Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Question NSO marriage certificate

hi to all the readers of this forum
    and especially to those who are preparing their spouse visa application and to those who has granted visa already...
    just want to ask, how long did you get your marriage certificate from NSO?for how many weeks?

CRITICIZING OTHERS IS A DANGEROUS THING, NOT SO MUCH BECAUSE YOU MAY MAKE MISTAKES ABOUT THEM, BUT BECAUSE YOU MAY BE REVEALING THE TRUTH ABOUT YOURSELF.

pumpkins babykins

Respected Member britishdetained's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pumpkins View Post
    and especially to those who are preparing their spouse visa application and to those who has granted visa already...
    just want to ask, how long did you get your marriage certificate from NSO?for how many weeks?

you can get it anytime at the NSO. If you were married less than 6 months ago, sometimes the local civil registry hasnt forwarded it yet to NSO so you can check it there. But if they already forwarded it, you can just go to NSO satellite offices (which is lesser people and faster) you will be there in the morning and at the afternoon you can get your NSO copy
    There once was a girl that believed in mankind, that there was still honor and chivalry that existed in everyone of us. She also believed that everyone deserves a chance to prove oneself individually and hoped that the courtesy would be returned. That girl is dead now, and all that is left is her shadow. To give one a chance to prove thyself is a chance for you to become dwindled in the dissappointment.

My Girl needed to get a replacement marriage certificate. She went to the local NSO in Davao, ordered a replacement copy, paid the fee and it took a couple of days...

Quote Originally Posted by britishdetained View Post
    you can get it anytime at the NSO. If you were married less than 6 months ago, sometimes the local civil registry hasnt forwarded it yet to NSO so you can check it there. But if they already forwarded it, you can just go to NSO satellite offices (which is lesser people and faster) you will be there in the morning and at the afternoon you can get your NSO copy
    are you sure?

it took over 2 months for us to get our copy,my wife would check weekly with the lady who dealt with ours at the las pinas office

unless you mean waiting for it to be registered and you getting a copy,then i think you have a long wait?
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

We got ours from local NSO where our wedding took place.And it's 3 weeks after the wedding.

Respected Member
    Spain since 1988. My wife has been here since June 2006
    I know it varies. In Cainta, Rizal we had to really chase it and 'be really nice' to the boss lady at NSO. A few months ago friends married in Makati and got it very quickly without 'being nice' to anyone!

thank you stuana..am married for 2 months now so i think i can also get my marriage certificate from NSO in pasay..
    CRITICIZING OTHERS IS A DANGEROUS THING, NOT SO MUCH BECAUSE YOU MAY MAKE MISTAKES ABOUT THEM, BUT BECAUSE YOU MAY BE REVEALING THE TRUTH ABOUT YOURSELF.

pumpkins babykins

Quote Originally Posted by johncar54 View Post
    I know it varies. In Cainta, Rizal we had to really chase it and 'be really nice' to the boss lady at NSO. A few months ago friends married in Makati and got it very quickly without 'being nice' to anyone!
    You don't mean bribery do you......... Well, bribery in Phils, whatever next!

Quote Originally Posted by johncar54 View Post
    It DOES tend to vary. My girlfriend and I were wed on December 8 last year at the house of one of her elderly relatives located in the Merville Sub-Division of Tagum City. And, although Myrna is [and always HAS been] a staunch Roman Catholic, we opted for a simple Civil Ceremony conducted by a Municipal Circuit Trial Court Judge from Mabini ... the reason being, we'd heard that the Church had a habit of being rather dilatory in releasing the Original copy of the Marriage Certificate for verification by the NSO, Manila.

Due to the NSO's detection of a slight typograhical misinterpretation in the spelling of one of the sponsor's names, the certificate needed to be returned to the local Registry Office for rectification. The ensuing delay was further compounded by the intervention of the Festive Holiday Season.

So ... altogether a nerve-wracking experience (for US!!). But it NEEDN'T be if the paperwork tallies. OUR original eventually became available in time for submission along with the visa application on January 20.

We got our NSO marriage certificate after 12 days. Had notified the local registrar for advance endorsement so it only took few days before we obtained the NSO marriage certificate.

Mine took 3 months. I did asked the Municipality for advance endorsement but they said they don't do that!

how much do u think will i pay for advance endorsement? they asked me p2000 and another p200 before but i did not do it coz i was thinking that it will go to their own pocket.a scam!

pumpkins babykins

2days after i submitted my MC from the local registry to NSO
    all things are possible!

Banned
    MRS T knows more about this than me i think we waited a month but i know corrections had to be made our reverent sorted it all out

how much do u think will i pay for advance endorsement? they asked me p2000 and another p200 before but i did not do it coz i was thinking that it will go to their own pocket.a scam!
    i paid the church p75 to forward my MC to the local registry office with in 5working days and the registry office i paid p150 to them and the supervisor was adviced me to send the MC by my self via 24hours express delivery so i did it. then the next day i flown to manila and went to NSO to get my MC and i got it that day with their stumped.
    all things are possible!

Quote Originally Posted by New Shoes View Post
    My Girl needed to get a replacement marriage certificate. She went to the local NSO in Davao, ordered a replacement copy, paid the fee and it took a couple of days...
    MY wife found herself in a similar situation ... CFO needed a replacement copy of our original Marriages Contract [which the British Embassy had retained on file for some (unknown) reason after approving her Visa] and she did LIKEWISE [also at NSO, Davao]. And it was issued within 1 hour!

I got mine in 2weeks more or less after my wedding last May. I requested an advance endorcement from our local registry and i have only paid Php150. I have hand carried it to NSO Macapagal branch.

Hope you get yours pretty well soon. Keep us updated. xx

Quote Originally Posted by Dee31 View Post
    I got mine in 2weeks more or less after my wedding last May. I requested an advance endorcement from our local registry and i have only paid Php150. I have hand carried it to NSO Macapagal branch.

Hope you get yours pretty well soon. Keep us updated. xx
    hi dee31, where are you in cavite? i live here in dasma town..we got married in las piñas and they asked me if i want advance endorsement ,they asked me p2000 for that, i did not pay coz i know they doing bribery . i am just waiting now for a normal procedure , its been 8 weeks now of waiting.. i will try to go to NSO this 1st week of september and if my MC is not there yet then i think i will pay that guy at citi hall for advance endorsement..

pumpkins babykins

Respected Member
    hi dee31, where are you in cavite? i live here in dasma town..we got married in las piñas and they asked me if i want advance endorsement ,they asked me p2000 for that, i did not pay coz i know they doing bribery . i am just waiting now for a normal procedure , its been 8 weeks now of waiting.. i will try to go to NSO this 1st week of september and if my MC is not there yet then i think i will pay that guy at citi hall for advance endorsement..
    hi pumpkins, the normal processing of MC is 2 to 3 weeks......
    unless you have some errors on your marriage papers when you first filed at NSO,
    then that would take 2 months or longer, for the correction to be done and for NSO to give you the corrected marriage certificate..
    "10% of life is made up of what happens to you, 90% is decided by how you react"
    "The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost"

Hello Pumpkins. I am from Bacoor. I do think that they are trying to get money from you. I only paid php150. Coz my Ninang who works in the office of the Registrar in Bacoor said she needs to forward my MC in NSO through LBC courier. I was told to come back in 2 days, She gave me the LBC receipt along with my MC copy from the local registrar. I waited for 2 weeks only. And that's it! When did you get married btw?

hi there!

I got married in Las pinas too and waited 3 months before I was able to get a certified NSO copy of our marriage certificate.

If you need it immediately you can have it endorsed , just ask them to provide you an official receipt when you pay for the 2000php endorsement fee.

my sister in law paid for it and got hers in 2 weeks.

Respected Member
    Spain since 1988. My wife has been here since June 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by AyinX View Post
    hi there!

I got married in Las pinas too and waited 3 months before I was able to get a certified NSO copy of our marriage certificate.

If you need it immediately you can have it endorsed , just ask them to provide you an official receipt when you pay for the 2000php endorsement fee.

my sister in law paid for it and got hers in 2 weeks.

In 2006 in Cainta, Rizal, the endorsement was free and we posted via LBC. It still took several visits to NCO and chats to get it processed quickly

hmmn.. seems that people from the las pinas city hall needs to be reported. :(

hmmn.. seems that people from the las pinas city hall needs to be reported. :(
    hi Ayinx..you mean your sister paid p2000 for advance endorsement? and do you know how many days/weeks to get it once u paid for advance endorsement?

pumpkins babykins

hi Ayinx..you mean your sister paid p2000 for advance endorsement? and do you know how many days/weeks to get it once u paid for advance endorsement?
    ah, it was my sister in law.. yes, she said she paid for a fee but didnt mention how much. I suggest you approach some of the kind ladies in las pinas city hall's civil registry that pay the man that you talked about the 2000pesos he's asking.

I think once they give you the endorsement, either you send it via lbc, then wait 2 weeks or you can just hand carry it to NSO in Pasay so you can get your marriage certificate in NSO paper faster.

better call them up (02) 737-1111
    so they can give you the correct timeframe.

ah, it was my sister in law.. yes, she said she paid for a fee but didnt mention how much. I suggest you approach some of the kind ladies in las pinas city hall's civil registry that pay the man that you talked about the 2000pesos he's asking.

I think once they give you the endorsement, either you send it via lbc, then wait 2 weeks or you can just hand carry it to NSO in Pasay so you can get your marriage certificate in NSO paper faster.

better call them up (02) 737-1111
    so they can give you the correct timeframe.
    thank you ayinX.. i really need the NSO marriage certificate to ammend my passport and apply for spouse visa this october..if i only knew it will take too long i should have paid the guy for advanced endorsement

pumpkins babykins

no problem pumpkins! dont worry, im happy to help!

btw, ill be submitting my spousal visa application too, by the 3rd week of October, together with my 3 year old son (My husband is Brit my descent so our son is not qualified for a Brit passport). I'm just waiting for my hubby to send me the documents, updated payslips and bank statements.

If all goes well for you, we might waiting for our visas together.

no problem pumpkins! dont worry, im happy to help!

btw, ill be submitting my spousal visa application too, by the 3rd week of October, together with my 3 year old son (My husband is Brit my descent so our son is not qualified for a Brit passport). I'm just waiting for my hubby to send me the documents, updated payslips and bank statements.

If all goes well for you, we might waiting for our visas together.
    hi AyinX we will submit mine on 2nd week of october..where is your hubby in uk?
    goodluck for both of us..

pumpkins babykins

hi AyinX we will submit mine on 2nd week of october..where is your hubby in uk?
    goodluck for both of us..

he's staying near Ealing, where he works (Job centre).
    hopefully if the documents will come earlier than expected we can submit earlier too.

yeah, we will need as much luck the we can get!

Goodluck to you too.

Thread Information