Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Respected Member britishdetained's Avatar

Four months after...

It has been four months but nothing new with the case

Since the arrest they were never given any hearing yet, always being reset as DOJ always asking for it as they keep saying that they still need time to gather evidence What a stupid and useless department they have arrested Kevin without any evidence and now the court is asking for it they kept on saying that they still need to gather evidences

How cruel it is to put someone in jail when they do not have any evidence yet, it is like hear -say but still the fact is my husband is being incarcerated without being put into court. Four months without trial and not even once Kevin was read his rights nor have read what the charges against him. Im running out of patience to all this as what i feel like is that "hey, your hubby is white give me a buck then he can go"!

FCO-well as useless as the DOJ cant even bother to protect its citizen though it is obvious that Kevin was just a bait for more cash here As we always argue with the judge if there are complainants and evidence prior to the entrapment, the hearing should be set ASAP so that they would start to see if there is a reason for the detention but then nothing yet happened aside from threats that i can be arrested anytime too

Why the British government is not doing anything How would they protect their nationals If this happened to a Filipino abroad Philippines embassy have sent their delegates and have negotiated with every one to release the Filipino regardless if its guilty or not. But with us, even a moron can see how the DOJ playing with our case. Being arrested for "Illegal Recruitment", having it televised and have announced that we have complainants and evidences against us...but now that it is on the court they cant show all those that they have said publicly. It is just to sensationalized it, or maybe we will be also be a victim of people who has political ambition.

Kevin and my staff have been suffering there and still waiting for arraignment that they should have 15 days after the arrest

Do not know what else to do Feel like my husband is stateless as his own country cant even check his case or even offer help
    There once was a girl that believed in mankind, that there was still honor and chivalry that existed in everyone of us. She also believed that everyone deserves a chance to prove oneself individually and hoped that the courtesy would be returned. That girl is dead now, and all that is left is her shadow. To give one a chance to prove thyself is a chance for you to become dwindled in the dissappointment.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Devon - no - Oxford - no - Stalybridge - no - errr - UK

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Thats the problem with the brits,we have a strict policy regarding Brits imprisoned abroadBut didnt you notice we moved heaven and earth to get that kid moved from Lao back to the UK a few months back,and she was sentenced to life for Heroin smuggling,she is back in the UK now and has launched a tax-payer funded appeal to have her sentence quashed or reduced Dont worry,it will all come good in the end,and you have the added bonus that he can write a book about his experiences,you know life is a series of peaks and troughs,its what makes us who we are,strengthens resolve,its like the old Samurai daito katana,you can never really know the true strength of a sword till its strength has been tested in battle,going through this has proven to you both your relationship isnt built on a foundation of sand but of steel
    An extremely erudite comment Tawi.

Al.
    Pressed rat and warthog closed down their shop!

Banned
    Thats the problem with the brits,we have a strict policy regarding Brits imprisoned abroadBut didnt you notice we moved heaven and earth to get that kid moved from Lao back to the UK a few months back,and she was sentenced to life for Heroin smuggling,she is back in the UK now and has launched a tax-payer funded appeal to have her sentence quashed or reduced Dont worry,it will all come good in the end,and you have the added bonus that he can write a book about his experiences,you know life is a series of peaks and troughs,its what makes us who we are,strengthens resolve,its like the old Samurai daito katana,you can never really know the true strength of a sword till its strength has been tested in battle,going through this has proven to you both your relationship isnt built on a foundation of sand but of steel

yes tawi the problem is also kevin is A WHITE ENGLISHMAN

Banned
    this is pissing me off as well.... hayyyyyy.... don't worry BD... i'll keep praying for you and kevin...

why won't you file a complaint in the supreme court against the judge? at this stage, the only thing that's stopping this process is the judge's decision to dismiss the case... again, my stand is why wait for evidence when evidence should be there even before arrest was made... hayyyy...

Respected Member
    Hang in there charlene, this will be over soon, just keep the faith.....
    You will get your justice and your life back.....always remember that....
    "10% of life is made up of what happens to you, 90% is decided by how you react"
    "The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost"

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Florge View Post
    why won't you file a complaint in the supreme court against the judge? at this stage, the only thing that's stopping this process is the judge's decision to dismiss the case... again, my stand is why wait for evidence when evidence should be there even before arrest was made..
    I totally agree with you florge......
    "10% of life is made up of what happens to you, 90% is decided by how you react"
    "The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost"

Banned
    Hi Charlene

I've just been reading your blog, and am sorry to hear about your situation. Hang in there and be strong.

Have you thought about adding a paypal donate button to your donations page? It would make it easier for people to quickly send money.

Best of luck, and I hope Kevin gets justice in good time.

Hi BD,
    Have you had any contact on his behalf with the British Embassy in Manila? It seems to me that they should be doing something and if they are they should be keeping you, or at least whoever is listed as his next of kin informed about their progress. I'm really disgusted about this, I mean, what's the point of shelling out taxpayers money to maintain an embassy in the Philippines if the jobsworths there don't do (or appear not to do) anything when a British citizen is imprisoned there without due process of Philippine law.
    Iain.

Hi Charlene I guess I am not a strong as you are experiencing this predicament but you inspired me a lot to fight for the man you/I love
    I hope it will sort it out soon and I'll continue support you with prayers

Let's keep the faith,
    Leah
    Don't make promises when you are in JOY. Don't reply when you are SAD.
    Don't take decisions when you are ANGRY. Think twice, Act wise. BE happy.

going through this has proven to you both your relationship isnt built on a foundation of sand but of steel
    i dont need to go to prison without a trail to find this out,why dont you just tell them they can keep him in prison for as long as they like because there not getting any cash?

are you doing all you can
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

But why they havent done anything for Kevin, as even those who are not aware of the case proceeding would see the injustices for us? I almost stayed at the embassy for everyday just asking the consul to push the FCO do something but again...what a consul can do if the FCO it self has nothing to say about this? Why a person who doesnt have evidence against such accusation can be arrested and detained? No Araignment nor even a trial can push through?
    There once was a girl that believed in mankind, that there was still honor and chivalry that existed in everyone of us. She also believed that everyone deserves a chance to prove oneself individually and hoped that the courtesy would be returned. That girl is dead now, and all that is left is her shadow. To give one a chance to prove thyself is a chance for you to become dwindled in the dissappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Florge View Post
    this is pissing me off as well.... hayyyyyy.... don't worry BD... i'll keep praying for you and kevin...

why won't you file a complaint in the supreme court against the judge? at this stage, the only thing that's stopping this process is the judge's decision to dismiss the case... again, my stand is why wait for evidence when evidence should be there even before arrest was made... hayyyy...
    I tried to do that option but funny thing is I cant complain yet as no hearing not even an arraignment was done All i think of is it maybe a whitewash or Kevin was forgotten

Each day I need to look for any possible way to help but every where I go in the government departments they would end up asking why his own government havent done anything

Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post
    i dont need to go to prison without a trail to find this out,why dont you just tell them they can keep him in prison for as long as they like because there not getting any cash?

are you doing all you can
    I've done that already

have you contacted his local mp from the uk or any form of civil rights movement from the uk,i cant believe your not getting any help from the uk.

http://www.liberty-human-rights.org.uk/

http://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

Liberty
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post
    have you contacted his local mp from the uk or any form of civil rights movement from the uk,i cant believe your not getting any help from the uk.

http://www.liberty-human-rights.org.uk/

http://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/
    Sad thing is because many Filipinos may have been scammed UK or maybe alot of people who just want an extra cash used the same scenario or story...people who really need urgent help maybe not being look upon by the British government

It is very sad to be in my situation being a Filipina who never been to UK who would seek help from my husband's situation plus the lack of help from his family makes it more difficult for me to wake up his MP nor his family the severity of the situation of Kevin. I hope he will not be a part of the statistic or be a part of the history to which many British politician forgot to look after to but at the end of the day who am I to push FCO to help a British who is detained abroad?

Hi Charlene,
    I have just spoken to a lady at FAIR TRIALS INTERNATIONAL in London, please visit their website and complete the questionnaire in the need help section. they may be able to help.

http://www.fairtrials.net/contact_us/

It may be worth a try or just try to call them and explain your situation.

good luck
    Live your life for a reason and don't worry be happy

if you don't know where you are going then any road will do!!

Quote Originally Posted by IainBusby View Post
    Hi BD,
    Have you had any contact on his behalf with the British Embassy in Manila? It seems to me that they should be doing something and if they are they should be keeping you, or at least whoever is listed as his next of kin informed about their progress. I'm really disgusted about this, I mean, what's the point of shelling out taxpayers money to maintain an embassy in the Philippines if the jobsworths there don't do (or appear not to do) anything when a British citizen is imprisoned there without due process of Philippine law.
    Iain.
    Im with constant contact with the pro consul Mr Tampinco, however he said the embassy cannot intervene with the Philippine Law. Kevin had wrote so many letters to the consul but she cannot do much - I even sent already an email to the Foreign Secretary just for him to check what other possibilities he can extend to Kevin, unfortunately even Mr. Wills is still waiting for his response. Kevin's ordeal was even publicised already in the UK but nothing concrete happened they only thought I need funds to make things rolling but they dont listen to me that what is more important is that FCO check the legality of the arrest and the detention. The reason why DOJ is not looking much on the case as even Kevin's own government doesnt even bother to check on him.

This is more than a nightmare to anyone who only want is to be with its family What more I can do for Kevin

If only his own family can see the severity of all this maybe they can be listened by their own country...as it is only me who needs to knock at the FCO.

Quote Originally Posted by scott&ligaya View Post
    Hi Charlene,
    I have just spoken to a lady at FAIR TRIALS INTERNATIONAL in London, please visit their website and complete the questionnaire in the need help section. they may be able to help.

http://www.fairtrials.net/contact_us/

It may be worth a try or just try to call them and explain your situation.

good luck
    Thanks Scott&Ligaya, actually I already phoned then and sent all the forms...however they replied to me a couple of weeks ago and was told that until Kevin is arraigned then he can be or might be look after too. But as I am begging the FCO for almost everyday...it is nearly four months now but he havent been to the court yet. No arraignment, no inquest no nothing at all

Quote Originally Posted by triple5 View Post
    Hi Charlene

I've just been reading your blog, and am sorry to hear about your situation. Hang in there and be strong.

Have you thought about adding a paypal donate button to your donations page? It would make it easier for people to quickly send money.

Best of luck, and I hope Kevin gets justice in good time.
    Thanks alot triple5...actually i cannot put paypall to it as I am afraid that the CIDG would take it as well same as all our savings, atm's and bank books. That is why im using my sister's account so that they wont see anything going to me nor with Kevin. Some people from the UK send it through FCO which I guess its better. Honestly I still believe that whatever they want to send for Kevin best go through his embassy as I do not want people thinking I am just another scammer

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

If any government is to blame for this then to be honest its the Pinoy government to be fair,its their due process I guess?The british government always take a firm stance over its subjects arrested abroad,they outline what they can but more often cant do,but this shenanigans is the fault of the pinoy "Justice" system
    I understand how corrupt my country same as how bad the justice system here...but I guess if only the British government can just even take a little look at the case, maybe they can help atleast Kevin to get the fair trial and even an araignment

Things happen in the corridors of power behind the scenes Charlene,I am sure the british embassy over there have made some tentative moves,but in many aspects their hands are shackled,but then I remember the Unfairness of the SMITH-NICOLE case earlier this year,the american government didnt take any notice of the Pinoys at all and actually dictated conditions for SMITHS "Imprisonment"
    Exactly! and look at it now they are even married
    Sorry if i sound moaning about the Brit government, I know how corrupt and useless my own government...that is why I was hoping that the British Government can atleast do something while it is not yet too late

And you know hat makes my heart breaks...when I hear news about my own country helps in negotiations of convicted Filipinos abroad to given pardon, sent back here and even helps them with a livelihood Look how my country wasting our taxes But they do not have a heart to give a fair trial to us or just even to a a trial

Nicole and Smith are married I know she went to the states,never followed the story since then
    I heard he offered her marriage eh plus USA gave her the green card f****rs

She got the green card and a monetary payment for not kicking up a fuss,thats was the rumour in Manila,funny how things turn out
    yup...im as well wondering about them...just puzzled as you can see how influential "tate" here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information