Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Filipina dating traditions?

Is it true that the male is expected to visit the family at their home to be taken seriously?

I am involved with a Filipina girl.
    She has told me i need to go and visit the whole family (parents, brothers, uncle and close friend i believe, if my memory serves me correct) which at first made me nervous but eventually started to agree to make plans to visit the family home for dinner.

Now i am very keen on this girl and i do love her. Although i do not like pictures i have seen of her brothers who are apparently "very protective" of her. I think that her brothers and his friends look "intimidating" with tattoos and have posed for pictures with large swords (Large swords - Not the behavior or attitude of the true Filipino i don't believe)

It is worrying me and my judgements and accusations have not gone well and have upset/offended my girl's family who have told her to stop speaking with me. I do care for her and love her very much it is just i am increasingly worried by the pictures i have seen.

Does "T.S.T" mean anything to anyone here?
    Only that is a friendship group her brothers are involved with.

People please advise and offer as much information as possible, salamat in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonely-Prince View Post
    Is it true that the male is expected to visit the family at their home to be taken seriously?

I am involved with a Filipina girl.
    She has told me i need to go and visit the whole family (parents, brothers, uncle and close friend i believe, if my memory serves me correct) which at first made me nervous but eventually started to agree to make plans to visit the family home for dinner.

Now i am very keen on this girl and i do love her. Although i do not like pictures i have seen of her brothers who are apparently "very protective" of her. I think that her brothers and his friends look "intimidating" with tattoos and have posed for pictures with large swords (Large swords - Not the behavior or attitude of the true Filipino i don't believe)

It is worrying me and my judgements and accusations have not gone well and have upset/offended my girl's family who have told her to stop speaking with me. I do care for her and love her very much it is just i am increasingly worried by the pictures i have seen.

Does "T.S.T" mean anything to anyone here?
    Only that is a friendship group her brothers are involved with.

People please advise and offer as much information as possible, salamat in advance.

I thought u said (in your other thread) that your lonely prince and would want to meet some

For me, i only let the guy meet my family if i am sure with him or really love him or serious with him. I dont know what TST means. is that the name of their group?

One thing i can say is that filipino men who has tatoo in Phililippines is not really good, unless if you are a celebrity but common people if got tattoo some will think you're an ex-convict i know in uk its common and acceptable. It's just different in every country

May i ask wheres your girl from? wat part in philippines

TST Temple street trece,the only asian gang I heard of over there,not exactly what I would describe as a "Friendship group" unless you apply the same title to the Mafia and the triads,mongrel mob,black power,hells angels etc Your 18 years old?Is this girl in Pinas?How did you meet her?As for visiting every single member of the family,I hope you have a spare year or so as some families are quite large Dont worry,I am sure her brothers will take care of you

She is from Cavite

I went over there first time when I was 19 mate,but I was quite clued up and streetwise having already visited other third world countries,you sound apprehensive already having seen a few blades in a pic If your going round for dinner to meet the family where are you at the moment,and if you love her why are you a "Lonely-prince"?

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    TST Temple street trece,the only asian gang I heard of over there,not exactly what I would describe as a "Friendship group" unless you apply the same title to the Mafia and the triads,mongrel mob,black power,hells angels etc Your 18 years old?Is this girl in Pinas?How did you meet her?As for visiting every single member of the family,I hope you have a spare year or so as some families are quite large Dont worry,I am sure her brothers will take care of you
    She is living here in London and i first met her in a social networking site and then on "friendster" (she had me join it and her friends including this brother have added me there)
    So TST is bad then? I guess i should be careful if they are part of a gang and especially if i have now upset the family ... Not advisable to go and meet them in their home for dinner then? :(

I went over there first time when I was 19 mate,but I was quite clued up and streetwise having already visited other third world countries,you sound apprehensive already having seen a few blades in a pic If your going round for dinner to meet the family where are you at the moment,and if you love her why are you a "Lonely-prince"?
    I don't know what to do. I mean not every Filipina and her family are involved with TST are they? I have told her i know what TST represents she just says it is a friendship group and her brother does not cause trouble. Hmmm, i am not too sure what to think.

If your in London mate the dinners going to be cold by the time you turn up in Cavite mate,and if your running late the table is likely to be bare as one thing pinoys love is food I have heard of the temple street trece,ask her is that them?I never heard them called a "Friendship" group however,more like a pinoy branch of the triads How old is she?Surely her family are here in London with her?The important ones anyway,mum,dad,and siblings

Some more information ...
    B.A.P - Brown and Proud?

Any information on that anyone?

If your in London mate the dinners going to be cold by the time you turn up in Cavite mate,and if your running late the table is likely to be bare as one thing pinoys love is food I have heard of the temple street trece,ask her is that them?I never heard them called a "Friendship" group however,more like a pinoy branch of the triads How old is she?Surely her family are here in London with her?The important ones anyway,mum,dad,and siblings
    She lives with her family in East London, i can get there to see her by train or bus normally takes about 3 hours. If she and her family are involved in TST should i stay away? And find another Filipina? I mean surely they are not all involved with TST are they?

Pinoy culture is run on brotherhood type lines,they dont tend to be individuals,they prefer team work so maybe that explains her bro's initiation into the TST's?Doesnt the posing with swords give you a clue as to how friendly they are?I am trying to remember the last time I posed in a pic with a sword Besides,your 18,enjoy life

I never heard of BAP,but maybe I stick to the nice parts of Manila,the place is actually filled with plastic gangsters,I met loads,they model themselves on gangs from other parts of the world,gangs like LA's BAHALA NA Why are you so interested in filipinas anyway,18 years old?You should be having the time of your life Dont worry too much about gangs mate,its a phase we all go through and grow out of

If you do go over there dont drink with them it can sometimes kick-off worse than plaistow on a saturday night

Banned

Red face

ok so you are 18 how old is she ?

you say she is in uk now ?was she born here then ? if so are here parents here? dont even bother going to the philippines when you actualy get married [if you do ] invite the brothers sisters here [remember your be buying the plane tickets though

DONT INVITE THEM OVER.........................They might bring their swords

In your introductory thread you describe yourself as single and looking for someone special In this thread your with someone and love her elaborate please?

She is 19 and was born in Cavite ... She has been here for just over 2 years i believe.

DONT INVITE THEM OVER.........................They might bring their swords
    Please address this topic with a degree of seriousness. Luckily she doesn't have my home address, i managed to avoid giving it especaily when i knew of the T.S.T involvement. I think maybe i should find a Filipina and family that are "decent". In terms of being law abiding and respectful.

Banned

Talking

the signs outside the bars worried me at first -

kindly leave all firearms and weapons outside i have never seen so many security guards with guns in my life but you get used to it some places looked like the wild west and that was near butwan

In your introductory thread you describe yourself as single and looking for someone special In this thread your with someone and love her elaborate please?
    I am looking for a special someone that's right. I don't want a British girl (no racism intended), i feel they are not respectful or caring enough. I want someone that will stand by me and support me i want a soul-mate not just a Saturday night fling "wham!, bam! thank you ma'am style."
    If this Filipina my post is relating to is involved in all of this i will consider looking for another Filipina. I want someone law-abiding and decent.

Your right,sorry for being facetious,its just you describe yourself as being single and looking,then your smitten and in love thinking of popping over to pinas with a gang of sword wielding triads,now your saying maybe you should leave her

Quote Originally Posted by trader dave View Post
    the signs outside the bars worried me at first -

kindly leave all firearms and weapons outside i have never seen so many security guards with guns in my life but you get used to it some places looked like the wild west and that was near butwan
    That's slightly concerning to say the least.
    I know the Philippines is 70% below the poverty line and i understand the hardships.

Here you are Dave,this place was like downtown Kabul,despite the fact it was in Quezon City(memo to self,never go for a bar crawl with drunken pinoys)

Your right,sorry for being facetious,its just you describe yourself as being single and looking,then your smitten and in love thinking of popping over to pinas with a gang of sword wielding triads,now your saying maybe you should leave her
    That's ok my friend. I am sorry if i am confusing you with my trail of thoughts. If this Filipina and her siblings are involved with T.S.T i will have no choice but to look for another Filipina. I need to be happy and in my search to find a soul-mate there will be break-ups along the way, i am here hoping to meet a loving Filipina.

Here you are Dave,this place was like downtown Kabul,despite the fact it was in Quezon City(memo to self,never go for a bar crawl with drunken pinoys)
    Thanks for the advice i will take note

Banned

Talking

my friend find a filipina of your dreams IN THE PHILIPPINES NOT IN EAST LONDON and wait a few years ,go visit the place do some research first its a great place for a single guy as well

my friend find a filipina of your dreams IN THE PHILIPPINES NOT IN EAST LONDON and wait a few years ,go visit the place do some research first its a great place for a single guy as well
    That sounds like some good and sound advice to me

Banned
    yes tawi

i got a little worried when i first entered a bar it was all you could drink for 100 peso i thought this is going to be like the uk everyone getting drunk having a punchup ---- it was great never see a cross word all night just people laughing ,dancing and singing i must say i still feel safer in the phils than wandering around parts of london at night

yes tawi

i got a little worried when i first entered a bar it was all you could drink for 100 peso i thought this is going to be like the uk everyone getting drunk having a punchup ---- it was great never see a cross word all night just people laughing ,dancing and singing i must say i still feel safer in the phils than wandering around parts of london at night
    I can believe that too, the UK is getting very bad ... So no punch-ups or exchange of bad words? Just happy people having a good time yes?

I have seen a fight or two in the philippines,they dont tend to have punch-ups ALA manny pacquiao,they actually prefer knife-ups and I once saw two guys hold a man while the third broke a bottle over his head Good clean fun

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information