Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

View Poll Results: Can you forgive someone who have deeply hurt you?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

17 39.53%
  • No

11 25.58%
  • Maybe

14 32.56%
  • No Comment

1 2.33%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question Can you forgive someone who has deeply hurt you?

?????

No.

Depends on how long it took to wait to be repaired in A and E. Oh not that sort of hurt umm sometimes its not worth hating somebody or forgiving them just forget the issue and move on, removing them from your life.

At the end of the day you have to first look after your self, way to many people waste valuable time trying to cope with similar issues. Wasting vauable days,weeks and years in their lifes.

So I say Carry on, if fate says you should be back together somehow it will happen otherwise enjoy life.

Seen to many incompatiable people try to change either one, the other or both of themsleves. rarely seems to work.
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay&Zobel View Post
    ?????
    Time heals all wounds. IMO, we can forgive but not tend to forget what he/she has done to us.

Yes!!

But some find it harder than others!

Respected Member
    Yes i can and i did
    I was able to forgive, i got over the pain but i did not forget the pain.
    Just like having a scar, when you look at it, you forget what and how you got it as it doesn't hurt anymore but you remember how it hurt back when it was still fresh specially the very moment you just got cut and bleeding.
    Forgiving is one thing, forgetting is another.
    But it's not the person you don't forget, it's the pain you felt at the moment you were going through it.
    Bygone's
    "10% of life is made up of what happens to you, 90% is decided by how you react"
    "The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost"

Quote Originally Posted by charlwill View Post
    Time heals all wounds. IMO, we can forgive but not tend to forget what he/she has done to us.
    but why not forgive & forget? then move on? lol... easy to say than done...hmmm///

?????
    Only with GREAT difficulty ... and even then, a lot would depend upon the circumstances and/or the manner in which he/she/they did so.

Banned
    but why not forgive & forget? then move on? lol... easy to say than done...hmmm///

It's easy to forgive but not to forget specially if you hurt deeply. But then of course, it really depends on how big or small the damage.

Irobot..." Sunny Different From The Rest..."

ref :- Can you forgive someone who has deeply hurt you?

NO !!....

Sorry, But there are some boundaries that can not be crossed,it is a matter of personal principles ..... Phil...
    ...A wild bird should never be caged as it breaks it`s spirit...The cage door is always open...

I think yes in time......

Quote Originally Posted by irobot View Post
    Sorry, But there are some boundaries that can not be crossed,it is a matter of personal principles ..... Phil...
    I suppose if I were to be truly honest with myself here, Phil, I would have to say ""

Quote Originally Posted by PAT View Post
    ... hmm, perhapsss ... again, depending on the nature of the hurt. But, on balance, I'm still in agreement with Phil's reasoning.

Angry

For me yes .... I'm thankful to them they made me strong person. And forgiving is for me is one key to be more HAPPY.

The priest told me when i asked for an advice when I'm deeply hurt and very depressed. He said forgive him and stop thinking about what happened because its like a wound if you keep touching or scratching it will not heal and will always hurt you. And dont forget to pray to God and ask for help to forget someone because it's not really easy that's why we have TIME. Time to heal.

Quote Originally Posted by simonline View Post
    For me yes .... I'm thankful to them they made me strong person. And forgiving is for me is one key to be more HAPPY.

The priest told me when i asked for an advice when I'm deeply hurt and very depressed. He said forgive him and stop thinking about what happened because its like a wound if you keep touching or scratching it will not heal and will always hurt you. And dont forget to pray to God and ask for help to forget someone because it's not really easy that's why we have TIME. Time to heal.
    Sound advice from a much respected figure, I have to admit! Even so, there are certain things that happened to me in my working life which I find hard to dismiss 20 and more years on. Nor can I forget the bullying I was subjected to at school - from teachers and fellow pupils alike - upwards of half a century ago. The memory of such treatment, alas is never likely to fade.

However, we can agree to disagree here as, after all, debate is what this (or indeed any kind of forum) is all about. So I would like to extend a warm welcome to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Only with GREAT difficulty ... and even then, a lot would depend upon the circumstances and/or the manner in which he/she/they did so.
    For some people Yes, with GREAT DIFFICULTY. However, they find it difficult because they adhere to the belief that they have not done anything wrong. Some people are too self-righteous and opinionated and would not listen to reasons and explanations and even ruling out the fact that they, too, have contributed to the reasons why other people have hurt them.

Some people detest being lied to without realizing that they, too, are big liars. Some people want to know everything about their partners but withholding information about themselves. Yet, they are the ones who are obstinately reluctant to forgive.

Banned
    Forgiveness may not be easy to do straight away, but in the end it is good to forgive as then it becomes easy to move on.

None of us are perfect.

Banned
    Gouging eyes out with a blunt wooden spoon count as yes or no....????

Banned
    If someone asked for forgiveness, I can easily be pleased. Rather than living in hatred. That's why I don't really understand people why they choose to live in hatred and hard for them to forgive and forget.

I believed, When we hate, we destroy our own happiness and love of life. Our pain is not lessened when we respond with hatred

Long time ago my friend hooked my BF and they didn't tell me. Someone told me about it and I was deeply hurt. I haven't heard any forgiveness from my friend. But after few years, I told her if you can't asked for forgiveness, YOU ARE FORGIVEN.

Respected Member maria_and_matt's Avatar
    No, there is really just no reason why people should hurt each other, I do my best to be mindful of not hurting others. I have been deeply hurt by people in the past and i can surely say that I still have not forgiven them.
    God grant me the serenity to accept the things i cannot change, the courage to change the things i can and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those people i had to kill because they pissed me off.

Respected Member
    Forgive? Absolutely YES. But can't forget about it.

Banned
    there should be another button that says: Depends... LOL.. but yes, I can forgive.. in time... Life is too short to have enemies.. and I don't want to have an unfinished business when I die.

no

No problem with forgiveness its certainly possible to do that but in the situation of relationships that may still mean that whilst forgiving the other and even understanding that one has reached the end of the road in terms of being together.

As Mr Robot says its a question of boundries and I agree with Somebody to re move on whilst not forgetting any good times either
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

Banned
    Base on the question "DEEPLY HURT"...as in deeply...NO,

it all depends who and what they did to hurt you?

and how they react to you afterwards!

i couldnt live with hatred for ever i will be hurt at first but forgive them later but at my own time,i guess we are all human and not perfect so at some point we will make mistakes.

it really does depend on how they hurt you,i cant talk for anyone else but some times why someone has done something isnt always clear and if you can understand why they did it them that can lead to forgiveness?
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

A good question. In principle yes. Depending on what it is the person has done, I may never permit them to be in a position where they can do that again. True forgiveness has no memory so I guess I'm not perfect.
    Be responsible with little so that you can be trusted with much!!

Quote Originally Posted by irobot View Post
    NO !!....

I suppose if I were to be truly honest with myself here, Phil, I would have to say ""
    Quote Originally Posted by PAT View Post
    ... hmm, perhapsss ... again, depending on the nature of the hurt. But, on balance, I'm still in agreement with Phil's reasoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by simonline View Post

Sound advice from a much respected figure, I have to admit! Even so, there are certain things that happened to me in my working life which I find hard to dismiss 20 and more years on. Nor can I forget the bullying I was subjected to at school - from teachers and fellow pupils alike - upwards of half a century ago. The memory of such treatment, alas is never likely to fade.

However, we can agree to disagree here as, after all, debate is what this (or indeed any kind of forum) is all about. So I would like to extend a warm welcome to you.

haha haha... Make up your mind Arthur lol...

SO I SEE YOUR ANSWER IS: IT DEPENDS LOL..

Quote Originally Posted by somebody View Post
    Depends on how long it took to wait to be repaired in A and E.
    lo;

Quote Originally Posted by Eljohno View Post
    Yes!!

But some find it harder than others!
    indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by aposhark View Post
    Forgiveness may not be easy to do straight away, but in the end it is good to forgive as then it becomes easy to move on.
    None of us are perfect.
    Very true...

Quote Originally Posted by pennybarry View Post
    I believed, When we hate, we destroy our own happiness and love of life. Our pain is not lessened when we respond with hatred
    I agree wth you here Penny... But but but...chocolate butt...lol...hmmm?

Quote Originally Posted by maria_and_matt View Post
    No, there is really just no reason why people should hurt each other, I do my best to be mindful of not hurting others. I have been deeply hurt by people in the past and i can surely say that I still have not forgiven them.
    Yep! the golden rule...

Quote Originally Posted by Florge View Post
    there should be another button that says: Depends... LOL..

Quote Originally Posted by Piamed View Post
    A good question. In principle yes. Depending on what it is the person has done, I may never permit them to be in a position where they can do that again. True forgiveness has no memory so I guess I'm not perfect.

hmmm... hehehe...
    now it's even more confusing lol...

but hey, whatever? hmmm... maybe... ah well.... (mind isnt working atm lol)

Might forgive them when they are pushing up daisys

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information