Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    It was an educated guess Soph,I know his type,collect,select,reject
    Oh you do? It takes one to know one? lol just kidding
    "10% of life is made up of what happens to you, 90% is decided by how you react"
    "The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost"

Now how did I know that Drop him or prolong your agony,didnt you ever ask for his address to send him a card or his home number just in case?If you had he would have given you a load of excuses
    actually, I am planning to ask that this week as I wanted to send him a bday card. Its our bday two weeks from now (he's july 5 and I'm july 7).

Yes,good thing for you,bad for me,I feel like I just dropped 20 quid down the drain Soph,he is a type,I met some strange guys,they are around,collect a few women,good for their ego,they are getting on,mid-life crisis,start to panic wondering if they still look good to the opposite sex,you know the sort,as winter approaches a male flower tries to pollinate as many females as possible because he feels the pull of his own mortality,a last ditch effort

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by Sophie View Post
    Oh you do? It takes one to know one? lol just kidding
    I was on the receiving end,collected,selected,rejected and felt dejected

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by jam07 View Post
    actually, I am planning to ask that this week as I wanted to send him a bday card. Its our bday two weeks from now (he's july 5 and I'm july 7).
    He would have came up with some form of excuse,basic type fantasist,probably told you a tissue of lies from beginning to end,if you had cornered him for the address you would have been fed excuses,which part of the UK is he from

Respected Member
    Ok, you do that jam and see if he will be ok with it....
    If he decline or come up with excuses not to give those details, then i guess that's it,
    you really have to move on and stop wasting your time and emotions on this guy anymore....
    Anyway, happy birthday in advance jam
    "10% of life is made up of what happens to you, 90% is decided by how you react"

He would have came up with some form of excuse,basic type fantasist,probably told you a tissue of lies from beginning to end,if you had cornered him for the address you would have been fed excuses,which part of the UK is he from

Durham, England...

Durham?My parents and sis live there Maligayang kaarawan in advance ask for his addie but dont hold your breath while waiting,your face might turn blue

Respected Member
    I was on the receiving end,collected,selected,rejected and felt dejected
    Oh really? lol, poor you

Respected Member
    Yes,good thing for you,bad for me,I feel like I just dropped 20 quid down the drain Soph,he is a type,I met some strange guys,they are around,collect a few women,good for their ego,they are getting on,mid-life crisis,start to panic wondering if they still look good to the opposite sex,you know the sort,as winter approaches a male flower tries to pollinate as many females as possible because he feels the pull of his own mortality,a last ditch effort
    Yeah, sad but true...........
    I hope jam's bf is not like one of this guys though..........

I always figured any woman that dumps me must be a lesbian right? Her loss,I think she married a guy twice my age with twice my money from california

Durham?My parents and sis live there Maligayang kaarawan in advance ask for his addie but dont hold your breath while waiting,your face might turn blue
    Maraming Salamat Tawi I will ask for his address when he comes back online but I am not waiting anymore. I'm just too turned off. if he'll come back as he said he will, we will talk about this...

Wait to see if he sends you a card,or rings you on your birthday,thats a good barometer as to the termerature of the relationship

Ok, you do that jam and see if he will be ok with it....
    If he decline or come up with excuses not to give those details, then i guess that's it,
    you really have to move on and stop wasting your time and emotions on this guy anymore....
    Anyway, happy birthday in advance jam
    thanks sophie I'll do that but if he gave lame excuses again, thats it... :xxviolent

Respected Member
    thanks sophie I'll do that but if he gave lame excuses again, thats it... :xxviolent
    you're welcome jam

Banned
    he did text me yesterday ('ring me now')... he texted that all of a sudden... hmmmm.. maybe he read this thread as I have shared him a link to this site when I was inquiring about visa application... hmmm... just a thought...
    Dont think of that his pc isnt working di ba?

Hi Jam, been reading your thread with interest, sorry to hear of your troubles.

I'm guessing, that you haven't met yet in person?...What are his intentions? has he talked about coming to visit you?...Sorry, if I've got all this wrong?

We live in a world of communication, where it's not hard to stay in contact, with someone if you really want to.

Last summer, I had no internet connection for a month. My telephone line got struck by lightning, it literally blew the sockets out of the wall...There was an almighty bang! & the cat shot off my lap. ...Had to have the whole line replaced.

The point I'm making is, I could still use a phone, could still text & could go to the library to use free internet there.

Whether you stay with him or not, you deserve much better.

I wish you well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.JMajor View Post
    Dont think of that his pc isnt working di ba?
    oo nga ano hehe!

Banned
    ...........I dont know what to think anymore...
    why are guys soooooo insensitive at times?! grrr!!!
    Hi Jam,

Just caught up on some posts.
    Glad to see your bf and you are back in touch.

Now I don't know about every man, but when you read "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus" (referencing the experiences of many many relationship problems), men generally follow a pattern of "going into the cave" to reflect and sort out their predicaments.
    I know I do.
    Women generally like to talk all the time, men can shut off at times.

Don't worry too much, perhaps he will keep in touch for a long time, but do be prepared for his occasional silences.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aposhark View Post
    men can shut off at times.
    but do be prepared for his occasional silences.
    Can be true to some men or most men i suppose, but i still don't get it until now lol. Maybe you could shed some light on this........

Hi Jam,

Just caught up on some posts.
    Glad to see your bf and you are back in touch.

Now I don't know about every man, but when you read "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus" (referencing the experiences of many many relationship problems), men generally follow a pattern of "going into the cave" to reflect and sort out their predicaments.
    I know I do.
    Women generally like to talk all the time, men can shut off at times.

Don't worry too much, perhaps he will keep in touch for a long time, but do be prepared for his occasional silences.
    Hi Aposhark yup i guess he's back... he texted me a while ago but I didnt reply. I'm still irritated at him... I am at the verge of breaking up with him but still I want to see if there will be some more developments... we'll see...

Respected Member
    he texted me a while ago but I didnt reply.
    Yeah, give him a doze of his own medicine

Yeah, give him a doze of his own medicine
    yup sophie! that's what I am planning to do

Respected Member
    yup sophie! that's what I am planning to do
    you go girl

you go girl
    yup! dont mess up with a filipina

Banned
    Can be true to some men or most men i suppose, but i still don't get it until now lol. Maybe you could shed some light on this........
    Hiya Sophie,

I could waffle on for many many minutes about this issue but I think if you read Gray's book, it will become clearer.

Basically men go into the cave and women like to talk about problems.
    Trouble is that men tend to try to "fix" things when women just want to be "heard".
    The big problem is that men try to go into the cave but sometimes women cannot understand this as they want to keep on talking to solve the problem. He is trying to avert a potential crisis or really bad situation and words sometimes confuse a man further.
    It is so complicated at times, but men should just walk away when things get too strained, AND women should know when to stop hounding their man.
    After all, tomorrow is another day and we want to be together with our partner, not stuck in the doghouse or worse.

When I was about 14 I told my mother (now sadly departed this world) that I didn't understand girls.
    She gave me a pearl of wisdom that I will never forget.......
    "I'll just give you one tip. Never try to understand a woman because they don't understand themselves".

Now, I don't want to say that I never want to try to understand my wife, for example - because I always do, but there becomes a point where a man has to understand that we cannot always "fix" a woman's predicament, but we can certainly try to stand back, focus and then smile.
    If things get a little strained, I certainly see the benefit of not getting into the nitty gritty ad infinitum. Walk away, let things settle down and then instead of getting back into the minutiae when we meet again, go back and just hold her without going over everything again.
    The strongest man is the man who walks away and walks back quietly.

Just my teapot philosophy, and I can say that the years have honed this down from the mad days of a young man's perspective.

Respected Member
    yup! dont mess up with a filipina
    Oh yes!

Respected Member
    Hiya Sophie,

I could waffle on for many many minutes about this issue but I think if you read Gray's book, it will become clearer.

Trouble is that men tend to try to "fix" things when women just want to be "heard".
    The big problem is that men try to go into the cave but sometimes women cannot understand this as they want to keep on talking to solve the problem. He is trying to avert a potential crisis or really bad situation and words sometimes confuse a man further.
    It is so complicated at times, but men should just walk away when things get too strained, AND women should know when to stop hounding their man.
    After all, tomorrow is another day and we want to be together with our partner, not stuck in the doghouse or worse.

When I was about 14 I told my mother (now sadly departed this world) that I didn't understand girls.
    "I'll just give you one tip. Never try to understand a woman because they don't understand themselves".

Now, I don't want to say that I never want to try to understand my wife, for example - because I always do, but there becomes a point where a man has to understand that we cannot always "fix" a woman's predicament, but we can certainly try to stand back, focus and then smile.
    If things get a little strained, I certainly see the benefit of not getting into the nitty gritty ad infinitum. Walk away, let things settle down and then instead of getting back into the minutiae when we meet again, go back and just hold her without going over everything again.

Just my teapot philosophy, and I can say that the years have honed this down from the mad days of a young man's perspective.
    wow, very interesting, that sure made things clearer
    women ought to get gray's book so we understand men more,
    or better yet, consult with aposhark for free

Respected Member

This one really made me laugh, i think because it definitely figures, lol
    I bet you took her word for it, coming from a woman herself....
    Anway, i'm sorry about your mother, but she sure was a very wise woman

Walk away, let things settle down and then instead of getting back into the minutiae when we meet again, go back and just hold her without going over everything again.
    while the woman proceed to talk and pick up from where they left off

Banned
    Hiya Sophie,

Everytime I read your words, I always thought of my lovey dovey, when I am annoyed, he did that, he walk away quietly/politely (that I feel guilty) and if he know that I am calm, he will just give a big hug and asking if I am alright or still grumpy, you really mature and sensible person, Rochelyn will be very proud of you

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information