Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

need some help please, day trip to

Hi folks.

I'm posting on behalf of Liza my wifey.

Ok, here goes.
    I want to take Liza to France for a DAY TRIP.
    Now I know all about the schengen visa, and the rigmarole one has to go through to obtain one, and how long they last, and how she (we) can travel through each country with this visa.

So...As said I want to take Liza to France on a day trip, Ferry for some shopping

Has any one ever done this sorta trip before??
    Does she still need this Schengen Visa, even for a day trip?

I see on one travelling site that IF she has the right to a re-admission into the UK then she can travel for 90 days into the signed Schengen Countries, (after that she needs to gain this visa)
    Liza is here on a spouse visa for 2 years it expires in June 2009, so am I correct in saying that THIS visa she has already in her passport allows her to LEAVE the UK and return with 2 days of the end of the 2 year period.
    (Dont quote me on the later)
    However all this aside she gets her ILR in July/August so does THIS "stamp" in her passport allow her to travel into Europe, WITHOUT this Schengen visa?

Can I say a big thanks to all that may answer in advance.

Cheers

The 'Hubby'

Quote Originally Posted by lizaphil View Post
    Hi folks.

I'm posting on behalf of Liza my wifey.

Ok, here goes.
    I want to take Liza to France for a DAY TRIP.
    Now I know all about the schengen visa, and the rigmarole one has to go through to obtain one, and how long they last, and how she (we) can travel through each country with this visa.

So...As said I want to take Liza to France on a day trip, Ferry for some shopping

Has any one ever done this sorta trip before??
    Does she still need this Schengen Visa, even for a day trip?

I see on one travelling site that IF she has the right to a re-admission into the UK then she can travel for 90 days into the signed Schengen Countries, (after that she needs to gain this visa)
    Liza is here on a spouse visa for 2 years it expires in June 2009, so am I correct in saying that THIS visa she has already in her passport allows her to LEAVE the UK and return with 2 days of the end of the 2 year period.
    (Dont quote me on the later)
    However all this aside she gets her ILR in July/August so does THIS "stamp" in her passport allow her to travel into Europe, WITHOUT this Schengen visa?

Can I say a big thanks to all that may answer in advance.

Cheers

The 'Hubby'
    WITHOUT this Schengen visa she can't travel in any countries in europe even she got her ILR but applying one is not a problem since she is a spouse of brit citizen and its free. You can apply for mutliple visa but im not sure if it is free but for my filipina friend married to brit got one for 30 days visa and free. For sure you can get a definite answer from your query from Joe the immigration expert of this forum

thanks for the quick response.
    Am I to believe then that she cant even have a DAY TRIP TO any European Country then?

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lizaphil View Post
    thanks for the quick response.
    Am I to believe then that she cant even have a DAY TRIP TO any European Country then?
    She definately can't to any schengen country (which now includes Switzerland) or (legally) to the Reublic of Ireland for any amount of time even a few hours. You could try other non-schengen European countries but I guess most if not all of them will require your wife to get a visa.

Thread Information