Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

urgent advice needed

my wife has just applied for the spouse visa last week and we have provided all the documents they would require , unfortunately my job has just become redundant and my new 1 doesnt start till the begining of august , i will recive redundency money and a months wage but my concerns are that the visa will contact my job , find out i am now redundant and refuse the visa :(( i want to cry

please can anyone tell me if the visa will contact my employer ??

please reply asap if anyone knows ,

they have all my wage slips , my bank statements , p45's , work contract ext , is this enough proof for them or will they contact my employers ?

Banned
    In my assumption before your wife submit her application your still working, right? So from the point of view of the ECO, you didnt do it purposely, dont panic...I dont think it will affect her application, and besides you will start again on August, so keep
    calm.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.JMajor View Post
    In my assumption before your wife submit your still working, right? So from the point of view of the ECO, you didnt do it purposely, dont panic...I dont think it will affect her application, and besides you will start again on August, so keep calm

Would yo mind to ask, when she submit her application?
    she applied last week on friday and they text her the same day to say they had reviewed the papers and were sending them to brit. embassy by the 7th , we have provided everything they need in hope the process will be a speedy 1 , but will they contact my employers ? do you know if that is part of the process ?

Banned
    she applied last week on friday and they text her the same day to say they had reviewed the papers and were sending them to brit. embassy by the 7th , we have provided everything they need in hope the process will be a speedy 1 , but will they contact my employers ? do you know if that is part of the process ?

Banned
    by the way, the ECO didnt contact my husband employer anyway....

Respected Member
    hi Nathan, sorry to hear about what happened with ur job.. But with regards to ur wife's visa application I think the ECO will be more likely to know if u really can support ur wife and no need to depend on public funds,since you have submitted to them your bank statements and the like, you really don't have to worry. and if ever they contact your employer i think that will be only for validation that u really worked there.

Goodluck.

Banned
    thank you everybody for your support , i really need it

if you dont think they will contact my employer then maybe i should keep quite about my job being made redundant , i was thinking of getting my new job to write them a letter stating i will start work in august and say what my new salery will be ( better than my old 1 )

i already told them in my sponsor letter with my finances ( incoming and outgoings ) that i had been offered a new job and was thinking of handing in my notice

1 more question .... IF they do contact my employer and find out about the redundency , will they contact me afterwards to ask about my current situation or will they just fail the visa app ? i really pray i havent just wasted £585 +

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by meandwifey View Post
    thank you everybody for your support , i really need it

if you dont think they will contact my employer then maybe i should keep quite about my job being made redundant , i was thinking of getting my new job to write them a letter stating i will start work in august and say what my new salery will be ( better than my old 1 )

i already told them in my sponsor letter with my finances ( incoming and outgoings ) that i had been offered a new job and was thinking of handing in my notice

1 more question .... IF they do contact my employer and find out about the redundency , will they contact me afterwards to ask about my current situation or will they just fail the visa app ? i really pray i havent just wasted £585 +
    since you've mentioned it to ur sponsoring letter already u dont have to worry but make sure uve got the documents ready at hand so in case the ECo wanted documents of ur new job u can easily submitted it. and I think as long as uve had enough savings and u can support ur wife i dont see any problems of ur redundency after all u're wife is applying for a spouse visa she will be qualified to work in here when she arrives.

Banned
    thanks , i have already spoken with my new boss and he is happy to write me a letter , i will get him to sign it and send it to my wife in phil. so she has it ready incase it is needed

PS... big apology to the admin for posting my thread numerous times , i was so worried and really needed that question posting ASAP and the admin review took over an hour , think i tried posting it 2 or 3 times in here and tried to post it as a reply in my intoduce yourself thread too .. sorry

Banned
    And to lessen your worry, they wont just turned down settlement application, if they are not satisfied to all the documents you gave to them, your wife will be likely to call for interview and that was your chance to give all the new documents/letter your saying...so dont stress to much your self ,lol

Banned
    lol , thanks , u guys have been a big help i just felt so lost while waiting for admin to aprove my post

when i applied for the spouse visa,i put together everything we needed to apply and we never had any contact from them.

but maybe if they do check then its best that you have everything written done and ready to explain?

can i ask when did you know you was going to be made reduntant and getting a new job,surely you knew before you applied for the visa and maybe you should of applied when you was still in work?

and you could of just explained in your support letter about your employment status because i dont think it would of made any difference as long as you have money to support you both together with some saving to cover you until you start working again?

i shouldnt worry so goodluck!
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

Banned
    we applied for the visa last friday , and i was still working at that point , i only just got made redundant today :(and as for applying for visa sooner ? u think we have just been sitting on our arses ? we love each other and cant bare to be apart , we applied for the visa as soon as she got her passport back with her new name

you got made reduntant today and already got a new job in the same day?

so i wont worry about having any contact from them as everything is in order,i see no reason why they will check anything?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post
    you got made reduntant today and already got a new jobin the same?

so i wont worry about having any contact from them as everything is in order,i see no reason why they will check anything?
    See, I told yah meandwifey

and you could of just explained in your support letter about your employment status because i dont think it would of made any difference as long as you have money to support you both together with some saving to cover you until you start working again?

i shouldnt worry so goodluck!
    *Nat [hope you don't mind the *abbreviation] and Welcome! Having read about your predicament, I wholly agree with everything 'bornatbirth has just said. The fact that I happened to be RETIRED and living on a modest occupational pension had absolutely no bearing whatsoever on my wife's application ... which was approved well-within the three months' target set by the British Embassy.

So relax, ... secure in the knowledge that Spousal Visas are SELDOM - if EVER - refused! Good Luck, mate!

btw you may get it after 6 weeks?

we did!

btw you may get it after 6 weeks?

we did!
    Yup! We were even luckier. Myrna's application was submitted on January 20, and she recived her visa on February 24. Mind you, business at the Embassy was probably a bit quieter in the early part of the year.

Banned
    i had been offered a new job before i lost my current one

also i told the visa in my sponser letter that i was offered a better paid job and was thinking of handing in my notice so i could start this new job beggining of aug. just so happens i dont need to do this now :P

Banned
    arthur that is great news !! i have been told by numerous people that if we provide more than enough docs. then the process for visa app. will take 1 month .. i really hope this is the case for us , we have provided them with everything plus more

then it looks like theres no more need to panic!

as you already got it covered in your support letter so sit back and relax,the time will soon fly by!

Banned
    phew !! panic over now thanks to all you guys , without your advice i would be tearing my hair out , so glad i joined this site

what part of manchester are you from ?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    what part of manchester are you from ?
    whalley wrange origanlly but living in castlefield now , u from manny too ?

will be good for my wife to have a filipina friend when she arrives here

Quote Originally Posted by meandwifey View Post
    whalley wrange origanlly but living in castlefield now , u from manny too ?

will be good for my wife to have a filipina friend when she arrives here
    yes, near eccles.
    my wife is not the friendly type, i only let her off the lead to go to work

there are many pinoys in greater manchester , most around hope hospital, my misses spoke to two filipina's tonght, your misses will find them, just need to folllow the smell of lechon

good luck with your visa app

Banned
    lmao .. no comment :P

Newbie (Restricted Access)

pls... I need help

Hi! Good day! Pls. help me... I need an advise. I just tried my luck to apply as a nanny in UK over the Internet. and I met some family whos willing to sponsor me as a nanny. But they dont know how to start processing my papers. Can I ask if it is possible for me to go to UK as a nanny?[/B]

Sorry vsiador but am afraid you`ve been SCAM!
    to loved and beloved is the greatest joy on earth...

Banned
    why is he banned?

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Florge View Post
    why is he banned?
    http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....365#post152365

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information