Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

a threat to relationship or not?

just want to ask everyone here if your partner's ex's, either ex wife/husband or ex girlfriend/boyfriend or live-in partner pose a threat on your relationship?

well, in my case, I DO TRUST my husband but I just don't trust his ex gf, that's why it annoys me if she calls
    with a heart full of love, you will express your highest potential while also fulfilling your soul's deepest purpose:
    TO LOVE AND BE LOVED!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by islander View Post
    well, in my case, I DO TRUST my husband but I just don't trust his ex gf, that's why it annoys me if she calls

She knows that the two of you do not compare at all, don't forget that he married you instead of her....

She also knows that by coming around from time to time winds you up....

So don't take the bait and act cool, as soon as she relizes that you aren't falling for it, she'll probably give up.

Or you could subtley tell your husband that you do not appreciate her around, but this is more of a risk as they could meet away from your patch and you would be left wondering....

Next visit just sit down sharpening your machete while grinning at her
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    hehehe good idea boss
    all things are possible!

Banned
    Cool Cheryl

They maybe just good friends after break up as here in the UK, LoVe to Friendship DO! But also bear in mind that NO WOMAN CAN SEDUCE A HAPPY HUSBAND!!!!

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by islander View Post
    just want to ask everyone here if your partner's ex's, either ex wife/husband or ex girlfriend/boyfriend or live-in partner pose a threat on your relationship?

Oh well, that's understandable, i would get annoyed too if i were in your place. I just don't get what's the purpose of those calls. If it's an official call, then fine by me. But how do you define an official call? That, you have to figure out. And also be open to your husband about it, let him know you're not comfortable with the idea. On the otherhand, keep her within your radar so you know her every move, you can even befriend her if you can, just to make sure she cannot get close enough to steal your man, lol. As the saying goes "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"
    "10% of life is made up of what happens to you, 90% is decided by how you react"
    "The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost"

why aye!i will do that alsocoz i've noticed that a lot of english woman are desperate to get back there ex's even they know that the man are already married.im telling these coz i experience this a lot of times

Banned
    well, you have that doll and pin? kulamin! ...LOL... kidding...

Good idea Florge,I have lots of Siquijodnons as friends,they all believe in that

Banned
    i somewhat believe in that as well... ehehe...

when she comes round just cook tuyo?
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

Quote Originally Posted by aromulus View Post
    She knows that the two of you do not compare at all, don't forget that he married you instead of her....

She also knows that by coming around from time to time winds you up....

So don't take the bait and act cool, as soon as she relizes that you aren't falling for it, she'll probably give up.

Or you could subtley tell your husband that you do not appreciate her around, but this is more of a risk as they could meet away from your patch and you would be left wondering....
    Thanks for your great advice!

I might try it if she decides to visit

Quote Originally Posted by pennybarry View Post
    Cool Cheryl

They maybe just good friends after break up as here in the UK, LoVe to Friendship DO! But also bear in mind that NO WOMAN CAN SEDUCE A HAPPY HUSBAND!!!!
    I do agree with you penny... coz she never succeeded in seducing my husband

Quote Originally Posted by Sophie View Post
    Oh well, that's understandable, i would get annoyed too if i were in your place. I just don't get what's the purpose of those calls. If it's an official call, then fine by me. But how do you define an official call? That, you have to figure out. And also be open to your husband about it, let him know you're not comfortable with the idea. On the otherhand, keep her within your radar so you know her every move, you can even befriend her if you can, just to make sure she cannot get close enough to steal your man, lol. As the saying goes "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"
    I think whether calls be considered official or not, I still do believe that it's not anymore appropriate. Well, It's a good idea to keep enemies closer & be more vigilant,

Quote Originally Posted by Ana_may365 View Post
    why aye!i will do that alsocoz i've noticed that a lot of english woman are desperate to get back there ex's even they know that the man are already married.im telling these coz i experience this a lot of times
    I absolutely agree with you! I think they just can't accept that they were replaced by a filipina, who is much better that they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Florge View Post
    well, you have that doll and pin? kulamin! ...LOL... kidding...
    Hmmmmm! can you refer one?

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Good idea Florge,I have lots of Siquijodnons as friends,they all believe in that
    Is it true? how i wish i am in Phils....

Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post
    when she comes round just cook tuyo?
    A good idea I suppose....
    with a heart full of love, you will express your highest potential while also fulfilling your soul's deepest purpose:
    TO LOVE AND BE LOVED!

Hi Islander,
    You will get various reponses when it comes to topic about the exes. In my opinion, it all depends on the wife. If the woman accepts and tolerates her husband's friendly relationship with the exes and she never thought of it as a threat to the relationship then so be it. For some women they prefer their husband not to be friends with the exes anymore. You can set your own standards as the husband has it too. Couples should agree and has to talk about it so there will be no conflict on the relationship. Women are treated the way they allow themselves to be treated.

" The people who mean something to your life are not rated "the best" don't have the most money, haven't won the greatest prizes....
    They are the ones who care about you, take care of you, those who, no matter what, stay close by... "

Respected Member pacificelectric's Avatar
    My ex, who is a doctor, discouraged me from trying to get involved with young Pinays and when I told her I had found one just 4 years younger she approved and encouraged me and today I am very happy!! (see me thread about age gap...)

I can honestly say that my ex wife, and mother of my two children, is NO threat to my relationship and I sincerely hope my fiancee doesn't regard her as one.
    We get on well. We have to as I still see my children regularly and have no desire to upset them at all. Getting on well doesn't mean I want to go back though, and there is nothing on this earth that would entice me away from my fiancee.

Respected Member
    I guess it's normal to feel exes are threats to a relationship. As they say in Tagalog, "una syang naging kanya" so a bit of jealousy and insecurity follow. But then again, she's the past and you're the present and the future.

Banned
    a threat to relationship or not?

It is a threat if your husband and his ex-lover still have feelings towards each other.

if you feel bothers by his ex you better disconnect her in your life. that is mean stop communicating with her. rather than you keep pretending that you are cool with it but in reality you have doubt and it bothers you a lot.

she is the ex and she should NOT be a part of you and your husband's life.

if they have kids it should be the attention only for the kids and nothing more than that.

just a thought.

Is there a reason why she's calling? Like they have children together? If not, be really nice to her, be her friend. She'll hate it and stop calling.

Thread Information