Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: FLR Approved

Smile FLR Approved

Want to share my good news to all.After 2 1/2 months I received my FLR this morning and now just waiting for my ID (for Foreign Nationals) to come by post.The tensed period is over so now I could breathe easily.There are some questions though that I would like to ask from the members:First,what are the process of having our marriage registered here in UK and in the Phils.?Second,how to apply for National Insurance and the last one,how to change into my married name?I would like to take my husband's name without dropping my maiden's name ( with a hyphen).Thanks in advance and more power to all.

For National Insurance, you can read this thread. http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=3917

Its posted quite long time ago but still has lot of information.
    Not an expert, I only try to help.

Marriage; You dont need to do anything to register your marriage here in UK, its automatically done, what you must do is Report your marriage to the Philippine Embassy http://www.philemb.org.uk/

If you would like to change you name to married name then you'll need to apply a new passport together with your Report of Marriage. Check PhilEMb for more information.
    Not an expert, I only try to help.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyJ View Post
    Marriage; You dont need to do anything to register your marriage here in UK, its automatically done, what you must do is Report your marriage to the Philippine Embassy http://www.philemb.org.uk/

If you would like to change you name to married name then you'll need to apply a new passport together with your Report of Marriage. Check PhilEMb for more information.
    Thanks alot for all the infos.

Quote Originally Posted by classygirl View Post

Want to share my good news to all.After 2 1/2 months I received my FLR this morning and now just waiting for my ID (for Foreign Nationals) to come by post.The tensed period is over so now I could breathe easily.There are some questions though that I would like to ask from the members:First,what are the process of having our marriage registered here in UK and in the Phils.?Second,how to apply for National Insurance and the last one,how to change into my married name?I would like to take my husband's name without dropping my maiden's name ( with a hyphen).Thanks in advance and more power to all.
    Congratulatons for having ur FLR Visa..

with ur first question, I am sure since Uve been married here in the UK( I presume u come here thru a Fiancee visa because u applied for FLR) it is already registered here, but if u want to registered it in te Philippines u can check this website..

http://www.philemb.org.uk/

with the National Insurance Number, Lady J have shared to u already links.

and with the last one, u can ammend ur passport to change it to ur husband name together when u report ur marriage at the Phil embassy..

Respected Member
    Congratulations to you
    It's good to have money and the things that money can buy, but it's good to check up once in a while to make sure you haven't lost the things that money can't buy.

Quote Originally Posted by kimmi View Post

with ur first question, I am sure since Uve been married here in the UK( I presume u come here thru a Fiancee visa because u applied for FLR) it is already registered here, but if u want to registered it in te Philippines u can check this website..

and with the last one, u can ammend ur passport to change it to ur husband name together when u report ur marriage at the Phil embassy..
    Thanks for the infos.

Quote Originally Posted by tiN View Post
    Congratulations to you
    Thank you very much.

Want to share my good news to all.After 2 1/2 months I received my FLR this morning ...
    iest Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by classy girl View Post
    ... and now just waiting for my ID (for Foreign Nationals) to come by post.The tensed period is over so now I could breathe easily.There are some questions though that I would like to ask from the members:First,what are the process of having our marriage registered here in UK and in the Phils.?Second,how to apply for National Insurance and the last one,how to change into my married name?I would like to take my husband's name without dropping my maiden's name ( with a hyphen).Thanks in advance and more power to all.
    For National Insurance, you can read this thread. http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=3917

Its posted quite long time ago but still has lot of information.

Quote Originally Posted by kimmi View Post

Wisely, I didn't attempt to answer the questions you asked, as my wife came here via the 'Spousal' route ... which is a different "ball game" altogether ... and consequently, this is the only process with which I could claim familiarity.

Glad to note that my friends have so quickly shared the benefits of THEIR knowledge and experience with you, however.

Congrats

They`ve given you answers to your question classy girl so I`ll just congratulate you
    to loved and beloved is the greatest joy on earth...

Hi Classygirl, congratulations.

Did you get married in the UK or the Philippines?
    Because in our case we got married in the UK.
    What we would like to know what is the legal process to get employment for my filipina wife. Do we need to apply a FLR because my wife came here on a fiance visa last March? and we got married June 27th and the fiance visa will end in September.

Thanks.
    Bheng and David

congrats classygirl and welcome also DavidArt I guess that classygirl arrived here on fiancee visa also DavidArt like your wife, and she had applied for her flr already after their wedding here in the uk. Like what Ladyj said let your wife apply for new passport at the Philippine Embassy in london so that she can then then apply for national insurance. And for the n.i. Just go to any jobcentre plus located in your area and you will be given the interview and forms to fill up

Quote Originally Posted by acs View Post
    congrats classygirl and welcome also DavidArt I guess that classygirl arrived here on fiancee visa also DavidArt like your wife, and she had applied for her flr already after their wedding here in the uk. Like what Ladyj said let your wife apply for new passport at the Philippine Embassy in london so that she can then then apply for national insurance. And for the n.i. Just go to any jobcentre plus located in your area and you will be given the interview and forms to fill up
    (to anyone) -
    Just wondering if the lead time for a Further Leave to Remain is 2 1/2 months (for example), which may be past the expiry date of the Fiance visa for Davids wife, what happens then?

As long as the application for FLR is made before the expiry of the Fiance visa all should be ok. We waited from November 25th 2008 to March 14th 2009 to get FLR. Daisy's fiance visa expired early December

Quote Originally Posted by DavidArt View Post
    Hi Classygirl, congratulations.

Did you get married in the UK or the Philippines?
    Because in our case we got married in the UK.
    What we would like to know what is the legal process to get employment for my filipina wife. Do we need to apply a FLR because my wife came here on a fiance visa last March? and we got married June 27th and the fiance visa will end in September.

Thanks.
    Bheng and David
    Hi Bheng and David,

We've got married too here in the UK last April (came here in Feb on Fiancee Visa) and right away applied for FLR.It took almost 2 1/2 months before I've got my FLR approved which means I could work also.Just make sure that you will give all the documents they need and once you got a notification about the biometric make the appointment ASAP.At the moment I am still waiting for the ID which HO said will be mailed to me with in 7 days.You could ask me anything and will answer on the best of my knowledge but of course we have alot of members here who is more knowledgeable than me but still I will try.Good luck and for sure everything will be fine...

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post

iest Congratulations!

Wisely, I didn't attempt to answer the questions you asked, as my wife came here via the 'Spousal' route ... which is a different "ball game" altogether ... and consequently, this is the only process with which I could claim familiarity.

Glad to note that my friends have so quickly shared the benefits of THEIR knowledge and experience with you, however.

Thanks anyway,I am really so glad that I received alot of responses from the member.Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by acs View Post
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Daddy View Post
    They`ve given you answers to your question classy girl so I`ll just congratulate you
    Thanks!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggers0608 View Post
    Congrats
    Thanks!!!!!!!

Respected Member
    congratulations classy girl
    "10% of life is made up of what happens to you, 90% is decided by how you react"
    "The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost"

Congratulations!

Congratulations
    JOHN and VANESSA

congratz to haven your FLR

Hi Bheng and David,

We've got married too here in the UK last April (came here in Feb on Fiancee Visa) and right away applied for FLR.It took almost 2 1/2 months before I've got my FLR approved which means I could work also.Just make sure that you will give all the documents they need and once you got a notification about the biometric make the appointment ASAP.At the moment I am still waiting for the ID which HO said will be mailed to me with in 7 days.You could ask me anything and will answer on the best of my knowledge but of course we have alot of members here who is more knowledgeable than me but still I will try.Good luck and for sure everything will be fine...
    can i ask if you had to pay a fee for the FLR?
    thanks in advance.

FLR fee

... as at April 2009 is
    £465 for postal applications
    £665 for premium (personal) applications

.... and add another £50 for each dependents (if any)

... and I'll say it for you ....

WHAT !
    THIS IS CRAZY !
    No man is an island, but Barry is

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdjones View Post
    ... as at April 2009 is
    £465 for postal applications
    £665 for premium (personal) applications

.... and add another £50 for each dependents (if any)

... and I'll say it for you ....

WHAT !
    THIS IS CRAZY !

Hehe, it will still go up and THAT'S FOR SURE

Congratulations Classygirl!
    " The people who mean something to your life are not rated "the best" don't have the most money, haven't won the greatest prizes....
    They are the ones who care about you, take care of you, those who, no matter what, stay close by... "

Thread Information