civil wedding is that, it is done at a judge's chambers.. but still you want an entourage with it.. just like how you do it on church.. and if it can't be done, you get angry and would look for people who know judges and make "lagay"... nakupo!!! we know contributed to corruption... ayayayay....
    Not good for Business, for the resorts that offer weddings & certainly not good for Tourism...This is a completely stupid & shortsighted policy.

Banned
    Not good for Business, for the resorts that offer weddings & certainly not good for Tourism...This is a completely stupid & shortsighted policy.
    not really.. you can make use of the resort and wedding venues after the ceremony at the judges chambers...

so you think it's a good idea to just say yes to corruption because it is bad for business and tourism?

not really.. you can make use of the resort and wedding venues after the ceremony at the judges chambers...

so you think it's a good idea to just say yes to corruption because it is bad for business and tourism?
    Whoever marries you, you will end up paying...we had to give a 'donation'.
    But if you read our previous post, we declined using a Judge, for that very reason.

Banned
    Whoever marries you, you will end up paying...we had to give a 'donation'.
    But if you read our previous post, we declined using a Judge, for that very reason.
    good for you!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information