Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Methinks someone is still stuck in the 1930's!!!

It must be a hard life when wifey is doing the housework, and the poor man has to go out risking his life to hunt down extinct Mammoths
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Hi Nora,

i believe that you and your fiancee must have a serious discussion of what is on your mind while there are still chances to sort them out....Tell him what and how you feel of the situation as he may not aware....Open up everything to him as you have been engaged for a year now, right? so i believe you can only settle all the questions in your mind if you tell him all of them.....

Good luck Nora and wish both of you the best... and opps, PRAYING HARD helps alot.....leave everything to God's hand while you are also doing your part....and you will see, He will guide you to your steps.....and decisions in life.....

Good luck and see you around....God bless you too....

Newbie (Restricted Access) Seer's Avatar
    Well this is the second thread I read here, the 1st after joining, love is for the rich only it seems.. We will have barcoded souls next...

Trusted Member
    Long distance love certainly needs a bit in the bank to bring to fruition, that is true.

Sort of 'feathering one's nest ?

Better than the taxpayer funding the results of all the home-grown easy come easy go failures.

Newbie (Restricted Access) Seer's Avatar
    Hmm I was actually pondering that angle whilst making a coffee after posting that. Was thinking there are costs involved with UK dating and marriage, I guess maybe we just don't think about it let alone produce an itemised bill when its a homegrown romance.

Banned
    It's sometimes worth being penniless to see if the girl will stick with you. I have a pal who a few years back was pretty much living in a hut with his girl. He's now raking in $1 million a year, and they're still together She obviously get spoilt rotten now, but she clearly deserves it.

Costs of courtship/Marriage to a filipina ?

the lists is endless but its worth it once you found a true person and true love...marriage? what is his is yours and yours is his..so nevermind the buzzcocks
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Walaytawo View Post
    It's sometimes worth being penniless to see if the girl will stick with you. I have a pal who a few years back was pretty much living in a hut with his girl. He's now raking in $1 million a year, and they're still together She obviously get spoilt rotten now, but she clearly deserves it.
    I've been searching for a girl and a hut like that for ages.

Totally unrealistic The costings are like a monthly payment when buying a woman from a catalogue does anyone in the real world actually tot-up their expenditures when they truly love a woman rather than shopping for a trophy wife or a piece of meat?

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Trusted Member
    Only wish I had.

see if you have the necessary funds and or income to go through with this type of project.
    Project? This is written about marrying a woman,not decking out a garden or renovating a boat

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Project? This is written about marrying a woman,not decking out a garden or renovating a boat
    lol!

Does seem an odd approach to it.....even to a miserable old cynic like me.

Having said that, I've just found myself going all soppy over a particularly nice young lady from Bacoor.

Here we go again.

Yeah,I am also a miserable old cynic but to be honest the OP sounds like he is trying to work out the monthly repayments for a catalogue mail-order bride,very romantic I wonder how such people met life partners before the internet phenomenon made it convenient to have a selection of women at the click of a mouse

Trusted Member
    Yes, I agree.

I had to wait a month for each letter, and no internet or mobiles then of course.

No wonder I didn't want to come back home after my first trip to the Phils.

Trusted Member
    As long as you're not in the way of a religious nut's bomb, or born into the poverty of a Roman Catholic country.

Southern Leyte
    There is no cost to true love and if you are counting ŁŁŁ's then I suggest your better off going to a supermarket

There is no cost to true love and if you are counting ŁŁŁ's
    Amen,the OP sounds like a livestock auctioneer giving meat-on-the-hoof prices at a farmyard auction

cant take it with you, rather be happy and in love and a little skint

Hmmm there is no cost to court filipina... but ofcourse you better get the right one that wasnt looking for financial lift and security. you'll know whenever a woman start asking for things and money for just a few days or week , it means you better find another

my husband didnt spend anything on me the whole time we're courting, thou' sometimes he cant help him self but send me money thru western union he wont take it back even thou i said i dont need it. it ends up whatever money he sent me i put them aside then we spent it on bills for hotel and visa extention for him staying longer in PH whenever he visited me. sometimes i do ask him to pay it back which never happens
    All in all he only spent money on flights for getting his bum in manila to see me. and our wedding and visa application
    ...wrigglybum....

Typical Filipinos are very conservative people. Parents will not allow their daughters to go out on a date without chaperons. If a man wants to date a woman, he should asked the parents' permission. He should tell them where they will go, and what time they will be home and most often they will have chaperons. Most parents do not allow their daughters to go to secluded places with a man to avoid temptations and the appearance of evil as what they said. When the woman dis obeyed her parents, she will be grounded. Parents preferred that the man will visit and meet their daughters at home rather than anywhere else. Before the man or the woman get into relationship, their parents should know whom they were getting involved to. Their family and friends would help to observe the person then they will give their approval. Most relationships that were not approved by family and friends will not last long. Members of the family and the friends are influential people in Filipino courtship and even marriage. It is customary for Filipinos to have concerned with their family and friends' lives and whereabouts because they are the ones who would offer help when problem comes. Filipinos really care about each other in any circumstance.

Trusted Member
    Very true.

If only we still had the same standards in this country.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Very true.

If only we still had the same standards in this country.
    hmmm maybe a hundred years from now

Trusted Member
    I mean of decency....not the roads.

aws i see

This is one of the sad truths in the Philippine. A lot of corruption going on. Just have to be careful in dealing with any legal processes.

This is one of the sad truths in the Philippines. A lot of corruption going on. Just have to be careful in dealing with any legal processes.

Moy, you hit it bull's eye! Everything u said are true.

one day I hope to find out

true cost of happiness, well its worth every penny in my view

Quote Originally Posted by Moy View Post
    Typical Filipinos are very conservative people.
    Based on Philippine Culture, Filipinas are very conservative. If we go back in time to 50 years ago, when you held a womans hand, you will end up marrying her as a result. That is how conservative Filipinos are, that even a single touch like that is a very big deal.

in comparison to our time, we are in a generation which is aware of liberty.
    Filipinas are now liberated.

Parents will not allow their daughters to go out on a date without chaperons.
    i think nowaday girls wont ask permission from thier parents because they are afraid they wont be allowed to go out CHAPERONS do not exist anymore, now its called Group Dates.

Most relationships that were not approved by family and friends will not last long.
    They mostly last longer "love against all odds"

...Filipinas nowadays already adopt the culture of other countries. This must be the result of our colonial mentality although there are a few who still act like Maria Clara.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information