Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Annulment

Unhappy Annulment

Wot now Annulment or diveorce,we wed in Davao.who will do and cost please.

Quote Originally Posted by socool007 View Post
    wow

sorry i have no idea, if ur married to a foreigner they are allowed to get divorced but for u as a pinay i dont know coz phil only allow annulment

good luck

You can get a divorce here in the UK and I you are the one who instigates the divorce in the UK, as far as your wife is concerned, it will also be accepted in the Philippines I believe. Are you sure things have already reached a position where divorce is the only option? If your not sure then I think you should tell her (or get someone else to pass a message to her) that this is what is in your mind now (divorce) and see what her reaction to this is. It does sound like whatever her real feelings for you, at present she is in a sulk and if that is the case, this may bring her to her senses.
    Iain.

Thumbs up

thats right decision soCool
    CRITICIZING OTHERS IS A DANGEROUS THING, NOT SO MUCH BECAUSE YOU MAY MAKE MISTAKES ABOUT THEM, BUT BECAUSE YOU MAY BE REVEALING THE TRUTH ABOUT YOURSELF.

pumpkins babykins

Banned

Wink

personaly i cant help you on this as i dont know how it works ....i am sure others do

all i will say is i think [from what you have told us] that you are making the right decision .....others may say other wise

Quote Originally Posted by IainBusby View Post
    You can get a divorce here in the UK and I you are the one who instigates the divorce in the UK, as far as your wife is concerned, it will also be accepted in the Philippines I believe. Are you sure things have already reached a position where divorce is the only option? If your not sure then I think you should tell her (or get someone else to pass a message to her) that this is what is in your mind now (divorce) and see what her reaction to this is. It does sound like whatever her real feelings for you, at present she is in a sulk and if that is the case, this may bring her to her senses.
    Iain.
    Sorry about this post, I wrote it before I'd caught up on your other thread and read that she has a 15 year old boyfriend.

Banned

Talking

Sorry about this post, I wrote it before I'd caught up on your other thread and read that she has a 15 year old boyfriend.

i must say i did wonder if you missed something

to me thats nearly as bad as a wife going off with another women

oh there's another post about the reason, thats why it feels like im missing a puzzle here.

but if i remember it right, you just got married last year (pls correct me if im wrong) and why is it 15y.o how old is ur wife

sorry too many question

WIFES age

She is 21

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Sorry to hear about what happen'd.

Yeah, If u applied for a divorced here in UK it will be valid in the phils as ur a foreigner and shes a pinay but i don't know if the rules changed already just check

Banned
    She will regret it when this 15 year old kid has moved on to his next girlfriend and she is left with nothing.

Wish you well with this

sorry to hear that it will end up this way,

wishing u all the best and hope everything will sort out soon..

if you married in the philippines you can only do an annulment there's no devorce in there specially if you married in church.
    all things are possible!

Quote Originally Posted by vbkelly View Post
    if you married in the philippines you can only do an annulment there's no devorce in there specially if you married in church.
    But a divorce granted to a UK citizen in the UK will be recognised in Phils and as far as I know as long as it is initiated by the foreign spouse she won't need to get an annulment.

But a divorce granted to a UK citizen in the UK will be recognised in Phils and as far as I know as long as it is initiated by the foreign spouse she won't need to get an annulment.
    I agree
    " The people who mean something to your life are not rated "the best" don't have the most money, haven't won the greatest prizes....
    They are the ones who care about you, take care of you, those who, no matter what, stay close by... "

Banned
    i dont have any idea in davao but here in cagayan i heared before that there is a 65yr old american and 19yrs old pilipina and she file annulment cause she said she made her wrong decisionthey go to the church office then the priest getting angry why she annul her husband to replace only in other young one they both got good advice with the priets and plan to annul its gone

Respected Member
    I agree with you Iain, i was told that under the family code, if the foreign spouse divorces the filipina wife,
    the marriage is dissolved and no longer effective in the philippines.....
    "10% of life is made up of what happens to you, 90% is decided by how you react"
    "The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost"

As I understand this,if you divorce abroad that is ok,but if you return to the Philippines the divorce is not valid.
    I have just parted with Ł1,500 for our annulment.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnijon View Post
    As I understand this,if you divorce abroad that is ok,but if you return to the Philippines the divorce is not valid.
    I have just parted with Ł1,500 for our annulment.

my interpretation of Art. 26 Family Code of the Phils (as ammended by EO 227 ) when a divorce is validly obtained abroad by the alien spouse, both parties shall have capacity to remarry... Therefore, the divorce is likewise valid here in the Phils and consider the marriage dissolved no need to file for the costly Annulment
    "When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."~ Unknown

UK Divorce

sorry to hear you end up this way

I agree to what Iain said

...and I just want to share you some links about UK Divorce.....

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/RevisedStatut..._19860055_en_6

http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/i...orce/index.htm
    Don't make promises when you are in JOY. Don't reply when you are SAD.
    Don't take decisions when you are ANGRY. Think twice, Act wise. BE happy.

Thanks for help but still not sure ? oh and how do i change that pic of my cold wife.

Thanks for help but still not sure ? oh and how do i change that pic of my cold wife.
    Click on "User CP" on the green strap top left, it will take you to the page where you can change settings of your profile - there you can change your "avatar" - search for it on the left side menu "Edit avatar" under "Settings & Options"...
    Jiri & Maricel

Respected Member britishdetained's Avatar
    I was married before to an american and got a church wedding here and civilly in the states. I filed for a divorced in the US....after two months with no hassle it was granted. But here in the Philippines after I got my divorce papers I needed to file it here and applied for the nullity of marriage here. So far it took me three years until it was granted

But not too sure about others ok, it depends really where you got married eh...unfortunately with mine was a church wedding back in manila cathedral...so to file nullity of marriage in manila is bit difficult as many are doing it...

Good luck, try to get a good lawyer ok and get a package as it is cheaper
    There once was a girl that believed in mankind, that there was still honor and chivalry that existed in everyone of us. She also believed that everyone deserves a chance to prove oneself individually and hoped that the courtesy would be returned. That girl is dead now, and all that is left is her shadow. To give one a chance to prove thyself is a chance for you to become dwindled in the dissappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by britishdetained View Post
    I was married before to an american and got a church wedding here and civilly in the states. I filed for a divorced in the US....after two months with no hassle it was granted. But here in the Philippines after I got my divorce papers I needed to file it here and applied for the nullity of marriage here. So far it took me three years until it was granted

But not too sure about others ok, it depends really where you got married eh...unfortunately with mine was a church wedding back in manila cathedral...

because the Catholic Church would try their very best to preserve the "sanctity of marriage"
    "When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."~ Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by D&G View Post
    because the Catholic Church would try their very best to preserve the "sanctity of marriage"
    Exactly but in expense of a life to be tied to the marriage that which in fact even a religion cannot make it work and the saddest thing is to be faithful forever and have your husbands name attach to yours even he is a BEAST

I do not blame the church...but they must as well consider to look at the reasons why there are marriages that fails
    There once was a girl that believed in mankind, that there was still honor and chivalry that existed in everyone of us. She also believed that everyone deserves a chance to prove oneself individually and hoped that the courtesy would be returned. That girl is dead now, and all that is left is her shadow. To give one a chance to prove thyself is a chance for you to become dwindled in the dissappointment.

Respected Member
    my interpretation of Art. 26 Family Code of the Phils (as ammended by EO 227 ) when a divorce is validly obtained abroad by the alien spouse, both parties shall have capacity to remarry... Therefore, the divorce is likewise valid here in the Phils and consider the marriage dissolved no need to file for the costly Annulment
    exactly
    "10% of life is made up of what happens to you, 90% is decided by how you react"
    "The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost"

Quote Originally Posted by britishdetained View Post

But not too sure about others ok, it depends really where you got married eh...unfortunately with mine was a church wedding back in manila cathedral...so to file nullity of marriage in manila is bit difficult as many are doing it...

Good luck, try to get a good lawyer ok and get a package as it is cheaper
    BD you had to file for annulment because you filed for divorce, as I understand it, if your American husband (known as the alien spouse in Filipino law) had divorced you, then the marriage would be seen as legally dissolved in the Philippines also.
    Iain.

BD you had to file for annulment because you filed for divorce, as I understand it, if your American husband (known as the alien spouse in Filipino law) had divorced you, then the marriage would be seen as legally dissolved in the Philippines also.
    Iain.
    yeah that was i thought before but no it wasnt til i filed nullity of the marriage. But everything is sorted now as I got already annulled to him few weeks ago im just filling now a motion for the removal of his surname and as soon as Kevin is released then we will get married

: petition for recognition of divorce filed to regional trial court

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information