Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newbee

Newbee

Hi everyone

I am a British guy who has fallen for a Filipino girl, but she is stuck in the Philippines. We have been chatting over the internet since January and I am going over in November to meet her for the first time. If everything works out then I am hoping that she can come to the UK both to be with me and to work as a carer.

She is current finishing her course there in CDO in international studies, she has already completed her 6 month caregivers course and is doing voluntary work in caring to build up her experience and get her transfer of records?

The trouble is that neither of us have much spare money and I want to find the best and cheapest way to bring her to the UK. I am helping her to pay for her course at the moment.

I really did not want her to have to commit to me until she was in England in case she found that she did not like it here. Because of my job I cannot move to the Philippines, but it looks like that the only way with the strict rules here is for us to marry or her to come on fiancée visa. It seems sad that she will not be given the freedom to find out about life here before she commits to a long term relationship.

Anyway, I am hoping that perhaps with the help of the lovely people on this site I might find a way to get around these problems.

Thanks for listening.

Hello All I can say is welcome to the forum
    Not an expert, I only try to help.

[QUOTE=LastViking;152817]Hi everyone

I am a British guy who has fallen for a Filipino girl, but she is stuck in the Philippines....QUOTE]

Hello Last Viking, welcome to the the forum.

Filipinos can adopt quite quickly given the chance to find a job she'd enjoy, or meet new friends. Adjustment period is not constant, it will depend on how well she'll carry herself while in here.

But reading your post, I think the main concern is that you'd like to be with her in a much longer time before you commit to marry her. And I'd like to believe that she's feeling the same way too. But distance is making it complicated?

I don't know how long you'd stay in the Philippines this coming November, but I'm sure you'll take that opportunity to know her better and vice versa. From then hopefully you'd see if there's anything super special between you. Perhaps before you leave the Philippines, you'd be able to decide if it's worth getting a fiancee visa? Plus, if you go that route, she'll have 6 months to stay in the UK. I'm sure you'll both have the gist by then if you should move forward.

Best regards to both of you.

Quote Originally Posted by LastViking View Post
    Hi everyone

I am a British guy who has fallen for a Filipino girl, but she is stuck in the Philippines. We have been chatting over the internet since January and I am going over in November to meet her for the first time. If everything works out then I am hoping that she can come to the UK both to be with me and to work as a carer.

She is current finishing her course there in CDO in international studies, she has already completed her 6 month caregivers course and is doing voluntary work in caring to build up her experience and get her transfer of records?

The trouble is that neither of us have much spare money and I want to find the best and cheapest way to bring her to the UK. I am helping her to pay for her course at the moment.

I really did not want her to have to commit to me until she was in England in case she found that she did not like it here. Because of my job I cannot move to the Philippines, but it looks like that the only way with the strict rules here is for us to marry or her to come on fiancée visa. It seems sad that she will not be given the freedom to find out about life here before she commits to a long term relationship.

Anyway, I am hoping that perhaps with the help of the lovely people on this site I might find a way to get around these problems.

Thanks for listening.
    De Ja VU in a sense that my man who`s my other half now we didn`t want to commit to each other till we found out if I like it here or not but since he`d been courting with me for about 1 and a half year it seems there`s no other option but for us to get married in PI.Unfortunately there is no cheapest way to bring her to the UK.BTW which university in CDO is she? I know there`s only two University offering International studies I graduated in International studies as well in Xavier University (ateneo de Cagayan) the other Uni is Liceo de Cagayan.Hope you two will surpass all the troubles along the way just dont lose hope and everything will be fineGoodluck
    to loved and beloved is the greatest joy on earth...

Respected Member
    Welcome and Goodlouck for both of you
    It's good to have money and the things that money can buy, but it's good to check up once in a while to make sure you haven't lost the things that money can't buy.

hiya!welcome aboard

Smile

hello last viking and welcome to the forum. all i can say this site is sooo addictive. you can't help yourself coming back and peeping at the latest forums, unread posts, and to welcome newbies like yourself. enjoy and hope you find a solution to your problem. i'm sure you'll love it here
    "Success is not about how much money you have; it's about the choices you can make in life"

hi and welcome your only got to options marry her there or here in the uk the course or work in the philppines she do will not count here in the uk visit visa no good for you cos she will not beable to work the so you say your going november best to see how you get on and get lots of evidence first good luck

welcome aboard

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    hi i am a newbie in this site, i just got married to a norwegian man last june 20,2009 to be exact.
    and we are currently processing the papers for me to reunite with him..
    but we are facing dilemma since in the site it is specifically stated that entry
    visa is free of charge but they are requiring me to have the manager's check for almost 3000 kroner or 22,200 pesos! i really dont know about the whole
    processing, can someone advise me with this especially those filipinas who have or who are currently living in norway.. thank u

Work Visa will be almost impossible unless she's qualified as a doctor or nurse I think.
    Spouse or faincee Visa's are Ok, but time consuming and stressful.

Lots of us here have had similar experiences given the distance inviolved, the lack of time actually being together etc. My fiancee and I met about 15 months ago, and I'm still officially waiting for my decree absolute to come through from my previous marriage.
    I never thought for a MOMENT that I'd want to get married again, but meeting her changed everything for me.
    We've spent a grand total of 6 weeks together, but probably less than 7 days TOTAL we havent talked in all that time. I feel bad if i dont talk to her on the phone or on line at least once a day.

Good luck with everything, and welcome to the forum.

Welcome in here Viking
    To your question - I really doubt you'll be able to find any "shortcuts" or "ways around". I would say that you have only two options - fiancée or spousal visa with fiancee visa having the advantage of 6 months - as mentioned by Miss Piggy - so you/she can change your/her mind.
    Good luck to you both
    Jiri & Maricel

Banned
    Welcome to you.

Thnks Kadyj

Thnks very much for your reply, I am only able to be in the Philippines for 10 days in November because of work commitments. You do have it spot on though. I don't think either of us should rush into something and you point about the 6 months is very valid.

I understand though that under a Fiancée visas she is not allowed to work while she is here, is that right?

LV

Hi Mrs Daddy. Michelle is at the Liceo University at Rodelsa Building in Vamenta Boulevard.
    She is also doing volunteer work to get her certificates.

I am interested in your comment, thanks for replying. I a not sure I could wait 1 and half years to be together. :(

LV

Thnks

LV

Thnks I see you are in Durham, a lovely part of the country.

LV

Thnks

I am still finding my way around. I am sorry for the delay in replying, I just had not realised so many people would be kind enough to respond.

LV

Quote Originally Posted by winner View Post
    hi and welcome your only got to options marry her there or here in the uk the course or work in the philppines she do will not count here in the uk visit visa no good for you cos she will not beable to work the so you say your going november best to see how you get on and get lots of evidence first good luck
    Thnks Winner. What do you mean by evidence??? Evidence of what??

LV

Hi and Thnks

Hi Dee-Arve23 welcome. I am sorry I cannot help with your question as I am new to this as well but good luck.

Congrats on your marriage as well. I hope that you will be very happy together.

LV

Wow, thanks for your message MarBell379. I am getting a clearer picture now of the problems. I am waiting for my Divorce Absolute at the moment and my girl friend was also married in the Philippines before so she has to get a CENOMAR before we can go anywhere.

Why is life so complicated. :(

I hope things go OK for you, 15 months is such a long time to wait.

LV

Thnks

LV

Thanks, it looks pretty clear from what everyone is saying that I have to follow the financee visa route.

So there is little chance of her getting a student visa it seems. I thought that way she could come here and we would have more time for her to decide. She is a carer and I know that the local care homes are still looking for girls to study here.

LV

Banned

Talking

welcome i think you have quite a wait i you are waiting for your decree abs and she is waiting for annulment untill those two are sorted i think you are

hi lastviking the evidence that you need is that you meet a lot of letters that your are serious with each other you say you know her for 6m not long best for you is to get chating and get to know her more and wate till your free and her to marry and than go for your visa good luck

welcome to the forum viking you will find it more informative than all of the so called official sites.as they all say no short cuts and certainly not cheap but you will certainly have more idea of what you want to do after you have met your lady in november. im planning to go back there probably late in that month as i havent seen the wife since we were married last december. i cant apply for a spousal visa until i have everything in place in mid october,as it takes about three months on average to get the green light i cant wait thet long to be with her and my new family again.

HI Trader Dave, Yes that is why I was looking at other options like a student visa to get her here first. I know it is not going to be easy to get a Fiancée visa until we are both clear to marry.

LV

Quote Originally Posted by LastViking View Post
    Wow, thanks for your message MarBell379. I am getting a clearer picture now of the problems. I am waiting for my Divorce Absolute at the moment and my girl friend was also married in the Philippines before so she has to get a CENOMAR before we can go anywhere.

Why is life so complicated. :(

I hope things go OK for you, 15 months is such a long time to wait.

LV
    hi lastviking,

can't help myself but to ask you is your girlfiend's marriage already annulled? because you said she was married before. because if she is not annulled yet it will take quite a while. my marriage was annulled and it took me 11 mos. not to sure if you could get cenomar though because all i got was my previous marriage cert with annotation on it saying that it has been null and void. good day
    "Success is not about how much money you have; it's about the choices you can make in life"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information