Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Respected Member pacificelectric's Avatar

Age gap: a big deal or not??

It is my understanding that a large number of marriages or relations between Filipinas and Westerners involve a significant age gap, sometimes in terms of decades (I have read firsthand stories of up to four decades!) and since I have been trying my luck on the Internet dating sites I have been approached by younger Filipinas in their early 30s (I am 54) and even less but so far this led to failure or lack of interest on both sides until the last failure I described here a couple of months ago (http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=14713) with a Filipina aged 28.

Now I am developing a relation with a widow who is 50, so just four years younger who came on a dating site as I understand some of her friends found foreign husbands and are happy that way and anyway she says most Filipinos her age are interested in much younger girls...

Well honestly I did not expect to get involved with a Filipina so close to my own age bracket but I really appreciate her, she already has grown up kids and won’t beg me to make babies, she is patient, matured (much more than me!) and lovely.

I was wondering if some members of the Forum had experience of mixed couples where the age gap is very small and what they think on the long term? I know she expects me to move forward and I feel ready to...

Honestly, I would be foolish to resist that smile!

Pacific,the mother of my son was a pinay,she was 9 years older than me As long as you feel relaxed and comfortable with your good lady why give a stuff what anyone else thinks?Your lady looks cool,be happy

For me age gap is not an issue, if u both go on will then go for it.
    Its not the age that matters its the disposition and how you see
    life plus acceptance.Most important thing is that you heading the
    same way and that ur happy and comfortable with the
    relationship. Take it from there now and see what will happen next.
    Diffrences is normal as long as you work it out in a way that both of
    you is willing to accept things about each other.
    If u love someone you go for it dont waste any time, to love and be
    loved is what we really want in life before other things (money)
    or maybe the opposite
    Anyway, good luck and if you found ur happiness go for it
    With her smile dont let her go

i thought you was talking about a big age gap but you have a small age gap!

she looks great and like most filipinas she has a great smile

why would you worry about it? what you should worry about is how you feel when your with her and when you think about her!

goodluck!
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

Banned

Wink

AT LAST someone brings this subject up and it can be a touchy one oooooooooo i just read the thread properly and ITS A SMALL AGE GAP well i wont bother going into a long debate

i will just say to any guy dont dismiss a young filipina it can be fun it can be tiring they are a lot different than the idiots of the same age in the uk

i am 53 my babe it 24 but if you are happy with a 50 year old that is nearer your age carry on

Banned
    Pacific,age gap isnt an issue as long both parties ,especially the young one is honest and sincere....

Lets talk about your situation...I will go for you,for that 50 yrs old widow woman,shes matured..dedicate...sensible mature woman ,especially in relationship and they are caring,you wont regret it on the end,I will bet..go for it
    Good luck

been thru this many times, each to their own

my misses is 6yrs younger, means when i retire she will still be working, and i get to sit at home and do nothing but spend her wages

Age gap .....

i have a friend who said she doesn't like old guys who's only 40's she thinks its too old, but when she goes online ....... she even like to marry an old guy 68 years old of age,

I wonder what she means by old, 40's is old bcoz they don't like her and 68's are young bcoz the guy likes her lol

If you are both happy then go for it

Goodluck
    LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL

Respected Member
    Whatever age as long as u are both happy, love and respect each other it will definitely work

All the best pacific
    It's good to have money and the things that money can buy, but it's good to check up once in a while to make sure you haven't lost the things that money can't buy.

for me big age gap is a big deal. can't see myself dating or marrying someone older enough to be my father I know for some works I just wish them all the best.

you're right that woman have such a lovely smile (but don't be deceive by innocent smile/lovely smile). May be younger woman is not for you and a woman at her age may be a more wife material for you I am definite that she will look after you better (for sure no plan to have a baby at all) but of course younger woman are more sexually active lol. Try to visit her, her place looks so nice too...good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by cheesewiz View Post
    for me big age gap is a big deal. can't see myself dating or marrying someone older enough to be my father I know for some works I just wish them all the best.

you're right that woman have such a lovely smile (but don't be deceive by innocent smile/lovely smile). May be younger woman is not for you and a woman at her age may be a more wife material for you I am definite that she will look after you better (for sure no plan to have a baby at all) but of course younger woman are more sexually active lol. Try to visit her, her place looks so nice too...good luck!
    is that really true?
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

I think condemnation of a couple with a wide chasm between their ages is a western concept,I am comfortable with someone my own age,but we all choose a partner according to our own criteria,you actually seem well balanced in your ages Pacific,some guys your age want an 18 year old,others prefer a lady closer to their own age,its personal choice so long as your happy

Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post
    is that really true?
    no!its not
    im 44 now but still i have lana in tagalog
    and my hubby is 61.age gap is doesnt matter to uswe love each other,were happy together,we're a team work and still were always in our honeymoon even were 7 years already

I like that Ana,that term "Teamwork" your husband is a lucky guy

[QUOTE=pacificelectric;135885]

I was wondering if some members of the Forum had experience of mixed couples where the age gap is *very small and what they think on the long term? I know she expects me to move forward and I feel ready to...

Honestly, I would be foolish to resist that smile!

I am happily married to a Filipina who is slightly more than 14 years younger than me. Though such an age-gap might *not [be seen] as being entirely insignificant from a BRITISH perspective, it is, nevertheless considered acceptable in the light of us both having been widowed and long-ago reached a mature stage in our lives. And this factor, in itself, would seem to form the crux of the matter; indeed, notwithstanding my apparent financial shortfall - and Myrna's professional background apart - it may well have had a crucial bearing on the ECO's [relatively quick] decision in our favour only 4/5 weeks after her visa application was submitted.

I have a daughter who is fast-approaching her 40s and so, from a purely personal angle, have to confess I'd have felt more than a little self-conscious at the prospect of becoming involved in a relationship with someone of that age or [God forbid] even younger. Even in my own situation, I'm well-aware that by the time Myrna qualifies for a state pension here (in line with the new government guidelines being implemented next year) I'll be nearly 80. But of course, that's only MY way of thinking and, at the end of the day, couples where the man is sometimes several decades older the woman have their own reasons for marrying ... and that's fine, so long as these are honourable and there's no hidden agenda. It's often said that biological age is merely a number, and people are only as old as they feel, after all.

Pacific Electric: 'twould be sheer folly not to be captivated by your loved one's irresistable, winning smile!

Arthur,I think the saying is your only as old as the woman you feel

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    I like that Ana,that term "Teamwork" your husband is a lucky guy
    why aye!and im lucky to have him also

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ana_may365 View Post
    no!its not
    im 44 now but still i have lana in tagalog
    and my hubby is 61.age gap is doesnt matter to uswe love each other,were happy together,we're a team work and still were always in our honeymoon even were 7 years already

Quote Originally Posted by Ana_may365 View Post
    why aye!and im lucky to have him also
    Why aye man?I havent heard that for a long time My goodness,I might have to take a trip up there soon for a refresher language course,I used to know a Pinay in Sunderland years ago called Angie,she was the only one in Sunderland at that time,it was funny to hear her say "Aye man"

:lol2:

Love has no limit as they said no matter what age,race,culture differences as long as you are both true to each other...!amen!
    to loved and beloved is the greatest joy on earth...

Age gap isn't really an issue... It's the personality and compatibility.... Hubby is older than me by number but never i felt that he really is older . We are very much compatible we both don't enjoy going out or hanging out with friends (bar, staying out late night). Don't get me wrong we do have friends... I guess woman are more matured than thier age by nature (or it's just Pinays). It's shouldn't make any difference as long as you have the same interest, you both laugh at the same things and most of all you LOVE EACH OTHER.
    tiger tigress

♥♥♥♥Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, While loving someone deeply gives you courage♥♥♥♥.

in love there's no age to consider- its on the maturity of a person to handle relationship.I've seen couples where the girl's age is almost half of the age of the western guy- but they do well (at the moment after 10 years of wedded bliss) Its a pity though when the guy passes away and leaving the girl on her own. My bf is few years older than me , so age gap is not an issue in our relationship.

Banned
    yes thats my point i am feeling 24 now

Banned
    I don't want to give comments why younger ladies have chosen to marry elder men same age as their parents.

But for me, I will choose a man at least 5 years younger than me or 5 years older than me.

Banned
    Another "age gap" thread.............

Must be running out of things to talk about.....

Age is mind over matter.

If you don't mind.....

Then it doesn't matter.......

Banned
    For me age doesn't always equal maturity, I've met ladies in their early twenties who are more grown up and worldly-wise than some in their thirties. It's all about what you share in common and how you bond with each other.

Hello,age gap is not really an issue for me,its how you accept and understand the person you love.Just love him/her with no limitations and standards.Go for love,it whats make you really happy.

I did bump into an american in his early 70's with a "Fiancee" in her early 20's in Manila once,that relationship was certainly dodgy,the guy had a really sleazy air about him I remember thinking then if I had a daughter who brought such a slimeball home to proudly meet her parents I might get a bit angry

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information